Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm waiting for the black mod top... and totally cool with however long it takes.

Ford, when you're ready buddy, I'll be here.

No worries.
That being said do I take my July reservation and wait or my oct reservation and save more money. There is a chance the top might come in at the same time for either order.
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was seriously considering dropping down to a Badlands and getting the soft top but now I hear from Ford that Bronco's bought with the soft top will not have the wiring and washer connection for the hard top.

From Bronco Nation:

Buckin' said:
I'll go with my old standby: will the electrical and washer connections for the hard top be included if only a soft top is ordered?
We confirmed with Ford yesterday that they will not be if only a soft top is ordered.
Which really blows since everyone bitching about Jeep doing the same damn thing.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was seriously considering dropping down to a Badlands and getting the soft top but now I hear from Ford that Bronco's bought with the soft top will not have the wiring and washer connection for the hard top.

From Bronco Nation:

Which really blows since everyone bitching about Jeep doing the same damn thing.
Yup might as well wait

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Love the MIC top in most color combos! It will not fade & it is different than every damn top on a Jeep! Just need to match the B pillar with it! Also I know every Tom, Dick & Harry are all about the black & white top which makes me like the Carb Gray top that much more and if you do any serious off roading, white tops suck!
I believe Jeep use to the Gray Hardtops. But nobody liked them, so they went all black. ?
a932a0ec5f170f36a5cf626305d7ea82.jpg

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That being said do I take my July reservation and wait or my oct reservation and save more money. There is a chance the top might come in at the same time for either order.
We are all having the same thought.
Its either get the Bronco earlier (with mic top) and get the black as an accessory later. Which would cost me a fortune

Or just be a patient person, and wait for its availability
I go back and forth but the smart part of me says just to wait

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are all having the same thought.
Its either get the Bronco earlier (with mic top) and get the black as an accessory later. Which would cost me a fortune

Or just be a patient person, and wait for its availability
I go back and forth but the smart part of me says just to wait
Yup even if it’s like 3 months it will hurt, but once you finally get it you will feel SO MUCH better. I just can’t handle that fugly grey top lol.

especially since I’m leaning towards cactus now it makes it look REALLY cheap lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup even if it’s like 3 months it will hurt, but once you finally get it you will feel SO MUCH better. I just can’t handle that fugly grey top lol.

especially since one leaning towards cactus now it makes it look REALLY cheap lol
If your vehicle comes out looking anywhere near the cgi render in your profile pic, you're in for quite the treat. Just bring a pack of tissues with you when you go to the dealer to pick it up ?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your vehicle comes out looking anywhere near the cgi render in your profile pic, you're in for quite the treat. Just bring a pack of tissues with you when you go to the dealer to pick it up ?
Yessir! I may go for an off white stormtrooper type vibe ??

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe Jeep use to the Gray Hardtops. But nobody liked them, so they went all black. ?
a932a0ec5f170f36a5cf626305d7ea82.jpg
that's a khaki top on the LJ. And the LJ was only produced 2004-2006.

TomD9807

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 / 2016 Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Originally was going OBX but I'm switching to WT... I am going to wait for the modular top!
7/13/2020 11:13pm

Sponsored

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I want to wait for black top but I’m on borrowed time in my Tacoma. Any idea how long it will be

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want to wait for black top but I’m on borrowed time in my Tacoma. Any idea how long it will be
It was already late availability, but likely even later now. With the whole world aware now that Webasto is holding things up, the heat lamp may be turned up high enough to get them to figure this mess out and get tops to Ford.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw a post on Twitter from Mike Levine..
I responded to the post with a question regarding the Black Modular Hardtop... I got a reply from a large Ford Dealer on twitter.. dont like the answer... don’t know if the answer given is accurate ... but it is not what some have been thinking...

Ford Bronco "Wait for black mod hard top" Crew ? EC4486AE-36C8-46B1-AF69-59FCCB165C82

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw a post on Twitter from Mike Levine..
I responded to the post with a question regarding the Black Modular Hardtop... I got a reply from a large Ford Dealer on twitter.. dont like the answer... don’t know if the answer given is accurate ... but it is not what some have been thinking...

EC4486AE-36C8-46B1-AF69-59FCCB165C82.jpeg
That "large Ford dealer" is wrong. We have seen countless times on these forums, that dealers don't know much more than the average Joe oddly enough. Don't take that answer seriously. We have heard different from people really in the know, who sit @ Ford HQ and get paid the real big bucks to make these decisions.

Honestly Levine should correct that guy to stop the spread of misinformation
Sponsored