First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger Scatpack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my wildtrak for exactly 1 week now. I haven't taken the door off yet and this has happened to me twice now, exactly how you described it.
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine started out fine when I took the doors off, no warning or anything, as long as I had my buckle on before doing anything. After a few days I started getting Hill Start, Brake...bla bla...almost every time.
I tried to first hit the start button without my foot on the brake, just to get into accessory mode, and than making sure I was buckled, than starting the Bronco...
After doing this method of tapping the start without starting the engine, I never got the messages again, unless I tried to go back to starting it up normally, than I would get them.
Now that I have the doors back on, I can start like normal and I am getting no messages.

This is a software issue, I hope Ford takes care of it to make it less annoying when the doors are off.

Maybe they should have programmed a "Eject Doors" screen on the infotainment screen, so there is no mistakes and the Bronco knows the doors are removed. Just tap on the screen which doors you want to remove and the Bronco would roll the window down and its ready to remove.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've had my wildtrak for exactly 1 week now. I haven't taken the door off yet and this has happened to me twice now, exactly how you described it.
Good afternoon, Joe! This doesnā€™t sound like the experience we want you to be having with your Bronco. Please go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information. Iā€™d be happy to look into these warnings when starting concerns for you. Thank you!

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had the exact same issue with doors off and parking brake has engaged as well. Doors were put on due to weather and errors went away. Clearly something going on with software.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've had the exact same issue with doors off and parking brake has engaged as well. Doors were put on due to weather and errors went away. Clearly something going on with software.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
It is a fairly common occurrence. Mine has been doing it since taking the doors off. FordPass is full of alert messages I have eventually quit reading and deleting.
Like others, buckling up first did seem to fix it.
But now, not so much.
It is a random thing, personally occurring probably 80% of the time I start my Bronco.

I'll DM you my info, but again, FoMoCo should already be well aware of this glitch as it is not isolated and rare.

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone actually get this resolved? First start with the doors off I get the Hill start, advance track, etc. warnings. Quick restart and just the door ajar and door electrical not connected warnings with the brake setting itself. Iā€™ve seen a lot of ā€œDM me your VIN and dealerā€ from FoMoCo but no resolution posts.

Donā€™t get me wrong, this is just a minor inconvenience for a truck I am absolutely loving. But if there is a solution, Iā€™d like to hear it.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just removed the doors on my Wildtrak this past weekend and experiencing the same warnings as the rest of you: hill start assist, pre-collision warning, anti-lock brake default, etc. FordPass app is full of these warnings and it happens almost (but not every) time I start it. Only started when I took the doors off.

It's annoying that this is happening but somewhat comforting that it's not just me. What I'm concerned about is whether the safety features are actually not working or if the warnings are false.

I Hope Ford can resolve this with an OTA update.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine started out fine when I took the doors off, no warning or anything, as long as I had my buckle on before doing anything. After a few days I started getting Hill Start, Brake...bla bla...almost every time.
I tried to first hit the start button without my foot on the brake, just to get into accessory mode, and than making sure I was buckled, than starting the Bronco...
After doing this method of tapping the start without starting the engine, I never got the messages again, unless I tried to go back to starting it up normally, than I would get them.
Now that I have the doors back on, I can start like normal and I am getting no messages.

This is a software issue, I hope Ford takes care of it to make it less annoying when the doors are off.

Maybe they should have programmed a "Eject Doors" screen on the infotainment screen, so there is no mistakes and the Bronco knows the doors are removed. Just tap on the screen which doors you want to remove and the Bronco would roll the window down and its ready to remove.
FYI for everyone having the (still unaddressed) issues, this sequence works for me, every time.
Thanks @VelocityBronco for the tip.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the warnings with both my 21 4 door and now with my 22 2 door, our Mannequin 21, dad's 21 Wildtrack and a friends Wildtrack (so every Bronco I've spent much time in), so I'd say its an operating characteristic of the Bronco, not unique to yours.

I can say much more common with doors off than on, but happens some with doors on.

The parking brake on mine is on if I start it with the doors off and seatbelt not buckled, if I buckle the seatbelt before starting, the brake doesn't set. The brake setting seems to trigger the hill start assist warnings

Sponsored

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found this th read by accident. When my doors were off I was getting the crazy messages about the hill start, brake blah blah. It seemed to be tied with the amount the brake pedal was depressed? It seemed to do it when I barely pushed down the brake pedal. If I shut the truck down and then fully depressed the brake pedal and restarted it was fine.

Iā€™ve not gotten the message at all with the doors on.

NathanW

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Range Rover SVR,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine has done this exact thing since new. never have my doors on, so this is a daily nuisance. I took it in and they said it was normal. They said I should buckle my seatbelt before starting, which I do, but it doesn't stop the warnings from popping up. There is no "fix" for this because I believe Ford designed it to do this. Very annoying.

Don't bother PM'ing "Ford", there's nothing they are going to do for you.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yea mine does it sometimes. Maybe one out of 15 with doors off only.

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Messed around with mine some more and found that the following eliminates all but the ā€˜door electrical connectionā€™ message (as it should).

1) Buckle in
2) Press Firmly on the brake pedal. I feel there is almost a secondary drop as if a valve opened midway down.
3) Start

Havenā€™t had the plethora of errors since I started doing this.

Iā€™d love to hear if others have the same results.

Broncho95

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FYI for everyone having the (still unaddressed) issues, this sequence works for me, every time.
Thanks @VelocityBronco for the tip.
Thanks. I am having the same issue. When i put the doors back on everything works normal. I will try the sequence and send an update also.
Sponsored