First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anything more than 1.5 inches, you should technically be changing the UCAs. Anything lower and assuming you are using 35s and NOT 37s, then the stock UCAs are just fine and are actually designed very, very well on the Bronco. As most have specified here, IF you have to add the UCAs, seeing as you are above 3 inches on lift - ICONs are the best for price point and joint quality.

Personally, I have gotten the Eibach Pro Lift kit (springs ONLY). This is about a 1-inch lift. I'm retaining my stock UCAs and then adding - Rear Trailing links (https://www.rockjock4x4.com/RJ-182400-101) and an Icon Track Bar (https://www.polyperformance.com/icon-21-ford-bronco-rear-adjustable-track-bar-kit).

Sometime next year, if I decide to go full Coilover setup, then I will upgrade my UCAs as well.
I recently installed a 1.5" lift kit (spacers) on my Badlands, and noticed at full droop the upper control arm contacts the coil spring. Do aftermarket UCA's have extra clearance to clear the coils?
Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my opinion the icons with the delta pro joint has the most available angle available, period. They offer tube steel or aluminum versions. For now, these are the best available and superior to a ball joint many setups use.
What's your take on ball joints vs uniballs? I understand uniballs are stronger, but will they last, since some of them arent sealed?

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had great luck with Camburg and Icon. Both offer tubular and billet.

Icon also has a nice adjustable Rear Trac Bar.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently installed a 1.5" lift kit (spacers) on my Badlands, and noticed at full droop the upper control arm contacts the coil spring. Do aftermarket UCA's have extra clearance to clear the coils?
Don’t know but will know soon. Have 1” lift now and will be installing another 0.5” plus the Zone UCAs that will be here tmrw.

NEO Motorsport Garage

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neo-garage.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What's your take on ball joints vs uniballs? I understand uniballs are stronger, but will they last, since some of them arent sealed?
It really depends where in the country you live and will drive the Bronco, and how aggressive you plan to use it.

Ball joints are great because they tend to be quiet and maintenance free and last longer due to that.

Uniball are much stronger and hold up to serious abuse longer but will need to be serviced almost on a weekly basis due to the complete open design and tend to squeak all the time.

ICON kind of solved the issue with the Delta Joint which is a mix of both, with a much stronger joint and being partially closed from the elements while offering the extra travel in the joint like a uniball.

Let me know if we can help get you a set of arms. We carry almost every arm out there, and always have 10-15% off just about all brands!

www.Neo-garage.com

Sponsored

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have Zone UCA on mine. No issues at all. Have a 3” lift and my bronco aligned perfectly!

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It really depends where in the country you live and will drive the Bronco, and how aggressive you plan to use it.

Ball joints are great because they tend to be quiet and maintenance free and last longer due to that.

Uniball are much stronger and hold up to serious abuse longer but will need to be serviced almost on a weekly basis due to the complete open design and tend to squeak all the time.

ICON kind of solved the issue with the Delta Joint which is a mix of both, with a much stronger joint and being partially closed from the elements while offering the extra travel in the joint like a uniball.

Let me know if we can help get you a set of arms. We carry almost every arm out there, and always have 10-15% off just about all brands!

www.Neo-garage.com
Thanks for the tips. I live in AZ, the desert. Lots of dust, and sometimes some monsoons. It is my daily driver, so it's not getting abused, stressing components. Ill scope out the site, thanks!

NEO Motorsport Garage

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neo-garage.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the tips. I live in AZ, the desert. Lots of dust, and sometimes some monsoons. It is my daily driver, so it's not getting abused, stressing components. Ill scope out the site, thanks!
Reach out anytime with any questions. If you don’t see exactly what you need (it’s hard to constantly upload every single item to the online store), send a message and we will get you the part for the best price!

Bluray1

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Chevy Avalanche, 2023 C8 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have Zone UCA on mine. No issues at all. Have a 3” lift and my bronco aligned perfectly!
what lift did you go with? what size tires you running?

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

what lift did you go with? what size tires you running?
I have the Zone Adventure series 3” with stock 35”s

Bluray1

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Chevy Avalanche, 2023 C8 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How’s the ride quality? Would you recommend that lift? I’m not going to be doing any off-roading, just want to put on 35”s and have a little lift.
Sponsored