Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Big thanks for posting this and the videos. Mine just started the exact same thing. I was thinking it was the transfer case but I'm relieved to know it's probably just the driveshaft. I never would have suspected a driveshaft could make these noises.
Drive shafts shouldn't be going out this fast.
Mine just started with 4444.4 on the odometer...do odd. I guess it's off to Ford I go...smh
Sponsored

Last edited:

mspeter

Badlands
First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Badlands 7-spd, ‘20 F350 Dually, & 3x M422A1s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2.3L has started to make the chirping noise <20MPH. Indeed it is the transfer case end driveshaft boot. Specifically the narrow section mid-bellow that helps center the boot and rides on the driveshaft. Not sure what the long term solution is considering the need for some degree of plunging, unless the boot gets co-molded with a delrin ring for the support ridge, or use a less-squeaky material. This boot needs to be rather rigid to survive high RPM, unlike the wheel speed of a CV Boot. Grease will sling migrate outwards. I attempted to make a driveshaft with RCV joints for a trail rig with bad driveshaft angles. With 5.38 gears, the RCV orange boots blew at 50 MPH after 5 minutes.

Hydro76K

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey-just getting into this and have been reading what you all have been writing. I do not know vehicles real well...so, my Bronco is having that chirping sound as well and it is driving me bat crap crazy...are you all having success with Ford in getting that fixed and replaced? I have been to Ford twice and they basically have blown me off. So, what do I need to tell Ford to get this problem fixed?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey-just getting into this and have been reading what you all have been writing. I do not know vehicles real well...so, my Bronco is having that chirping sound as well and it is driving me bat crap crazy...are you all having success with Ford in getting that fixed and replaced? I have been to Ford twice and they basically have blown me off. So, what do I need to tell Ford to get this problem fixed?
Hi there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, So now going on 4 weeks and still waiting on a dealship that can get me in and looked at under 8 weeks of wait time.

Sponsored

Devj

Base
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 c10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just noticed the same issue with mine, hopefully the dealership process will go smoothly.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just noticed the same issue with mine, hopefully the dealership process will go smoothly.
Hey, Joshua! I can take a closer look into your squeaking noise concerns if you'd like. Can you send us a direct message with your VIN and the dealership details? To send a DM, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

FatCat

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This just started with my 2022 yesterday with @4500 miles. Now what? Go to dealer? Contact Ford Motor Company? I have a video but can’t seem to get it uploaded.

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This just started with my 2022 yesterday with @4500 miles. Now what? Go to dealer? Contact Ford Motor Company? I have a video but can’t seem to get it uploaded.
contact your selling (or local servicing) dealer to schedule an appointment with their service department.

windowdan

Badlands
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my Badlands Sasquatch for more than a year. This annoying squeaking problem made itself known around 900 miles. I've had it into the shop 4 times with the last being nearly a month in duration. The first fix was to lube the boots. The second fix was to replace the front drive shaft. The third fix was nothing done. The fourth fix to remove and rebuild the transfer case. This mechanic did an excellent job and "found the output seal where it contacts the output flange was rubbing the flange." Fix 1, 2 and 4 resulted in the noise going away for days then reappearing. The noise I'm getting is just like each of you who have posted to this great thread. I'm hopeful the Ford representative monitoring this site will take up my case as they have for so many. Thanks to all of you who have made this information available!

Sponsored

Hydro76K

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update for me: I have had my Bronco in the dealer six times now and no resolution. They suggested replacing the rear shock? I am no mechanic or even close...but not sure that would cause the squak/chirp noise. The sound is driving me nuts...I love the Bronco but wow...not sure how long I wanna keep battling this issue and listening to it.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've had my Badlands Sasquatch for more than a year. This annoying squeaking problem made itself known around 900 miles. I've had it into the shop 4 times with the last being nearly a month in duration. The first fix was to lube the boots. The second fix was to replace the front drive shaft. The third fix was nothing done. The fourth fix to remove and rebuild the transfer case. This mechanic did an excellent job and "found the output seal where it contacts the output flange was rubbing the flange." Fix 1, 2 and 4 resulted in the noise going away for days then reappearing. The noise I'm getting is just like each of you who have posted to this great thread. I'm hopeful the Ford representative monitoring this site will take up my case as they have for so many. Thanks to all of you who have made this information available!
Update for me: I have had my Bronco in the dealer six times now and no resolution. They suggested replacing the rear shock? I am no mechanic or even close...but not sure that would cause the squak/chirp noise. The sound is driving me nuts...I love the Bronco but wow...not sure how long I wanna keep battling this issue and listening to it.
Front driveshaft is the problem. Happens when you have been driving for a bit. Have to bring it in warm, put on lift and rotate left front tire. Sings like a canary!! Replaced the front driveshaft and I have not had the noise since. Fingers crossed, been about 4k miles or so since the repair.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Front driveshaft is the problem. Happens when you have been driving for a bit. Have to bring it in warm, put on lift and rotate left front tire. Sings like a canary!! Replaced the front driveshaft and I have not had the noise since. Fingers crossed, been about 4k miles or so since the repair.
Yep. When your dealer says "drop it off" tell them no. You'll bring it when they can have someone look at it hot. Parking it and waiting until they get to it is pointless.

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, So now going on 4 weeks and still waiting on a dealship that can get me in and looked at under 8 weeks of wait time.
I had to take mine to a off-road shop they diagnosed the issue and had the front drive shaft out and called Ford and got me a new replacement and it's gone. @Ford I want my money back for coming out of my pocket for this. I'm pissed.

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had to take mine to a off-road shop they diagnosed the issue and had the front drive shaft out and called Ford and got me a new replacement and it's gone. @Ford I want my money back for coming out of my pocket for this. I'm pissed.
Why would you pay for this instead of just taking it in for free warranty service?

and then demand your money back “because you are pissed”?
Sponsored