Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is not a Starlink / @ZROADZOFFICIAL roof rack installation video, I suck at trying to make those. I did want to show this since I haven't seen anyone else do it. I headed to Baja, Mexico in a few days and will travel with about 12 other broncos down Baja trail for 6 days. Expedition X Offroad is a GREAT company to plan a trip like this and would go with NO OTHER GUYS, they take care of you! But the cell service (aka data service) was terrible for me last time and I wanted to be able to contact my family and maybe even livestream some of our trip, so this is what I came up with. If you have any question fee free to ask.

Sponsored

SaraB

Badlands
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Sandpoint, ID when not traveling the globe
Vehicle(s)
42' Sailboat -> Sprinter Van Conversion -> Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video! I just got back from Baja last week and I did see a decent amount of vans with Starlink, so I’m assuming it works well down there. I’ve been traveling around Baja off and on for the past seven years and started out using a Garmin InReach. That option worked well for staying in contact while sailing our boat offshore in addition to traveling on land. About four years ago we switched to Google Fi for our phones and data. That has worked great for the more populated areas. I do still keep the InReach as a satellite communication option in remote areas. We added Starlink to our Sprinter van last year and have been very happy with it also. I’ve used it while traveling in the states but haven’t tried it in Mexico yet so I’m interested to see how it works for you. I did see a few Broncos while I was down there and can’t wait to take mine down there! I’ll be watching for updates on how your setup works. My plan is to transition from the van as my main adventure mobile to the Bronco. I’m ready to give up little of the comfort for a more agile ride.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to install the zroads rack on my soft top today. So it was nice to see someone else on 6g with one also. Any tips, tricks, or problem areas?
Sponsored