First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I read that as well regarding the disconnect - but, I can’t see why it wouldn’t be a good thing…
Sponsored

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Installed the RC Hidden mount and Rugged Ridge 10k winch, in 95 degree heat, I couldn't wait. It took four hours not counting pre planning and post admiration. The hardest part was adapting the RC bash plate to work with my Blue Ox tow bar base. I also trimmed the stock plastic plate to fill in on the ends outside the RC. Really the easiest part was cutting the chunks off the frame. The Rugged Ridge is rated IP68 waterproof, most are IP67, it has a 5 yr warranty and has remote. The remote is nice cause no wires, but I'm old so wires might give me comfort. Not sure how it will work with the 2.7, shouldn't be different unless the trans cooler relocate causes issues. The solenoid box gets real close to the AC lines on the 2.3.
20220815_161536-jpg-jpg.jpg

20220818_163534-jpg-jpg.jpg

20220818_175324-jpg-jpg.jpg

20220818_193441-jpg-jpg.jpg

Clutch engagement tool and mount. I had to modify the 'hook' shown in photo to more of a 'U' to fit in my mounting location.
20220819_120934-jpg-jpg.jpg

20220819_155255-jpg-jpg.jpg

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zeon 10-S Platinum does not fit. Got everything I needed to install and relocate controls. Go to install and boom….doesn’t fit by 1/2”🤦‍♂️😤

Should have investigated dimensions instead of assuming. Fml 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

JimEaton

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 4-Dr, F-350 CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zeon 10-S Platinum does not fit. Got everything I needed to install and relocate controls. Go to install and boom….doesn’t fit by 1/2”🤦‍♂️😤

Should have investigated dimensions instead of assuming. Fml 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Which dimension doesn't it fit....height or width?

My Badlands is scheduled to be built next week, and I was looking at the hidden RC winch set-up. I currently have the Warn 12-S Platinum buried behind my rear bumper on my F-350 using a modified Swarfworks F-150 set-up. It would be ideal to go completely remote so there would be no need to manually engage the clutch.

Thanks

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which dimension doesn't it fit....height or width?

My Badlands is scheduled to be built next week, and I was looking at the hidden RC winch set-up. I currently have the Warn 12-S Platinum buried behind my rear bumper on my F-350 using a modified Swarfworks F-150 set-up. It would be ideal to go completely remote so there would be no need to manually engage the clutch.

Thanks
Width. Interior dimension of the tray is only 23.75”.

The remote clutch capability was the sole reason for going with the the platinum. At this point don’t really know what to do. Really don’t want to put it on the bumper but I really like this winch. Tossing up going that route or trying to sell the 10s and get an sb x20. The amount of modding to get a winch there with the 2.7 anyway is, at this point, leaning me to a winch plate mount. 🤷‍♂️

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Some questions for you guys...

1) Which Warn winches have been confirmed to fit this kit?
2) I don't have a sawzall. Can I use a cordless grinder to remove the frame extensions?
3) What's the purpose of those frame extensions?
4) Can someone explain where the control unit is being moved to? It's unclear in RC's instructions.
5) Can I route power through the solenoid upfitter switch?
6) Did you guys use ramps, or was there enough clearance sitting on the ground? (I have a 2.5" lift)

Much appreciated!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2) I don't have a sawzall. Can I use a cordless grinder to remove the frame extensions?
4) Can someone explain where the control unit is being moved to? It's unclear in RC's instructions.
6) Did you guys use ramps, or was there enough clearance sitting on the ground? (I have a 2.5" lift)

Much appreciated!
  1. No idea
  2. Probably, it's all a question of accessibility and only the bottom, left, and right need to be cut. The top can be wiggled off, see @NorthShoreBronco
  3. Frame locators during assembly
  4. I think you mean the wired extension that they suggest mounting near the front driver side.
  5. You want a fire? The upfitter switches max out at 30 amps and winches usually start at 250
  6. I did it on flat concrete with a Badlands and Smittybilt 12K

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Much appreciated!
I agree with @Squatch's response. Only thing I can add is that I use the Warn Evo 10-S with the RC hidden winch kit on my 2.3L and it installed fine. Didn't not use jack stands.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you mean the wired extension that they suggest mounting near the front driver side
no, I don’t mean the hand controller extension. There’s a box on top of the winch it appears RC has you move over to the side on a bracket. It just wasn’t very clear.

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
no, I don’t mean the hand controller extension. There’s a box on top of the winch it appears RC has you move over to the side on a bracket. It just wasn’t very clear.
The only time I see in the instructions that you remove the controller box and use the R/C supplied bracket to relocate to the D/S of the winch is on the 2.7 application. Is this what you are referring to?

Last edited:

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only time I see in the instructions that you remove the controller box and use the R/C supplied bracket to relocate to the D/S of the winch is on the 2.7 application. Is this what you are referring to?
Yes. I hate how they have you flip back and forth in the directions depending on motor and bumper. Should just have separate set for each build out.

I love this kit, but I am a bit concerned about the vehicle warranty with these types of mods. If the engine randomly overheated and blew up, whether it was legitimate or not, I’m afraid Ford would blame modifying the oil cooler and decline repairs.

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nicely done! And thanks for the shout out! Nice clean video too. But you left out the part where the bumper falls in your face.... That's an important step...
@NorthShoreBronco cant believe I never sent you this.. I used your bumper mounting method in the begining of this video for the ADD Rockfighter Bumper (gave you a shoutout):

I also found a great way to fracture my face with a socket wrench in the beginning of this one - you gotta try it, highly recommend:

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@NorthShoreBronco cant believe I never sent you this.. I used your bumper mounting method in the begining of this video for the ADD Rockfighter Bumper (gave you a shoutout):

I also found a great way to fracture my face with a socket wrench in the beginning of this one - you gotta try it, highly recommend:
HAHA, THERE YA GO! If your not dropping sh#@$# on your head, your not doing it right! It's fine.

Looks good!
Sponsored