First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank for sharing. It's possible they changed their policies after Texas. For instance, they changed it from a 2 day event to a 1 day event. I'm going to fight this. I'll use your anecdote as ammunition.

Thanks again
I am not at home right now, but I wrote all the info down and I have the guys name I talked to, otherwise I would give it to you!
Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So this is just a warning for those who rushed to book off rodeo when they opened up the other locations and didn't read the fine lines.

I booked early September. The wife reminded me that we have something that weekend. So I emailed off rodeo HQ to move my date to early October to a time when I know she will be at a Bachelorette party and I had the weekend to myself.

They never responded.
Feeling a bit disenfranchised by the Bronco delays, plus also getting to finally test drive the Bronco -- satisfying that itch (loved it btw), I felt I'd save the 6.5 hrs drive from PA to Vermont or where it is and just wait for my Bronco to arrive and learn off roading tips on my own.

So I emailed them again this morning asking how to cancel. They got back immediately and said it's a 150 dollar fee to cancel.

tenor (1) (3).gif

Ok a bit ridiculous but fine

So I reply back asking again how I can just move the date and they send me this.

Screenshot_20210727-103906_Outlook.jpg

trump-swan-axios.gif

I'm flabbergasted that they take a $150 fee just to change your date (!). In a world of good customer service from the likes of Amazon, and other large companies, I thought this would be a no Brainer.

Anyway just had to vent 🤯
Send them the email from ford stating you got a 250 credit. Bcc ford customer service.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Send them the email from ford stating you got a 250 credit. Bcc ford customer service.
Yeah that's the thing. They're taking 150 out of that 250 credit that I already put down when I reserved. So essentially I'd only be getting 100 dollars back if I moved or canceled

Ford Bronco [Warning] Its not free to cancel, nor alter your date for Bronco Off-Rodeo Screenshot_20210727-113853_Outlook

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am not at home right now, but I wrote all the info down and I have the guys name I talked to, otherwise I would give it to you!
No worries!
A bit more information was provided after I started pushing back on the fee. Wish me luck

Ford Bronco [Warning] Its not free to cancel, nor alter your date for Bronco Off-Rodeo Screenshot_20210727-114042_Outlook

Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah that's the thing. They're taking 150 out of that 250 credit that I already put down when I reserved. So essentially I'd only be getting 100 dollars back if I moved or canceled

Ford Bronco [Warning] Its not free to cancel, nor alter your date for Bronco Off-Rodeo Screenshot_20210727-114042_Outlook
That's bullcrap. This whole release is a joke

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You have the weekend to yourself so why not go?
You may have misread. Thats the weekend I'm trying to go

But not for a $150 fee, just because I changed it from my original weekend!

I'd feel sour the entire time where I should be enjoying myself lol

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So this is just a warning for those who rushed to book off rodeo when they opened up the other locations and didn't read the fine lines.

I booked early September. The wife reminded me that we have something that weekend. So I emailed off rodeo HQ to move my date to early October to a time when I know she will be at a Bachelorette party and I had the weekend to myself.

They never responded.
Feeling a bit disenfranchised by the Bronco delays, plus also getting to finally test drive the Bronco -- satisfying that itch (loved it btw), I felt I'd save the 6.5 hrs drive from PA to Vermont or where it is and just wait for my Bronco to arrive and learn off roading tips on my own.

So I emailed them again this morning asking how to cancel. They got back immediately and said it's a 150 dollar fee to cancel.

Ok a bit ridiculous but fine

So I reply back asking again how I can just move the date and they send me this.

I'm flabbergasted that they take a $150 fee just to change your date (!). In a world of good customer service from the likes of Amazon, and other large companies, I thought this would be a no Brainer.

Anyway just had to vent 🤯
Dispute the charge with your CC company.

Ford just keep stepping in shit every chance they get.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may have misread. Thats the weekend I'm trying to go

But not for a $150 fee, just because I changed it from my original weekend!

I'd feel sour the entire time where I should be enjoying myself lol
I have feeling they will work with you. Keep positive.

When you offer a "free" event people think they have a lot of leeway and can just bail at any time. They put those restrictions in to keep a reign on the flaky people. They are doing the right thing.

Since you are not cancelling but trying to move the date they will accommodate you. Just be super nice. Explain clearly your situation (add some humor) and it will get you far.

Have an attitude like @guerro and they will double the fee. Rightly so.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

When you offer a "free" event people think they have a lot of leeway and can just bail at any time. They put those restrictions in to keep a reign on the flaky people. They are doing the right thing.

Since you are not cancelling but trying to move the date they will accommodate you. Just be super nice. Explain clearly your situation (add some humor) and it will get you far.

I'll observe what guerro does, and promptly do the opposite lol
Stay pumped!!!:ROFLMAO:
Definitely getting that as a Bronco bumper sticker 😂

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dispute the charge with your CC company.

Ford just keep stepping in shit every chance they get.
So far they're working with me but it sounds like it's up to their bosses to decide.

150 dollars won't break me but, it's the principle of the whole thing

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

An attitude. LMAO
Sponsored