Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where’s the confusion?
Just bustin your chops, but ARB is about as ubiquitous as it gets when it comes to off road/overlanding gear. Once upon a time, if you wanted a selectable locker at all, ARB was literally the only game in town. Almost the same could be said when it came to winch bumpers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Oldred57

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just bustin your chops, but ARB is about as ubiquitous as it gets when it comes to off road/overlanding gear. Once upon a time, if you wanted a selectable locker at all, ARB was literally the only game in town. Almost the same could be said when it came to winch bumpers.
lol fair enough, I thought I said something wrong 😂 I mainly deal with farm stuff so the off-road scene is still strange. I had 2 f series broncos but used gear like Westin. I have learned quite a bit about ARB though and quiet an interesting story and history. I’m definitely a fan and when they replaced the plugs free of charge I’m a loyal customer.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My friend father had a scout that was super handy around our place years ago. Somewhat influential by that.
Yeah a while back, I was looking at some of the literature and offerings for those older type of utility vehicles (Scout/CJ/Land Rover. Some wild stuff was available, at least for this day and age. Especially with the PTOs available back then.

Even around my house though, I'm sometimes using my 4x4s to push/pull things. My CJ front bumper is used as a steady "table" to clamp wood and metal for sawing/drilling. That's a reason I'm big on having decent useful bumpers.

Ford Bronco Using the Bronco the way they (somewhat) intended in ‘66 -- farm, ranch, agriculture 1676494719380

Seattle67

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M550i, 2022 4D Wildtrak, 2023 2D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I actually used my Bronco this week with a hitch mounted rotary spreader to get de-icer on my road for the HOA. Put it in trail crawl mode around 1.5MPH on the icy roads - it worked great up and down the hill.

Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always see off roaders and pavement princesses. Where’s the farm/ranch trucks? If you watch the original launch video from 66, you’ll see a variety of applications for the bronco. One application was use in agriculture. This purpose hasn’t been advertised in the 6G but despite not having a PTO I decided to see what I can do.

I ordered a 2 door black diamond for the washout interior and bash plates. To keep it simple I just paired the inline 4 with an automatic (we use one tons for towing and I just didn’t want to mess with a manual). The steel wheels looked good (plus a bit of nostalgia) so no need for Sasquatch either. Ranchhand doesn’t offer a brush guard so I went for an ARB paired with a smittybilt rated at 10k. Rear seats stay down but may delete. She’s pulled out anything that’s been stuck or dead and has hauled feed. Even serves as a calf ambulance time to time. When it warms up we’ll pull the doors and top and see how roping and fencing go.

Ford Bronco Using the Bronco the way they (somewhat) intended in ‘66 -- farm, ranch, agriculture 1676495366811

Ford Bronco Using the Bronco the way they (somewhat) intended in ‘66 -- farm, ranch, agriculture 1676495366811

Our family had a 66 Bronco with PTO on the farm in Virginia when I was a kid.

That Bronco did about everything for us utility wise. From plowing roads to mowing fields.

Wimbledon White Wagon. Fun vehicle!

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always see off roaders and pavement princesses. Where’s the farm/ranch trucks?
Our Bronco has cleared fence row, hauled approximately 125 80lb bags of concrete, all the material to build our fence, a couple trips to the scrap yard and chicken feed. No cows here!
Ford Bronco Using the Bronco the way they (somewhat) intended in ‘66 -- farm, ranch, agriculture PXL_20221118_210132083.MP
Ford Bronco Using the Bronco the way they (somewhat) intended in ‘66 -- farm, ranch, agriculture PXL_20220630_165709442
Ford Bronco Using the Bronco the way they (somewhat) intended in ‘66 -- farm, ranch, agriculture PXL_20221210_202557284.MP

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Always see off roaders and pavement princesses. Where’s the farm/ranch trucks? If you watch the original launch video from 66, you’ll see a variety of applications for the bronco. One application was use in agriculture. This purpose hasn’t been advertised in the 6G but despite not having a PTO I decided to see what I can do.

I ordered a 2 door black diamond for the washout interior and bash plates. To keep it simple I just paired the inline 4 with an automatic (we use one tons for towing and I just didn’t want to mess with a manual). The steel wheels looked good (plus a bit of nostalgia) so no need for Sasquatch either. Ranchhand doesn’t offer a brush guard so I went for an ARB paired with a smittybilt rated at 10k. Rear seats stay down but may delete. She’s pulled out anything that’s been stuck or dead and has hauled feed. Even serves as a calf ambulance time to time. When it warms up we’ll pull the doors and top and see how roping and fencing go.

Ford Bronco Using the Bronco the way they (somewhat) intended in ‘66 -- farm, ranch, agriculture PXL_20221210_202557284.MP

I want to see that thing in the summer when you take the top and doors off. Especially if you throw some livestock in the back.

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is the ARB Summit bumper on the Bronco, I have one on my Ranger and love it and thinking about putting one on the Bronco as well. How much lift did you lose with the weight?

Sponsored

lando88

Outer Banks
First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What kind of bumper/brush guard are you running OP??

OP
OP
Oldred57

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your TikTok videos
Ah. Well I’m not worried about it. Guess every post has that one dude who gets off track. Thanks for clearing it up, I wasn’t sure what he was talking about.