Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Valkyrie Offroad....
What can you say 🤷
Not every new product launch goes to plan! Some of you probably already know the back story...
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/valkyrie-roof-racks-important-announcement.46278/

All is not lost, however. This week, Valkyrie expedited me their newly redesigned prototype components to install and test. I'm sure we'll see the new design rack back on sale shortly.
THAT video, comparing the old and new parts is right around the corner! You'll won't wanna miss it.

However...ALL of my summer trips so far this year have been cancelled because of this Roofrack! Hopefully that's about to change...
Check out this video on the build and install of V1.0
Sponsored

Valkyrie Off Road

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
valkyrieoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like a drastic increase in thickness all around. Has the packaging issue been addressed?

We have changed the packaging to a thicker box and using a different style of box as well, so shipping issue should be completely eliminated now. WuNgUn can tell you from personal experience though.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have changed the packaging to a thicker box and using a different style of box as well, so shipping issue should be completely eliminated now. WuNgUn can tell you from personal experience though.
I was hoping for an unboxing video! The comparison video did a good job of selling design improvements.

You should make a simple rack for skis and snowboards before winter hits. I absolutely hate hitch mounted accessories with SUV(swing gates).

Sponsored

Valkyrie Off Road

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
valkyrieoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was hoping for an unboxing video! The comparison video did a good job of selling design improvements.

You should make a simple rack for skis and snowboards before winter hits. I absolutely hate hitch mounted accessories with SUV(swing gates).
Our half rack or cross bar setup is perfect for ski's snowboards!

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Looks like a drastic increase in thickness all around. Has the packaging issue been addressed?
This is correct... There was no issue with this delivery. The box is double wall corrugated, and all the long components had a good amount of bubble wrap envelope material taped at each end to "Center" it away from the outside and prevent them from rattling around.
Same goes with the hardware and brackets... All wrapped and taped in bubble mailer packaging.
👍

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Our half rack or cross bar setup is perfect for ski's snowboards!
What is the weight capacity (static and dynamic) of your crossbar setup? I will not be using the optional pax mounts that attach under the hardtop only the crossbars that go in the hardtop slots. Thanks!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@WuNgUn what's your feeling on this rack now that you've had it for a while?

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@WuNgUn what's your feeling on this rack now that you've had it for a while?
Well, it took a long time to iron out all the wrinkles. Valkyrie has great customer service, but they need to pay more attention to the process...
Check out my year end vid where I discuss it more.

Right now, I'm pleased it. Very solid.

Oaklandoverland

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Watched some of your videos as I debated racks. I ordered one which came months before my Bronco did, Valkyrie seems short staffed and not super helpful. I was shorted some bolts, after a few days Corey responded that it was out of the "30 day warranty" and I would have to pay shipping. Told him sure, send me a bill. And heard nothing back.

Anyways - rack looks great, but getting some squeaking with my Autohome tent. Put it on foam blocks which helped a lot, but getting squeaking from up front - I believe at the front mounts. Have you had any noise issues? Mine is a 4 door, might make a bit of a difference, IDK. At this point I'm wishing I bought the factory rack and just bought their rear single bar. Just now trying to figure out how to get rid of squeaks. Might also have to do with one stripped out factory bolt up front. Was cross threaded a bit from the factory, and going on it all went sideways. Holding OK now, but may be al ittle play.

Your videos have me missing Canada. From Vancouver but spend a lot of time in your neck of the woods. Moved to California 20 years ago.

Anyways - advice on the noise issue would be awesome. :)
Sponsored