Sponsored

UPDATED! THE POWER OF COMPLAINING WORKS! Advice on dealer/communication breakdown?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just wanted to get some advice. So a little backstory, as I've posted previously...
My Day 1 reservation, when re-submitted for MY22, ended up "accidentally" being botched. After the carousel of direction from @Ford Motor Company I finally got in touch with the sales manager. Over the phone they admitted they messed my order up, and that I could either take on the 4 door when it arrives and keep it, take it and lease it until the 2 door I want arrives, or simply wait until January or February and they'd make a priority order to get me the 2 door I wanted. Sales manager sounded sincere (they all don't they?). I thanked them but also added that I'd like something in writing via e-mail, and that I'd also like to give final approval before it gets submitted so I know I'm getting what I ordered. This was a week ago, and now even after a voicemail and a few emails, radio silence...
Do I just contact @Ford Motor Company again?

Granted I don't NEED a new shiny Bronco, but it just seems crappy that I reserved Day 1 during the actual reveal and I'm still SOL regarding my order.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This^^^^

Sponsored
OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I was ready to make an in person visit this past weekend but after complaining to ford customer service earlier last week, and emailing the dealership a few times that I wanted something in writing, lo and behold, Thursday afternoon I got 2 emails from my dealership contact!
The first was from the original guy who botched my order, asking me to confirm what I wanted via DORA build sheet. ( I could've been a smartass and reiterated this would be the 4th time doing so, but figured it wouldn't help me any.) So after confirming, I get a nice email from the sales manager apologizing for the lack of communication and in the email he explained they were going to sell the botched 4 door order, and use one of their allocations to get my 2 door configuration at msrp, he also signed the dora and stated per the email, they would honor this price.
So things are looking up now, just have my fingers crossed it gets built soon.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in the email he explained they were going to sell the botched 4 door order, and use one of their allocations to get my 2 door configuration at msrp, he also signed the dora and stated per the email, they would honor this price.
I'm nervous for you. I hope the process of "using one of their allocations" goes the way you expect it to go.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Emails and phone calls don’t do shit nut up and go to the dealer and handle buisness
Don’t forget to throw chairs and berate your contact upon arrival. That is a part of the terms for them being such clowns.

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm nervous for you. I hope the process of "using one of their allocations" goes the way you expect it to go.
I really think it’ll be fine, I mean barring any setbacks with production of course. He signed the Dora and quoted they wouldn’t be selling over msrp which I reckon they’ll have to honor now 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really think it’ll be fine, I mean barring any setbacks with production of course. He signed the Dora and quoted they wouldn’t be selling over msrp which I reckon they’ll have to honor now 🤷🏻‍♂️
It will be fine. Not every dealer on here is the devil like some think. Sounds like yours did the stand up thing.

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It will be fine. Not every dealer on here is the devil like some think. Sounds like yours did the stand up thing.
Thank god ! I was about to unleash some napalm negative reviews
Ford Bronco UPDATED! THE POWER OF COMPLAINING WORKS! Advice on dealer/communication breakdown? 1637024107026
Sponsored