Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guys,

I am just as frustrated. And don't really understand the process either. But last time I checked I have never tried to schedule mass production of 190k vehicles to 50 different states and Canada while trying to keep consumers AND dealerships happy (which i am assuming no one here has either)

I am sure there is a process and I think it was explained as best as possible for common folk to understand that it is a combo of your timestamp...your build...and your dealer allocation. They have to make sure every dealer gets a certain amount. All three play a factor on when your production can start. So yes if you have a certain build in a certain location and your timestamp was later then it is possible that your build will be part of the first.

It will come when it comes. (But if you guys get any mire info let me know because I am just an anxious as anyone hahaha)
Sponsored

BigDaddyRon

Wildtrak
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Supercrew Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Guys,

I am just as frustrated. And don't really understand the process either. But last time I checked I have never tried to schedule mass production of 190k vehicles to 50 different states and Canada while trying to keep consumers AND dealerships happy (which i am assuming no one here has either)

I am sure there is a process and I think it was explained as best as possible for common folk to understand that it is a combo of your timestamp...your build...and your dealer allocation. They have to make sure every dealer gets a certain amount. All three play a factor on when your production can start. So yes if you have a certain build in a certain location and your timestamp was later then it is possible that your build will be part of the first.

It will come when it comes. (But if you guys get any mire info let me know because I am just an anxious as anyone hahaha)
Quite frankly I don't care, nor should it matter what a dealerships allocation is. Ford should have been building these rigs based on reservation order. You know like 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You know like the real world works...

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford led everyone to believe that if you spent the $100 to get a reservation that would “hold your place in line” is what I remember hearing/reading.

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fair enough. Problem is the misleading EDD's knowing they wouldn't be able to ship them. Ford had to know they were not getting the chips/modules well before they even built the January Broncos.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford led everyone to believe that if you spent the $100 to get a reservation that would “hold your place in line” is what I remember hearing/reading.

Quite frankly I don't care, nor should it matter what a dealerships allocation is. Ford should have been building these rigs based on reservation order. You know like 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You know like the real world works...

But they obviously can't build them in order due to parts availability. Yeah that's not the only issue. But it's still an issue just the same.

Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
But they obviously can't build them in order due to parts availability. Yeah that's not the only issue. But it's still an issue just the same.
This total and complete abortion started with Webasto and the hard tops and I think it still persists to this day. Yeah, the tow hitch and some other add-on are a issue but I think Ford is using the chip shortage as an excuse to hide the complete failure of the hard tops. That’s just my opinion FYI. I think Ford knows it f’ed up by using Webasto and they are now stuck with them. I’m honestly surprised more people aren’t trashing Webasto on this forum, to me it seems obvious that’s where the problem lies.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This total and complete abortion started with Webasto and the hard tops and I think it still persists to this day. Yeah, the tow hitch and some other add-on are a issue but I think Ford is using the chip shortage as an excuse to hide the complete failure of the hard tops. That’s just my opinion FYI. I think Ford knows it f’ed up by using Webasto and they are now stuck with them. I’m honestly surprised more people aren’t trashing Webasto on this forum, to me it seems obvious that’s where the problem lies.
I think it's getting to the point that people are realizing it's just the way it is and nothing can be done about it. Stressing about it is only going to cause gray hair, high blood pressure and ulcers. There's already enough things causing that without letting a vehicle delay rule your world.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
(emphasis mine)
Actually no, not in the slightest bit. Ford has never directly told us that they were reneging on the original terms that they were crystal clear on at the time. They changed (several times) the terms without notifying us in any way that they had. I don't know about you, but I don't go back to a website over and over again to re-read the terms and conditions to see if they changed after I agreed to it.

There have been some emails that slip in a blurb about depending on how many Broncos your dealer gets, never the word 'allocations' or not building in order, so if you missed reading between the lines or God forbid, thought it just meant that it might take longer to get your Bronco in the order promised because of supply chain problems (anyone who thinks Ford's wording and lack of calling it out specifically isn't designed to be deliberately obtuse on the subject, please raise your hand. We will wait...), you would never suspect Ford chose to chuck the reservation holders under the bus.

If you go back and read only the emails that Ford gave you, there is no way you would make the, incorrect and misleading, statement you made above. It paints a totally different picture.

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I mean, I wouldn't have gone with them on name alone... Webasto?!? Sounds like an infomercial product for some type of glue...

tenor.gif

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont know why everyone is flipping out now. If anyone bothered to read the posts like the Dirt Mountain one, would know this is what Ford does. I waited a year and a half from reservation for mine. You all have a long time to wait. My advice is to go out and do something and not live on these forums or the dark side will consume you 

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was “webasto-ed” - It could catch on as a verb.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Chips is a good cover for the Webasto Hard top. That top has been a real cluster. QC on it is even worse.

I'm guessing I'll be waiting 2 years for my 2-door as only 17% of production is 2-door. Plus I'm all the constraint items.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think it's getting to the point that people are realizing it's just the way it is and nothing can be done about it. Stressing about it is only going to cause gray hair, high blood pressure and ulcers. There's already enough things causing that without letting a vehicle delay rule your world.
I agree with this, I don’t even tell my wife about all the bronco issues.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco For those complaining about communication from ford on production and emails 200-2
Sponsored