Sponsored

Ford accessory winch blocks the trail cam on Badlands?

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does the Ford accessory winch and mount block the trail cam on the Badlands?
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. Not entirely, but it definitely blocks a good chunk of the bottom end of the camera. Many are waiting for an aftermarket setup because of this.

You can find videos on YouTube. I think Justin B McBride had one with a good view of it.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yikes! That blocks way more than I remember. I am planning to wait in aftermarket anyways, but I was thinking it was only the bottom quarter and not at least half!

OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks, I will wait.

Sponsored

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can relocate the top piece of winch according to Warn, but I think I'll wait for a install in bumper system from Aftermarket. I'd like something that offer good protection from Deer too as I had a deer almost total a rental with high front end repair costs these days.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t see the problem here

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can relocate the top piece of winch according to Warn, but I think I'll wait for a install in bumper system from Aftermarket. I'd like something that offer good protection from Deer too as I had a deer almost total a rental with high front end repair costs these days.
A deer will cause massive damage to a Bronco. I don’t care what type of bumper you have. It’s the impact to the frame. It bends the frame? Probably $8k minimum fix

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Warn does offer a relocation kit for the control pack. Still looks like some of winch will block trail cam. Not sure if there will be room under hood for the control pack with the 2.7

Control pack relocation

Still trying to decide if I will add it to my order this week or not.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A deer will cause massive damage to a Bronco. I don’t care what type of bumper you have. It’s the impact to the frame. It bends the frame? Probably $8k minimum fix
A deer "could" cause massive damage...but many deer hits will bounce off a steel bumper and you will have no damage whatseoever. That's from expeince with aftermarket steel bumpers that look similar and multiple deer hits (on Toyota frames which I believe are lighter). Obviously if a deer goes high and goes over the bumper you have problems....but frame damage is not the norm on a heavy frame like Bronco has. It would be an exception, and a steel bumper offers a lot of protection.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A deer "could" cause massive damage...but many deer hits will bounce off a steel bumper and you will have no damage whatseoever. That's from expeince with aftermarket steel bumpers that look similar and multiple deer hits (on Toyota frames which I believe are lighter). Obviously if a deer goes high and goes over the bumper you have problems....but frame damage is not the norm on a heavy frame like Bronco has. It would be an exception, and a steel bumper offers a lot of protection.
Yea I agree there.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't mind spending a little more on a better Warn and fix the issue, there's this...

Screenshot_20210317-090543.jpg

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@DeltaBravo I agree. This doesn't look like an issue.

As far as damage to a stock bumper versus a steel bumper...you're talking about absorbing or transferring energy. Most stock bumpers are designed for impacts of 2.5 - 5 mph. They only absorb energy in very low-speed impacts before they are damaged or broken and the energy is transferred to the next energy-absorbing zone/part. Just over that amount of energy, 2.5 - 5 mph, it is transferred to the frame/unibody or other components. A deer is soft, so it's not like hitting a concrete barrier, but at just over a walking speed, most bumpers are damaged. If a piece isn't damaged, it isn't absorbing the energy, which means it is allowing the energy to be transferred somewhere else. A heavy steel bumper isn't absorbing energy, so it is transferring it to the next part of the vehicle that absorbs energy.

A deer-strike has plenty of energy to damage a vehicle frame; unibody or body-on-frame. It just depends on where the deer hits, and you won't know how that's going to turn out until after the impact. A heavy bumper is nice for certain things, but if the bumper isn't damaged, it probably means the energy was transferred to some place you aren't immediately recognizing.

As far as the camera is concerned, it looks like you're going to be able to see almost everything you would want to see, and if you can't, you can always step out of the vehicle to see the obstacle IRL.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

very true, a steel bumper might not deform and you come out of a crash 'with no damage' but the energy has to go somewhere, it's not eaten by the steel. Steel bumpers are great for rough environment at low speeds, would not want to go crawling with a plastic bumper, but in an accident a bendy plastic/foam/soft metal bumper is much better/safer.
Sponsored