Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you switch dealerships? I know it got refunded if you switched dealerships, but not if you reserved and converted at the same one.
Nope. Same dealership. Salesman told me I'd be seeing the refund on my card and he wasn't lying.
Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope. Same dealership. Salesman told me I'd be seeing the refund on my card and he wasn't lying.
I also didn't need to make a down payment. I have bought vehicles from this dealership in the past.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have 4 RSVP's all each at a different dealer around the country. All 4 got moved to different dealers and the refund came from their respective dealers.

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ah, maybe your dealership specifically refunded you. It’s definitely not part of the “standard” process based on everyone’s experience here on the forum

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I also didn't need to make a down payment. I have bought vehicles from this dealership in the past.
I didn't have to put down a down payment either. I did just buy a brand new 2020 F-150 from them, but I'm pretty sure the real driver is that they were upfront that any customer cancellations would end up on the lot with a 5-10k markup. ;)

My dealer doesn't even have the initial $100 beacuse I switched dealers after my first dealer refused to communicate.

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no Ford funny busines here. My deposit was refunded in 48 hours when I changed dealers. The deposit is not an added fee to the order process, it is paid directly to the dealer your order is with. If they dont reflect it in your sale that is on them.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn't have to put down a down payment either. I did just buy a brand new 2020 F-150 from them, but I'm pretty sure the real driver is that they were upfront that any customer cancellations would end up on the lot with a 5-10k markup. ;)

My dealer doesn't even have the initial $100 beacuse I switched dealers after my first dealer refused to communicate.
I brought a printout of my build and price after mulling it over for days. After taking off the lease fee, it came out $700 less than my b&p.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I reserved, I got an email from Ford. At the bottom of the email it says this:

This email will serve as your receipt and invoice for your reservation and deposit.​

I had to put a $1000 down to order. I expect $1100 will be taken off of the cost when I sit down to pay. Although, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if I had to remind them.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is absolutely supposed to be credited toward the purchase or refunded at your request.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I brought a printout of my build and price after mulling it over for days. After taking off the lease fee, it came out $700 less than my b&p.
I didn't even set foot in the dealership. I printed my build as a PDF and emailed it to the sales manager. Dealership texted back a copy of the DORA. Dealership knows I'm paying cash, and so removed the lease fee and the headliner also showed up as discounted to zero.

Sponsored

Crazycactus

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F250, 1993 Bronco XLT, 2013 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ah, maybe your dealership specifically refunded you. It’s definitely not part of the “standard” process based on everyone’s experience here on the forum
I am at the same dealership as Butzy and was refunded my 2 deposits at order conversion with no additional down payment needed on either order.

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am at the same dealership as Butzy and was refunded my 2 deposits at order conversion with no additional down payment needed on either order.
You two had an uncommon experience! In the USA, the only thing that automatically results in a refund was dealership change. Lucky peeps!