Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why would you pay for this instead of just taking it in for free warranty service?

and then demand your money back “because you are pissed”?
Oh.... Because I went to TWO different dealerships that couldn't "Replicate" the noise I have on video.
And the 3rd dealership well ...They couldn't get me in for 9 weeks....
That's why I came out of pocket.
Sponsored

HorseChief

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve had my 2023 base Sasquatch bronco with a 2.7l for only a few months and this same whirring noise has been irritating me for at least 2 months. Took it to a local dealer, showed them this page, videos, and everything else I can find online. They said they can hear the noise but could not find the issue, which is a good indication they didn’t try very hard. All in all, they sent me home after leaving it there for a week and said to let them know if it gets worse. This is not a good look for Ford. What’s a warranty worth if they don’t honor it. I’m in South FL, anybody have reputable dealers that take pride in their work and aren’t looking to just push them out because they’re backed up? I’m willing to drive if need be.

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve had my 2023 base Sasquatch bronco with a 2.7l for only a few months and this same whirring noise has been irritating me for at least 2 months. Took it to a local dealer, showed them this page, videos, and everything else I can find online. They said they can hear the noise but could not find the issue, which is a good indication they didn’t try very hard. All in all, they sent me home after leaving it there for a week and said to let them know if it gets worse. This is not a good look for Ford. What’s a warranty worth if they don’t honor it. I’m in South FL, anybody have reputable dealers that take pride in their work and aren’t looking to just push them out because they’re backed up? I’m willing to drive if need be.
It's probably the front drive shaft.
I came out of pocket to fix mine cause 2 dealerships couldn't replicate the sound I had on video.
Hope fully a upgraded aftermarket part from Splicer will be out so I can just upgrade if it does it again.

pilot_ims

Wildtrak
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In the same boat right now. Vehicle is in right now for hardtop seals, and have been having the chirping for a few weeks now. Took a test drive and what do you know, the sound goes away with the service manager in the truck :rolleyes: They are going to try and drive the vehicle to warm it up as the sound isn't there on cold starts. Hoping they can replicate it as I don't want to keep going back and forth trying to get rid of this annoying sound

diggingdirt1

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Afternoon All! I just recently joined the group lots of good info! But in terms of this thread I’ve been battling the Driveshaft Boot noise since Brand New… we have a 23 Badlands Sas FYI. Local Ford dealer first put in a new TCase at 400 miles I knew that wasn’t the issue, then replaced the driveshaft of coarse didn’t fix the issue. It’s the Boot I keep preaching this and I get nowhere. Any new news on this issue from anyone else?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Afternoon All! I just recently joined the group lots of good info! But in terms of this thread I’ve been battling the Driveshaft Boot noise since Brand New… we have a 23 Badlands Sas FYI. Local Ford dealer first put in a new TCase at 400 miles I knew that wasn’t the issue, then replaced the driveshaft of coarse didn’t fix the issue. It’s the Boot I keep preaching this and I get nowhere. Any new news on this issue from anyone else?
I’m not sure I understand how the driveshaft didn’t fix it…. the boot comes with the new front driveshaft.

diggingdirt1

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’s the Boot that’s the issue

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think it’s the Boot that’s the issue
I understand that. What I don’t understand is how them replacing the front driveshaft didn’t fix the concern. The new driveshaft would’ve included a new boot.

diggingdirt1

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree
I understand that. What I don’t understand is how them replacing the front driveshaft didn’t fix the concern. The new driveshaft would’ve included a new boot.
I agree 100 Percent with you, but still same issue returns after ya drive it for 30 mins or so. Getting frustrating

diggingdirt1

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So at the Ford Garage today, Tech take the DS out and loosens the boot and the internal grease is running out it’s so broke down…. This is the 3rd DS in the last 2 months. They are repacking with a different grease and we shall see what happens.

Sponsored

Alpha Bet Ickle

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So massaging the boot helped you. After what you said I went out to mine and massaged the boot and you are right, it kinda makes the noise when you are doing that. So some are saying the grease is breaking down but massaging the boot shouldn't have an effect on this? Maybe the rubber itself is just squeaking. Its a hard compound and I understand why it has to be. What I haven't seen anyone do is to condition the rubber as a possible solution. Motor oil, leather conditioner, armor all, vegetable out, saddle soap. I dont know... Its odd that some replacement driveshafts still seem to squeak and some don't. I'm as confused as the rest of you and am suffering the same problem with only 250 miles on my 2.7 BL SAS.

Eliminator

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My ‘24 Black Diamond began making this noise at 1600 miles. Took it to the dealer where the tech went for a ride with me and heard the noise. Service kept the truck for threes days to diagnose the issue but couldn’t duplicate the noise. I explained they needed to drive the vehicle for at least 30 minutes to get it “heat soaked.” Still, no noise and I brought it home. It was great for two days then the squeaking returned. Took it back to the dealer and went for another ride with a tech. The noise was present and the truck was immediately put on a lift. Three techs got under it with some “ears” and diagnosed the noise was coming from the forward driveshaft. Amazingly they had a driveshaft in stock and replaced the faulty unit. The entire visit, including two test drives, took an hour. Thumbs up to Mullinax Ford in Vero Beach. The best part, zero squeaking on an extended hour and a half drive home.
I am definitely considering fabricating a heat shield.

1ROUGHCOUNTRYBRONCO

Badlands
First Name
TAREQ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am having the same issue. I purchased a 2023 Badlands in Jan of this year (2024) and within a week or two I noticed a whining noise at low speeds on the front left wheel area. It was more audible when I closed the windows. I found this post and took it to my local dealership and they couldn't duplicate the issue.

I advised the shop foreman to review this post along with the video and he reviewed it and stated he would order a new driveshaft. Once it was replaced, the noise immediately went away. Two months pass and now all of a sudden the noise is back. I am taking it to a different dealership this time but at this point, if they change the Driveshaft again, I am worried it will just come back. Does FORD have a fix for this??!

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still haven't had the noise come back after massaging the boot several times. That makes me think it's an issue with the grease up inside the boot and maybe that's why new driveshafts can have the problem as well. Mine started around 3-400 miles and I'm now at 3200 miles with no noise the past 11 months.
Sponsored