Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just installed a Warn Evo 10-S Winch using the Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount.

All credit to @NorthShoreBronco for installing the kit with the RC Winch but I wanted to use the kit with the Warn Evo 10S.

Sponsored

Last edited:

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just installed a Warn Evo 10-S Winch using the Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount.

All credit to @NorthShoreBronco for installing the kit with the RC Winch but I wanted to use the kit with the Warn Evo 10S.

Nicely done! And thanks for the shout out! Nice clean video too. But you left out the part where the bumper falls in your face.... That's an important step...

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

NIce work! Your video brought back a lot of memories of when I did mine. I took the exact same route - "let's try the grinder - oh crap, this is too slow - get out the sawzall with a heavy duty metal blade and just be careful - then bring back the grinder for cleanup!"

I differed a bit as I remotely mounted the control unit and modified and re-used the skid plate, but love the Warn. It is fairly easy to rig up a mechanism to flip the clutch if you don't want to reach down there all the time - didn't see what you did for that, if anything. Anyway, love the green bronco- awesome!

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NIce work! Your video brought back a lot of memories of when I did mine. I took the exact same route - "let's try the grinder - oh crap, this is too slow - get out the sawzall with a heavy duty metal blade and just be careful - then bring back the grinder for cleanup!"

I differed a bit as I remotely mounted the control unit and modified and re-used the skid plate, but love the Warn. It is fairly easy to rig up a mechanism to flip the clutch if you don't want to reach down there all the time - didn't see what you did for that, if anything. Anyway, love the green bronco- awesome!
Ah yes, I have seen your post - helped inspire me to do mine!

Moving the control unit and adding the rod are both great ideas - I have the ARB twin unfortunately with the mount from 4x4truckleds and don't have room to put the box elsewhere.

I still need a solution for the clutch. Can I ask what you used at the bottom of the rod to attach to the handle of the switch?

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah yes, I have seen your post - helped inspire me to do mine!

Moving the control unit and adding the rod are both great ideas - I have the ARB twin unfortunately with the mount from 4x4truckleds and don't have room to put the box elsewhere.

I still need a solution for the clutch. Can I ask what you used at the bottom of the rod to attach to the handle of the switch?
Yeah - I had the room, so I was able to move it and liked having access to the wires, but with an IP68 waterproof rating, you certainly don't need to. I also wasn't sure it would fit, but you proved me wrong there! ;-)

You are going to laugh at what I used to attach to the clutch. I had actually bought an extra handle (wasted money) so I could modify it, but I ended up just bending some metal as a "cover" for it that I put at the end of an extension rod that I ran up through the cross bar (carefully) and put a corresponding handle on top. That metal 'cover' also has rubber in it to create a firm grip (and is restricted from vertically coming off by the flange coupling above and below the cross bar and the arm for the handle at the top. Hope this helps. Got inspiration from another guy on here (cannot remember name at the moment) who had a different winch but drilled through for an extension rod).

Ford Bronco Warn Hidden Winch - Rough Country Mount 1651157313139

Ford Bronco Warn Hidden Winch - Rough Country Mount IMG_7068

Ford Bronco Warn Hidden Winch - Rough Country Mount IMG_7067

Sponsored
OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info @mds5917. I will be looking to do something similar soon.

Probably overkill but I added a battery disconnect yesterday so that I don't have power running to the winch when it's not being used.

PXL_20220428_151939468.jpg

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Probably overkill but I added a battery disconnect yesterday so that I don't have power running to the winch when it's not being used.

Ford Bronco Warn Hidden Winch - Rough Country Mount PXL_20220428_151939468
You are quite welcome on the info - my pleasure. I like your kill switch. I talked to Warn about this and they were adamant about not using it, which I thought was odd.

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

need those tow hooks, where are they from? wonder if they are just standard they paint matched to eg or sold as that color..

Sponsored
OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TXArea51

Big Bend
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ford Bronco Warn Hidden Winch - Rough Country Mount PXL_20220428_151939468
What gauge wire are you using for the battery disconnect?

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got mine installed today. Boy, cutting off the frame extensions was a chore. Once I finished that, the rest seemed to fall into place pretty easily. Like everyone else, I had to go get a few extra bolts and washers for the new skid plate. I used the Badlands Apex winch from HF. Everything lined up great, except for the clutch handle. The way it’s oriented, you can’t rotate the handle between engaged and free spin due to the hose from the inter cooler. Also, the controller extension was completely different (different number of prongs) so will have to look into other extensions for the controller. It is wireless though, so will probably just use it that way for the most part.

Ford Bronco Warn Hidden Winch - Rough Country Mount AFBA53AF-7C69-4B16-A142-469F0223F5F4
Sponsored