Sponsored

Vinyl wrap on your Bronco - experiences / price?

wade65

Badlands
First Name
Wade Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 1965 Mercury Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was quoted $6k in Los Angeles. Not particularly worth it for me, but I get why people do it. Great protection and looks, but if I still have it in 10 years I will just get it painted.
Sponsored

bronco100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wrapped my own (Vvivid Ultra Gloss Smurf Blue) but it was ALOT of work and took ALOT of patience. Would not recommend the self wrap route. Before I took on the task I was quoted between $3500-4000 here in DFW.

1675799055820.png

Another local forum member just had his wrapped two-toned with great results.

Here is another thread dedicated to wraps.
How much wrap material did you use? Need to know if I want to order some.

Also wouldn't it be fairly easy overall since the panels are so flat? What parts of it were so challenging?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much wrap material did you use? Need to know if I want to order some.

Also wouldn't it be fairly easy overall since the panels are so flat? What parts of it were so challenging?
Most vinyl for cars will come in a 5' x 50' roll which is plenty for the Bronco.

The hardest sections to get to lay evenly with no fingers are the compound curve above the tail lights, fender near the trail sights and the upper a-pillar. Seems I would spend more time on those little areas than a full door panel. Edge returns can be tricky as well, especially the front of the rear door. The door panels were easy but I should have spent some more time on heating and stretching the crease areas as they now show some bubbles and separation.

Trim removal was easy but re-installing the door handles is a pain and thankfully I found a how to YouTube video.

If you are going to tackle it yourself, watch hours of videos to learn all you can. Have a well lit and clean work area as the smallest bit of dirt or stray hair will show behind the vinyl. And plan on putting in a hard 3 days work where you won't be able to drive your Bronco.

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had mine partially wrapped - Decal on the back and on the hood. If I remember correctly, it was around $1k CDN (I think - maybe slightly more?). Obviously a full wrap would be much more, but I was really happy with how it turned out. It significantly improved the look (IMO).

Ford Bronco Vinyl wrap on your Bronco - experiences / price? IMG_8914

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had mine partially wrapped - Decal on the back and on the hood. If I remember correctly, it was around $1k CDN (I think - maybe slightly more?). Obviously a full wrap would be much more, but I was really happy with how it turned out. It significantly improved the look (IMO).

Ford Bronco Vinyl wrap on your Bronco - experiences / price? IMG_8914
Man, y'all are wreckin' my wallet... (That matte gray wrap looks GREAT, and the two tone too!)

@604Bronco at least gives me hope I can put it on the mud spatter parts with a snazzy design and escape not in the poor lane... Where did you get the design? Is it XPel?

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, y'all are wreckin' my wallet... (That matte gray wrap looks GREAT, and the two tone too!)

@604Bronco at least gives me hope I can put it on the mud spatter parts with a snazzy design and escape not in the poor lane... Where did you get the design? Is it XPel?
I'm not sure specifically what kind of vinyl it is - I know it's 3M and I think it's just a matte black. Not too knowledgable on the difference vinyl types, sorry. I got the design and had a local wrap shop print it off and install it for me. It also has a great warranty - I had one small corner start to peel (it was like that from day one, but just left it for a while). They replaced it - No questions asked.

Dorzoff

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Carbonized Gray was not my first choice either, but I have actually grown to like it quite a bit.
I know that does not answer your question, but thought I'd put it out there.
I'm considering doing a matte PPF so it will make it a matte gray.
And in the little research I've done, I'll agree with @rtazz17 on his estimate.
Keep in mind wraps only last a few years befoe replacing. Or you’ll peel it off in little pieces forever.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep in mind wraps only last a few years befoe replacing. Or you’ll peel it off in little pieces forever.
I'm sure it depends on the quality of a wrap you get - I think mine had a 6 or 10 year life on it, which I was happy with. Another thing to consider is the sun fade under it - Not an issue for a fully wrap vehicle, but for mine (which is a partial wrap) something I need to be aware of.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure it depends on the quality of a wrap you get - I think mine had a 6 or 10 year life on it, which I was happy with. Another thing to consider is the sun fade under it - Not an issue for a fully wrap vehicle, but for mine (which is a partial wrap) something I need to be aware of.
Oh yeah, good point. Uhh, why can't it be easy, cheap and over with! lol :whistle:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stand corrected - I just found the receipt, and it was a little over $800 CDN to get my wrap printed and installed (y)

Sponsored

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sounds worth it if the company is around then. EAWraps is Scottsdale is the best
Excellent point. With XPel, it's a nationwide warrenty so any certified dealer will fix it...at least that's what their paperwork says.

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guessing this all comes down to region and shop.
Here in Michigan, my guy did mine for about $3k
Door jambs and all.
Drive on up :)
Ford Bronco Vinyl wrap on your Bronco - experiences / price? Bronco Chase_FB