First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Always see off roaders and pavement princesses. Where’s the farm/ranch trucks? If you watch the original launch video from 66, you’ll see a variety of applications for the bronco. One application was use in agriculture. This purpose hasn’t been advertised in the 6G but despite not having a PTO I decided to see what I can do.

I ordered a 2 door black diamond for the washout interior and bash plates. To keep it simple I just paired the inline 4 with an automatic (we use one tons for towing and I just didn’t want to mess with a manual). The steel wheels looked good (plus a bit of nostalgia) so no need for Sasquatch either. Ranchhand doesn’t offer a brush guard so I went for an ARB paired with a smittybilt rated at 10k. Rear seats stay down but may delete. She’s pulled out anything that’s been stuck or dead and has hauled feed. Even serves as a calf ambulance time to time. When it warms up we’ll pull the doors and top and see how roping and fencing go.

738A7309-5621-436A-ADDB-AB1B8386CB0E.jpeg

36AEFDC0-39A1-4118-9A2A-A2A10B2F55CB.jpeg

FAB67B6B-54A5-46D5-B289-5297FB76849E.jpeg

That's a nice looking BD!

That said, I don't see a point to using a Bronco for your application. A Ranger can do everything our Bronco can do and then some. For example there's no way you can get more utility from our trunk than a proper truck bed.

Hate it or love it, these are convertible SUV's now. Sure there's some guys who love rock crawling, but the long term success of the wrangler, and now the bronco, is for suburbanites.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Oldred57

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's a nice looking BD!

That said, I don't see a point to using a Bronco for your application. A Ranger can do everything our Bronco can do and then some. For example there's no way you can get more utility from our trunk than a proper truck bed.

Hate it or love it, these are convertible SUV's now. Sure there's some guys who love rock crawling, but the long term success of the wrangler, and now the bronco, is for suburbanites.
Apples and oranges bud 😂 our F350s take care of the truck stuff.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Apples and oranges bud 😂 our F350s take care of the truck stuff.
Doesn’t change the fact you could sub a Ranger in for all of your photos. Although I’m sure your TikTok views would take a hit 😉

OP
OP
Oldred57

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Doesn’t change the fact you could sub a Ranger in for all of your photos. Although I’m sure your TikTok views would take a hit 😉
I actually did look at a ranger before bronco launched. It just really came down to no real purpose for it. 2 door bronco could get into tighter spaces and more capable in the back country and the rangers payload and bed length wasn’t adequate. Plus the open top and doors make it easier to do various task as opposed to climbing in and out of the bed/cab. I haven’t tried roping from it yet but hopefully that’ll go smoothly. I’ll update in the summer. Hopefully I won’t have any more calf rescues but the washout interior came through.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I actually did look at a ranger before bronco launched. It just really came down to no real purpose for it. 2 door bronco could get into tighter spaces and more capable in the back country and the rangers payload and bed length wasn’t adequate. Plus the open top and doors make it easier to do various task as opposed to climbing in and out of the bed/cab. I haven’t tried roping from it yet but hopefully that’ll go smoothly. I’ll update in the summer. Hopefully I won’t have any more calf rescues but the washout interior came through.
I’m happy it works for you, I was playing devils advocate for the hell of it 😂

Looking forward to seeing an update later this year.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Oldred57

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m happy it works for you, I was playing devils advocate for the hell of it 😂

Looking forward to seeing an update later this year.
lol you’re good man. You’d be amazed how many people think this is our main vehicle though and say “why not a truck?” In all seriousness. Like yea, I pull a gooseneck loaded with cattle with it😂

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah. Farmies.

Back in the day, my equestrianne girlfriend continued with her frequent surprises and brought home an effing pony in my 1971 Bronco. Tethered to the roll bar.

Yes, it crapped on the floor. She was lucky it didn't kick her in the head while driving down the dirt road.

Life lessons...

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah. Farmies.

Back in the day, my equestrianne girlfriend continued with her frequent surprises and brought home an effing pony in my 1971 Bronco. Tethered to the roll bar.

Yes, it crapped on the floor. She was lucky it didn't kick her in the head while driving down the dirt road.

Life lessons...Part of the reason I'm so intrigued by Beth on Yellowstone.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Fastest way to destroy a bronco.......Farm duty. ;)

OP
OP
Oldred57

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ah. Farmies.

Life lessons...
Horse girls are another breed 😂😂😂

Sponsored

Inigo Montoya

Badlands
First Name
Inigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That rig come with a pair of matching Ariats?

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife needed to use my Super Duty last fall while I was trying to get my fencing done. So I took the Bronco out and fenced with it. The cows came over and checked it out while I was working. It worked great.