Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Eibach coilovers set to be delivered this weekend but trying to get some advice on upper control arms. Can someone explain to me what the difference between a product like this KSP would be over a $900 Icon set? I don’t do a lot of crazy offloading, but wanting to lift it 3 inches. Any advice would be appreciated

https://www.kspmotor.com/products/u...ejRapyWmTutGa6iZ6BGcdjBTVK049LFBoCmZcQAvD_BwE
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

those don't have camber/caster adjusters so your stuck using the lower OEM ones, and they typically don't have enough adjustment to get all the way back to OEM geometry at 3" ride higher....

additionally the ICONS use a special sealed delta joint pro on the end that has the MOST articulation available from any ball joint.

That being said, I'm swapping to Braptor ICAs, because they are wider, longer and stronger...and WAY less $$$

OP
OP
Stripes136

Stripes136

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
those don't have camber/caster adjusters so your stuck using the lower OEM ones, and they typically don't have enough adjustment to get all the way back to OEM geometry at 3" ride higher....

additionally the ICONS use a special sealed delta joint pro on the end that has the MOST articulation available from any ball joint.

That being said, I'm swapping to Braptor ICAs, because they are wider, longer and stronger...and WAY less $$$
Thanks for the reply…didn’t realize the Braptor UCAs were different and would fit. Anyone have a link?

Last edited:

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for the reply…didn’t realize the Braptor UCAs were different and would fit. Anyone have a link?
They will not fit your application, so don't bother considering the Braptor UCAs.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Like F Spot said.... you need to understand that BMB just replaced his rear axle and it is wider to match the length of the raptor control arms he is installing. If you installed them (you would have to do upper and lower) your front end would be about 8 inches wider than the rear.

and there would be a lot more going on than just bolting them on.... New front outer axel shafts and all the brake lines and all the electronics would need to be lengthened; wheel speed sensors, abs, etc....

Answering the first question.... I went with the Icon tubular because Accutune (whom I think is one of the best in the business) felt that they had the best results in returning alignment to factory spec with those specific uppers..... Although I am not specifically going with factory spec., I am fairly close. My alignment guy (who is very good at oversized tire alignments) recommended a few tweaks that seem to be working out extremely well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Although I am not specifically going with factory spec., I am fairly close. My alignment guy (who is very good at oversized tire alignments) recommended a few tweaks that seem to be working out extremely well.
Curious what tweaks you have made? Is this for pre or post portal install?

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Curious what tweaks you have made? Is this for pre or post portal install?
Post portal and he rolled forward on the caster ever so slightly, He also mentioned the camber but I do not recall which direction he was recommending at the time I agreed to the tweeks (prior to alignment). I will have to find the paperwork. He did say he could easily get it back to stock with the Icon uppers. This was with the portals AND King coil overs.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Post portal and he rolled forward on the caster ever so slightly
is there a reason for doing this with the portals? Or just years of alignment experience?

by the way the portals on your bronco are the business.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

is there a reason for doing this with the portals? Or just years of alignment experience?

by the way the portals on your bronco are the business.
He was totally unfamiliar with portals, It had to do with tire size and the suspension lift from the coil overs.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

the Braptor uppers are exactly 2" wider per side....they are not quite a "bolt on mod" the mounting point is wider also...and there are numerous other changes required as well.

I ran fab tec steel Bronco UCAs for a month, the ones with uniballs...I returned them because they rubbed the tire even more than OEM, and the ride was harsh.

This is one area I don't advise skimping on, or trying some cheap off-brand stuff....the UCAs see tremendous forces during corners, and braking....with 40s, I can step on the brakes and blip the throttle and you can literally watch the OEM aluminum UCAs flex and twist under load...most of the movement is at the rubber/elastomer bushings. Quality parts here are important!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

the Braptor uppers are exactly 2" wider per side....they are not quite a "bolt on mod" the mounting point is wider also...and there are numerous other changes required as well.

I ran fab tec steel Bronco UCAs for a month, the ones with uniballs...I returned them because they rubbed the tire even more than OEM, and the ride was harsh.

This is one area I don't advise skimping on, or trying some cheap off-brand stuff....the UCAs see tremendous forces during corners, and braking....with 40s, I can step on the brakes and blip the throttle and you can literally watch the OEM aluminum UCAs flex and twist under load...most of the movement is at the rubber/elastomer bushings. Quality parts here are important!!!
Fasinating that they widened the mounting points on the Braptor... So the arms are only 2" longer.... Now that is very interesting. Are you going to have to change the Mounting points at all to get these to bolt up??? I AM SO IN TO FOLLOWING THIS. Man I am impressed with what you are doing!

Sorry when you say wide I am picturing left to right not front to rear... Maybe you are saying wide as in front to rear?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2' longer side to side and...the mounts are spread further apart as well...a proper fabricated "spacer" and double shear bolt supports need aadded....no biggie.

I'll post details in a week or so

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Eibach coilovers set to be delivered this weekend but trying to get some advice on upper control arms. Can someone explain to me what the difference between a product like this KSP would be over a $900 Icon set? I don’t do a lot of crazy offloading, but wanting to lift it 3 inches. Any advice would be appreciated

https://www.kspmotor.com/products/u...ejRapyWmTutGa6iZ6BGcdjBTVK049LFBoCmZcQAvD_BwE
Typically the billet arms are stronger than most of the fabricated arms. This isn't hard and fast rule but applies to most. The fabricated ones you listed have a factory style ball joint and will likely wear faster and won't provide as much articulation. Short of them possibly correcting some of the angles in the design, I don't see much of an advantage to that arm. We have been running our factory arms while we waited for ADS to release their billet arms. We will also make some higher quality fabricated arms as well.

The ADS arms do correct caster and camber in the design and have a standard uniball that is easily sourced for rebuilding when needed.

Ford Bronco Upper control arm advice (UCA) IMG_7019
Ford Bronco Upper control arm advice (UCA) IMG_7013

https://www.shiftsandgrinsfabricati...true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=8

Pakman

Wildtrak
First Name
Elbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Typically the billet arms are stronger than most of the fabricated arms. This isn't hard and fast rule but applies to most. The fabricated ones you listed have a factory style ball joint and will likely wear faster and won't provide as much articulation. Short of them possibly correcting some of the angles in the design, I don't see much of an advantage to that arm. We have been running our factory arms while we waited for ADS to release their billet arms. We will also make some higher quality fabricated arms as well.

The ADS arms do correct caster and camber in the design and have a standard uniball that is easily sourced for rebuilding when needed.

https://www.shiftsandgrinsfabricati...true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=8
Hi would you recommend these ADS over the icon billet delta joint pro?

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi would you recommend these ADS over the icon billet delta joint pro?
Yes. Based on what I've seen from Icon I’m not at all impressed. I am in other areas outside of Bronco and there has been a ton of issues with Icon. The materials and hardware used is hands down better with ADS.
Sponsored