Sponsored

Upgrade / install locking differentials?

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The reason the internet thinks they don’t fit the stock M210 is the video from Spicer that says they don’t. Others have confirmed some grinding is needed. Quite possibly these are modified to fit and the reason for the price increase over the 4.70.
Yes I understand that the guys selling the $4K axle assemblies were the ones telling us that's the only way you can fit 4.88 or 5.13. I doubt Ford Performance would commission a whole new casting for those applications, but I suppose its possible. Meanwhile Yukon says their gears will fit. We shall see.

The next question is, do I really need the $825 tuner from Ford? The locker is a dumb hookup--no connection to the vehicle wiring at all, other than power and ground. My final drive ratio should wind up close enough to stock (4.46 on 30" tires versus 5.13 on 37's) that I should be able to dial it in with tire size and axle ratio adjustments in Forscan. The only thing I can see that might throw a wrench in the works is the missing FAD. It would suck if I had to buy the tuner just for that. I suppose we'll see on that one too LOL.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FAD delete and ABS won’t like the gear change without Procal.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FAD delete and ABS won’t like the gear change without Procal.
Got it. I guess I'll be looking out for another Black Friday sale on those LOL.
Sponsored