Sponsored

Was anyone able to order a roof rack separately?

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aftermarket will have more than enough choices. Don't let a factory roof rack hang you up.
Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@broncosor

Just called my dealership and asked if I could order it from them after-the-fact.

They said, "Sure, no problem. We can place an order for the roof rack and any accessory you decide on later through the parts department. There's probably going to be a fee to have it installed, but we can see about waving that for you.

"You'll just have to go through the parts department if you want to order it separate from your build. We'll let you know as soon as they're available, it'll probably arrive before your vehicle."

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, the factory cross rails for the Bronco Sport could be ordered through dealerships right about when they started hitting the lots.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe a dumb question, but should I order a roof rack even if I don't plan on using it? I'm not tall enough to really put anything on the roof without a ladder and would use a hitch mount for bikes, skis etc. But if I order straight from factory will I also get all the pre-painted trim pieces to remove the rack and install the extra trim? I assume it may be cheaper and easier to get the rack now and just save it in case I ever need it versus add it later on.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe a dumb question, but should I order a roof rack even if I don't plan on using it? I'm not tall enough to really put anything on the roof without a ladder and would use a hitch mount for bikes, skis etc. But if I order straight from factory will I also get all the pre-painted trim pieces to remove the rack and install the extra trim? I assume it may be cheaper and easier to get the rack now and just save it in case I ever need it versus add it later on.
painted trim piece comes with or without the rack. In your case you can add it later on, no difference.

Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
painted trim piece comes with or without the rack. In your case you can add it later on, no difference.
Great, thanks! I have a garage and half a basement full of car stuff I don't use or need on a regular basis (extra sets of wheels, spare parts I upgraded, etc.). Don't want to add to the pile if I don't have to!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well my message was pretty clear it's either BL or BL Sas. You can't order the 4.7 gearing, it's a bug in the Build and price.
Sorry didn't read it that way. I would skip the Sasquatch. I had already decided that IF I was going with BL, no need for Sasquatch.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw a YouTube review. Looks good :) but it would be nice to hear more. As far it's only the option (good option) for Bronco.
I'm looking into using the Tepui Foothill along with the Yakima small basket (Skinny warrior). Seems like a good solve for cargo and try for a 2dr

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks, will check it out. The biggest limitation is the dynamic load.
Yea the Foothill comes in at 110lbs already, but I’m also worried about the footprint of the Superlights because from the render, it fits the 4dr better

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea the Foothill comes in at 110lbs already, but I’m also worried about the footprint of the Superlights because from the render, it fits the 4dr better
Yeah. But the tent is 110 lbs and it's maximum already. Right?

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. But the tent is 110 lbs and it's maximum already. Right?
oh yea, youre right. The dynamic rating is 110 for the current roof rack..

I wonder if their '22 solve for the 4dr is a different rack altogether.. and I heard GFC is looking into a 2 door version too. Maybe I should hold off on the current roof rack
Sponsored