Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats me thanks for the uptick :),I have a couple more vids cooking up
Agree with the earlier comment about "Bad top comp." written on the window. Inspection confirmed the top was bad. Came from the factory that way? Why?
Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree with the earlier comment about "Bad top comp." written on the window. Inspection confirmed the top was bad. Came from the factory that way? Why?
I'm just happy to have it so I can start doing stuff with it,the top was mostly cosmetic haven't noticed any leaks and i've put 1100km on so far.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm just happy to have it so I can start doing stuff with it,the top was mostly cosmetic haven't noticed any leaks and i've put 1100km on so far.
Yeah, no doubt you're happy to have it! My comment was more about Ford knowing that the top was bad and shipping it anyway. Gotta wonder who made that decision and why.

With the rough, unfinished edges, do you think you'll be able to get it replaced under warranty, even if you don't have any "problems" with it, like leaks or delamination? More importantly, do you think non-Ford employee customers will? Just curious if it's worth getting "bad" tops with some assurance that they will be replaced.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm on holidays right now but when I get back will be on the line with engineering for sure,will keep everyone updated here.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think Ford is at the point where many Broncos are going to be finish on warranty. The bean counters came in and said ship. Some people will complain, but still purchase their order, hoping for a warranty fix, others will refuse and the dealer gets a vehicle to sell, and still some with just say f-it I got a vehicle I don't care.....

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think Ford is at the point where many Broncos are going to be finish on warranty. The bean counters came in and said ship. Some people will complain, but still purchase their order, hoping for a warranty fix, others will refuse and the dealer gets a vehicle to sell, and still some with just say f-it I got a vehicle I don't care.....
And I'm sure the trucks won't be delivered to the customers with an explicit note that says, "Hey, we know that top of this truck is defective, but know that we will proactively be replacing it when new tops that meet our standards are manufactured. We will contact you when that time comes."

Probably more like, let's send these out and only address the ones that get complaints and hope for the best.
Sponsored