Sponsored

Very impressed with mishimotos cai short review and initial impressions.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

any more turbo noises? :cool::D
There shouldn't be any turbo noises. When I had turbo noises, I took it to the dealer and we found a loose exhaust hose. When it was reconnected, all turbo noises went away.
Sponsored

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before I begin this lil post I am not endorsed by @Mishimoto in any way. My experience with CAI and the installation goes back to my 14 jku with a K&N.

I preordered their cai for my 2.7 around Sept 16th. Last week I got a shipping notification. Odd. Figured that it had to be the color windshield didn’t get hopes up. But a giant box was delivered way in advance of the November ship date on their post. SWEET! If you’re on the fence with ordering this. Read on:

packaging build quality: everything was nice and orderly. And the build is amazing on this. My major complaint with current cai's on market now are the price compared to what you get. K&N you get a new housing (I think intake pipe also) rousch you get a lid, filter and a +20hp sticker (side note: eff them) that to me I feel like is not money well spent. Mishimotos kit felt/is quality, like my money is well spent
81240A4D-5CEB-4111-9AE9-9AF1B724B0AA.jpeg
Directions: no printed directions!? On the site it’s listed by the links (thank god). They do a decent job at explaining what you need to do. Me not being a car dude I had to reread a couple of times and verify.

disassembly of stock cai: straight forward. It was a little nerve wreaking for me seeing an exposed turbo and charge pipes gone.

Installing new cai: it was fairly straightforward just had to read the directions and verify with their pictures. It was literally a couple bolts and 5 worm rings or whatever you call um. The install took maybe an hour? If that.

First ride/impressions: who knows. I drive 35 min to work I can’t say I’ve noticed the +7.5hp and 7.4 TQ that they claim. I did notice my awe exhaust tone is more noticeable mid cabin than rear passenger. I would have liked my intake window to be brushed aluminum as opposed to black. I’m not particularly fond of orange or blue. But that’s cool they threw that in as a preorder bonus (if you order and these colors and are no longer available I’ll gladly send you one). Comparing stock to the aftermarket holey shît this thing is massive. I think the stock intake filter was around 6 deep by 3.5/4 diameter in a small box. Going to idk, mishimotos filter could eat the stock filter.
D8B00364-98E9-42A4-8E60-7B1C093BCE11.jpeg

you can see the size on the intake pipe compared to the charge pipe which the oem pipe was roughly the same size. MOAR AIR!

So if you’re on the fence if you wanna get a cai 🤷‍♂️ I’m not sure if it does anything. But if you want one go with mishimoto. You will feel like your cash actually went to good use…. Looking at you rousch.
Question: what filter did you select and why? The dry or the oiled washable?

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed this CAI yesterday and just like the OP stated, it is a good quality unit, well packaged, great fit and fairly straightforward to install. Initial impressions are my Bronco is more responsive (even with the Panda tune). The exhaust note with my AWE also got louder. Not as loud as say a low flow down pipe but close. Very pleased and satisfied with Mishimoto's CAI. Also I opted for the dry filter based on 20+ years experience with both. One of the reasons I stayed away from the K&N CAI was a previous bad experience contaminating MAFs with oiled units.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Installed this CAI yesterday and just like the OP stated, it is a good quality unit, well packaged, great fit and fairly straightforward to install. Initial impressions are my Bronco is more responsive (even with the Panda tune). The exhaust note with my AWE also got louder. Not as loud as say a low flow down pipe but close. Very pleased and satisfied with Mishimoto's CAI. Also I opted for the dry filter based on 20+ years experience with both. One of the reasons I stayed away from the K&N CAI was a previous bad experience contaminating MAFs with oiled units.

Would you say it's pleasantly louder or more obnoxious louder? There is a sweet spot for the sound out of the AWE, and probably all the other aftermarket exhausts. If you floor it, does it sound like an angry lion but move like a hippo? The higher pitched scream out of the AWE at WOT is my only gripe.

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just installed the Mishimoto CAI today, really easy install. I’m more of a printed instruction type but went smooth. Very high quality. The wife’s truck is black so both bezels were left off. I’ll ask her in a few days what she thinks. I never drive the truck. Can’t wait for the IC pipe kit. I did find oil in the IC pipe. Catch can here we come!!! 👍👍 definitely worth the cash.
if you have the 2.7 run the @Mishimoto dual catch can kit since there are 2 heads and not one like the 2.3

Sponsored

Jersey250

Base
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Already ordered, their shipping takes some time not sure why.

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you say it's pleasantly louder or more obnoxious louder? There is a sweet spot for the sound out of the AWE, and probably all the other aftermarket exhausts. If you floor it, does it sound like an angry lion but move like a hippo? The higher pitched scream out of the AWE at WOT is my only gripe.
For me it is pleasantly louder. I'm not noticing the high pitched scream you're describing but will listen for it next time I'm driving. I only have about 250 miles on the tune and AWE exhaust so expecting the sound to change a little bit with more miles. This setup definitely wakes up the 2.7 Ecoboost and scoots quite nicely.

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before I begin this lil post I am not endorsed by @Mishimoto in any way. My experience with CAI and the installation goes back to my 14 jku with a K&N.

I preordered their cai for my 2.7 around Sept 16th. Last week I got a shipping notification. Odd. Figured that it had to be the color windshield didn’t get hopes up. But a giant box was delivered way in advance of the November ship date on their post. SWEET! If you’re on the fence with ordering this. Read on:

packaging build quality: everything was nice and orderly. And the build is amazing on this. My major complaint with current cai's on market now are the price compared to what you get. K&N you get a new housing (I think intake pipe also) rousch you get a lid, filter and a +20hp sticker (side note: eff them) that to me I feel like is not money well spent. Mishimotos kit felt/is quality, like my money is well spent
81240A4D-5CEB-4111-9AE9-9AF1B724B0AA.jpeg
Directions: no printed directions!? On the site it’s listed by the links (thank god). They do a decent job at explaining what you need to do. Me not being a car dude I had to reread a couple of times and verify.

disassembly of stock cai: straight forward. It was a little nerve wreaking for me seeing an exposed turbo and charge pipes gone.

Installing new cai: it was fairly straightforward just had to read the directions and verify with their pictures. It was literally a couple bolts and 5 worm rings or whatever you call um. The install took maybe an hour? If that.

First ride/impressions: who knows. I drive 35 min to work I can’t say I’ve noticed the +7.5hp and 7.4 TQ that they claim. I did notice my awe exhaust tone is more noticeable mid cabin than rear passenger. I would have liked my intake window to be brushed aluminum as opposed to black. I’m not particularly fond of orange or blue. But that’s cool they threw that in as a preorder bonus (if you order and these colors and are no longer available I’ll gladly send you one). Comparing stock to the aftermarket holey shît this thing is massive. I think the stock intake filter was around 6 deep by 3.5/4 diameter in a small box. Going to idk, mishimotos filter could eat the stock filter.
D8B00364-98E9-42A4-8E60-7B1C093BCE11.jpeg

you can see the size on the intake pipe compared to the charge pipe which the oem pipe was roughly the same size. MOAR AIR!

So if you’re on the fence if you wanna get a cai 🤷‍♂️ I’m not sure if it does anything. But if you want one go with mishimoto. You will feel like your cash actually went to good use…. Looking at you rousch.
Great write-up. I am about to pull the trigger on this, but I have my ARB compressor mounted directly behind, and I am not sure if it will fit. Any chance you would be kind enough to take a picture of the passenger rear area of it to help me out?

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There shouldn't be any turbo noises. When I had turbo noises, I took it to the dealer and we found a loose exhaust hose. When it was reconnected, all turbo noises went away.
Our intakes will add some extra turbo noise to the soundtrack. There's a good amount of noise reduction that Ford incorporated that we opted to forego in our design for a more aggressive tone

That is a GREAT question, and we actually have a quick blog post that explains just that:

Air Filters - Oiled vs. Dry

Essentially, dry filters are a better option for dusty environments. Oiled filters rely on the tackiness of the oil to block particulate from entering the intake system, so in the desert, these filters could clog up and require much more maintenance that usual. Our dry filters can be simply washed to reclaim airflow.

Great write-up. I am about to pull the trigger on this, but I have my ARB compressor mounted directly behind, and I am not sure if it will fit. Any chance you would be kind enough to take a picture of the passenger rear area of it to help me out?
I can snag a photo for you tomorrow!

-Nick

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our intakes will add some extra turbo noise to the soundtrack. There's a good amount of noise reduction that Ford incorporated that we opted to forego in our design for a more aggressive tone

That is a GREAT question, and we actually have a quick blog post that explains just that:

Air Filters - Oiled vs. Dry

Essentially, dry filters are a better option for dusty environments. Oiled filters rely on the tackiness of the oil to block particulate from entering the intake system, so in the desert, these filters could clog up and require much more maintenance that usual. Our dry filters can be simply washed to reclaim airflow.

I can snag a photo for you tomorrow!

-Nick
Aha. Sorry I was interpreting the post as asking if there was a reduction in turbo noise. My bad!

Sponsored
OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Absolutely!
I have a rough idea on the arb mount. So i hope this helps
Ford Bronco Very impressed with mishimotos cai short review and initial impressions. 56BD67DB-4585-447E-816D-1468FA729963
Ford Bronco Very impressed with mishimotos cai short review and initial impressions. 1F5744C2-6E02-499E-96AF-3C33BA87D8A4
Ford Bronco Very impressed with mishimotos cai short review and initial impressions. 28D94EDC-4D08-48D5-84EF-A477EEE8256E
Ford Bronco Very impressed with mishimotos cai short review and initial impressions. E87C9A65-E247-4FD0-8DEB-AA793A7AC2E4

The last pic I put the tip of my tape to the frame. Lmk if you need better pics

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went with oil cuz unfortunately my car will see more malls than trails

Thart89

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They make outstanding products. Got their dual catch can since I was/am increasing every bit of performance I can. I've added the axel back exhaust from Fast Intentions and will dyno it in a week or so. Then adding new air intake. I've narrowed it down to K&N or Mishimoto. Also looking at Whipple or Mishimoto intercoolers before finally doing a whipple tune. Glad to hear you like the Mishimoto CAI. Not much in the way of actual user feedback....
Any update on how you like the fast intentions? Sound compared to stock? Noticeable improvements?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any update on how you like the fast intentions? Sound compared to stock? Noticeable improvements?
Have to find time to get it on the dyno to compare with stock before other up grades... But I'm am extremely satisfied with the sound. It's not obnoxious and has just a bit more throated sound than stock. In sport it sounds much more spirited. The butt dyno says it has much more pep, but haven't confirmed yet. I also love the way it tucks completely above the bumper.
Sponsored