Sponsored

Warn Winch Blocks Trail Cam on Badlands Overland Demo?

Brad Pitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to the Moab 4X4 expo a few weeks ago and saw the Badlands Overland build demo up close and in person. I noticed that the Warn winch clearly impeded the field of sight of the front-facing trail cam. I didn’t see a camera perspective on the screen inside the vehicle, but I don’t know how it couldn’t block the view. Hopefully this is resolved in production or it will be a reason to not get the factory winch.

BF49E240-5AFF-4B11-9C1F-02F638DE4753.jpeg
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are some actual pics of the screen and the trail cam that shows the winch obstructing about 50% of the field of view. Ford has also said that this is the way it is going to be and not fix is currently planned.

Edit. per the photo provided by Zack it looks more like 60-70% of the field of view is obstructed.

OP
OP
Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay - even the most hardcore fan boys can admit for shit the bed on this... right?

If you have a 360 trail cam you are likely doing some legit off roading. as a legit off road enthusiast you likely have a winch...

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Camera view is not impeded. It get a great view of the back of the nice looking Warn winch.

I need my 360 view for when I need to park in the mall parking lot as part of my legit mall crawling on 35’s fun days.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Camera view is not impeded. It get a great view of the back of the nice looking Warn winch.

I need my 360 view for when I need to park in the mall parking lot as part of my legit mall crawling on 35’s fun days.
I know people with Wranglers who won't even drive over curbs.
why do people insist on over paying for vehicles which are objectively bad at 90% of the daily driving activities when they don't even use them for the 10% they are good at?

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I won't be buying Fords winch option. Between the 360° camera issue and the steel line bait-and-switch, they've lost that $2500 from me. Not to mention the "fat lip" aesthetics of the mount.

I'll use that money on an aluminum front bumper that mounts the winch in a logical manner.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
why do people insist on over paying for vehicles which are objectively bad at 90% of the daily driving activities when they don't even use them for the 10% they are good at?
?‍♂

But mine drives straight as an arrow, 87,000 miles so far and never a death wobble, my daily driver, and stays dirty 360 days a year.
Ford Bronco Warn Winch Blocks Trail Cam on Badlands Overland Demo? EB75ECB4-1F8B-4897-A835-E35CE436AEC2

But I guarantee you the new Bronco owners will be the same. Spend lots of $ and never use the Broncos off road ability. I don’t dislike mall crawlers they can own and use the vehicle of their choice.

My B6G will be hitting the rocks and desert on day # 1.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is not acceptable.

Ford Bronco Warn Winch Blocks Trail Cam on Badlands Overland Demo? 893A1B60-C1EB-4689-B894-5CAB4E3B5BE0

I don’t understand why Ford is unable to resolve front winch blocked view issue. Why can’t Ford just move the center cam to one side near the headlight AND add a second cam near the other headlight, then stitch the live stream together to get an unobstructed view...a second cam is like another $10 extra hardware.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Because in 20 years some kid dreaming of a bronco will stumble upon an old mans bronco that is in mint condition and thinks he hit the jackpot.
Sponsored