Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello All,
I just ordered the Eibach Pro Truck Coil Over kit. (FYI I ordered it from RedLine 360 which had them marked down to $1357 compared to everywhere else at ~$1750. Hopefully they're actually in stock.)
I had a question on swapping control arms. Most everywhere I have read recommends changing control arms when lifting to support the increased travel. The Eibach kit said it supports use of factory control arms. I am planning for ~3" of lift. Most of the replacement control arms I've found are pretty pricey except Zone who sells a Pro Series kit for about $380. Anyone have any experience with these? I can't find much on the dimensions, are they really much different in size (and really necessary) than factory? Their video says they are "reindexed" to allow for factory geometry...I'm assuming that's dealing with the ball joint and arm mounting angles. Any insight out there?
Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am also interested in this...Zone says cast steel and reuses stock ball joints...most others are cast/billet aluminum or welded tube and use non-stock ball joint. Not sure what real difference any of that makes to alinement, clearance, travel, ride or handling?

OP
OP

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I donā€™t think anyone mentioned a Raptor. Just a Big Bend.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMHO, $400 for a set of UCA seems way too low. Likely made overseas.

I've had good luck with Camburg, and Total Chaos over the last 20 years.
If you want to keep the balljoints, vs sphericals, Camburg may be making those, as well as SPC and 4WP. Think the 4WP are made south of the border.

But yes, the important thing is to relocate the arm geometry to get closer to factory settings.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks Evolkidbell. I appreciate the perspective. It makes me question if they are really any better (or potentially worse) quality than the OEM control arms.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to stick to a ball joint with my upper arms for range of motion and maintenance reasons.

I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of the Icon arms, which seem nice. But I have been waiting for SPC to release their arms. I have heard nothing but good things about them, and love the adjustability. I spoke with them a few months ago and they confirmed the bronco was under development. Pretty sure they just recently released these. If you search the part number there are vendors selling for much cheaper than the MSRP listed on their website.

https://www.spcalignment.com/compon...Bronco&year=2021 - 2021&from=USAFrom&to=USATo

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just a few FYI things...Plenty of people on here are running the Zone lift if you look through the build threads you can ask how they like the arms. The one thing I have seen is that if you are going to run stock offset wheels and 37s, the Zone upper arm is thicker and people have had rubbing issues when turning. if you look up birddogoverland on here, or he has a good youtube video showing this. He wound up putting 3/4 inch wheel spacers on, now I think he has aftermarket wheels with more offset.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In my opinion the icons with the delta pro joint has the most available angle available, period. They offer tube steel or aluminum versions. For now, these are the best available and superior to a ball joint many setups use.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tube UCA are fine depending on your application. I purchased the eibach too and some zone UCA and fabtech lower rear links, they get installed the 16th. Sure the billet UCA are nice and better than the tube option, but $1400 for UCA and $1400 for lower rear links seems awfully expensive. If I was hauling ass through the desert, jumping hills I would of went that route with Fox or king instead. Make sure you get the hardware box with the eibachs, they had to overnight one to me since they sent the coilovers without it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks, Iā€™m not getting mine installed until I can get the UCAs and a track bar. Id like to hear how it rides and handles when youā€™re done. Did you do a rear track bar?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tube UCA are fine depending on your application. I purchased the eibach too and some zone UCA and fabtech lower rear links, they get installed the 16th. Sure the billet UCA are nice and better than the tube option, but $1400 for UCA and $1400 for lower rear links seems awfully expensive. If I was hauling ass through the desert, jumping hills I would of went that route with Fox or king instead. Make sure you get the hardware box with the eibachs, they had to overnight one to me since they sent the coilovers without it.
Yeah, on the rear I have the fabtec rear lowers installed and there very good. I also just received my roc-joc rear upper links and will install them this week. I think the roc-jocs Johnny joints are a little better made than the fabtec.

PXL_20220806_184140201.jpg

Last edited:

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks, Iā€™m not getting mine installed until I can get the UCAs and a track bar. Id like to hear how it rides and handles when youā€™re done. Did you do a rear track bar?
I will post again once theyā€™re installed. I donā€™t have the track bar, going to see how everything handles/works before I make that purchase.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anything more than 1.5 inches, you should technically be changing the UCAs. Anything lower and assuming you are using 35s and NOT 37s, then the stock UCAs are just fine and are actually designed very, very well on the Bronco. As most have specified here, IF you have to add the UCAs, seeing as you are above 3 inches on lift - ICONs are the best for price point and joint quality.

Personally, I have gotten the Eibach Pro Lift kit (springs ONLY). This is about a 1-inch lift. I'm retaining my stock UCAs and then adding - Rear Trailing links (https://www.rockjock4x4.com/RJ-182400-101) and an Icon Track Bar (https://www.polyperformance.com/icon-21-ford-bronco-rear-adjustable-track-bar-kit).

Sometime next year, if I decide to go full Coilover setup, then I will upgrade my UCAs as well.

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am running the Icon Tubular arms and they are great, and would definitely recommend with the Eibachs. At full droop even the Icon 1.25" delta joint is almost maxed out so you are definitely limiting droop travel with the stock arm. It probably will not hurt anything but you probably are leaving an appreciable amount of travel and articulation on the table when using the stock arms. Another one I would definitely recommend considering are SPCs. They have separate camber and caster adjustment and have almost as much range of motion at the joint as the Icon, which is substantially more than just about any ball joint or uniball arm. I was really interested in trying the SPCs to max out negative camber on the upper and try to correct for it on the lower to shorten the effective distance between the diff output and the hub and try and fix the issue of the stock CV axle being a touch short.
Sponsored