First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Velocity Blue is definitely something you should see in person. In photos, it always looks great. In person it has much more teal/turquoise that doesn't resonate with me.
Lighting....amount, source, angle.....is always going to effect how a color appears.

But Bronco offerings really take the cake for how much they change appearance; I'm looking at you VB, Rapid Red, Cyber mustard, AMBlack, Cactus Concrete, & 51

Race Red, Black/White, Carbonized & Iconic stay honest
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd agree with that.
I've seen VB in person on 4 different ford products and it just looked like some cheap metallic blue you could get on a Hyundai Accent or a Toyota Corolla.

I was really hoping it would look more like Jeep's Bikini Pearl, one of my all-time favorites.
Forum members tremor . Looks fkn incredible!
Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Bronco Photos - 2 Door Body Shell 1608159115651

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'd agree with that.
I've seen VB in person on 4 different ford products and it just looked like some cheap metallic blue you could get on a Hyundai Accent or a Toyota Corolla.

I was really hoping it would look more like Jeep's Bikini Pearl, one of my all-time favorites.
While I agree with you completely on VB (we own LB on our Ranger), I had to google search "pearl necklace" and there were no pictures of any Jeeps. Definitely do not recommend looking that up at work.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I used to like wearing them, too!

...before I had two kids??

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While I agree with you completely on VB (we own LB on our Ranger), I had to google search "pearl necklace" and there were no pictures of any Jeeps. Definitely do not recommend looking that up at work.
Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Bronco Photos - 2 Door Body Shell 20201216_161204

I'm guessing this isn't what your Google search called up. ?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Forum members tremor . Looks fkn incredible!
Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Bronco Photos - 2 Door Body Shell 20201216_161204
Is THAT Velocity? Because that is nothing like the Velocity Blue vehicles at my Ford Dealer!

AZbronco1

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
This was taken with iPhone 8 on the shady side of a dealership (not Granger, they don’t have a shady side- just sucking up to maybe better my spot!).

I didn’t see any metallic flake. Still the paint under the clear coat had a texture to it that somehow gave it some depth.

Looks like it would go with a white top and maybe a very modest decal/stripe

Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Bronco Photos - 2 Door Body Shell 5F57AEAB-D9B5-4F05-9FBC-1A96DCEE5712

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If any of y'all have decent photoshop skills, I'd love see Sasquatch wheels and tires pasted below the body
Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Bronco Photos - 2 Door Body Shell 5F57AEAB-D9B5-4F05-9FBC-1A96DCEE5712
I‘m gonna try, unless someone beats me too it.

Sponsored

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks so much for sharing! Great photos. This solidifies my choice of VB over AMB. VB, while slightly lighter than I'd prefer (I have a lightning blue Escape), at least looks blue in both sun and shade. AMB can't decide if it's blue, black, or purple., and doesn't seem to coordinate well with the black fenders, mirrors, and gray MIC.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This was taken with iPhone 8 on the shady side of a dealership (not Granger, they don’t have a shady side- just sucking up to maybe better my spot!).

I didn’t see any metallic flake. Still the paint under the clear coat had a texture to it that somehow gave it some depth.

Looks like it would go with a white top and maybe a very modest decal/stripe

5F57AEAB-D9B5-4F05-9FBC-1A96DCEE5712.jpeg
Some great LB/VB comparison pics have been posted before. LB also has the depth of character to really pop in low-light situations where VB is just what it is.

Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Bronco Photos - 2 Door Body Shell Screenshot_20180714-191815_Instagram

Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Bronco Photos - 2 Door Body Shell comparison 2

A friends GT350 is in this configuration with the white stripes. Would look amazing in LB! As-is with VB LB, the color is just a touch too bright, IMHO, to really look fantastic with the white accent color (roof in the case of Bronco).

Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Bronco Photos - 2 Door Body Shell Velocity-Blue-Mustang1

Last edited:

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A couple colleagues and I take a 15-20 minute walk in the morning. Today we were all wearing scarves and gloves and thick coats. Check today's Temps in Tucson and feel free to make fun of us.
Sponsored