Sponsored

Was it anybody here who made the wanker list?

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I only see one Wanker here.
Sponsored

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m confused, how did this get in “parking pricks of the mid west” when they left useable spaces for lesser vehicles?? Looks like they were trying to help out the Prius’ (Pri’i?) of the world. After seeing this I realized I’m probably on lists too….
Agree 100%! Screw the Prius parkers.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's Kinda funny...I've been guilty of the same thing years ago in my expedition...parking in snow covered lots where other vehicles wouldn't.
Now of they were stacking (the stupidest if all practices) then its another story!

JarheadE5

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I look for anything available to practice my Skills. Water puddles, little tree stumps, snowflakes, bought my bronco to do anything and everything my little heart đź’ś desires. Fun is fun according to the beholder.

IMG_0832.jpeg

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I always assume anyone doing this is poking fun at themselves.

Harmless, but admittedly I don’t live in a snow zone and am unfamiliar with snow plow etiquette.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

GTTom

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I always assume anyone doing this is poking fun at themselves.

Harmless, but admittedly I don’t live in a snow zone and am unfamiliar with snow plow etiquette.
Just having fun. Here in the northeast snowplow guys aren't working the parking lots during business hours after the initial cleanup. Usually they push all the snow toward the furthest corner of the parking lot and leave a big mount of snow to melt in the spring. If multiple storms come through they may use a backhoe to scoop up and truck away the snow mounds when they get too big and take up too much room. Nice landscaped parking lots that aren't open sometimes have the snow plowed the end spots in almost every row if it can't be pushed further away. This leads to multiple loss parking spaces during the winter. But ripe for 4 wheelers of all makes and models to find a spot:). I've snuck into those places with my Honda Pilot, Ridgeline, Subarus and now the Bronco. We make it work with what we got.

MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Guess I don't get it. They parked in a spot that 99.9% of other vehicles won't park in. It's also a bit of fun during a normal day. A smile is a smile.
Also about snow removal. Apparently some haven't been around where I've been. That lot is plowed. That snow mount will be there till spring melts it away. They don't haul it away here, they keep pushing the snow to the parking spots and the mound just gets bigger and bigger.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The parking job would get an eye roll from me, whatevs. If it’s fun for the driver then 🤷‍♀️. But I’ll be damned if I get shamed on this forum for putting caramel and extra foam on my macchiato!

Sponsored

williamshafer

Black Diamond
First Name
William Shafer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was my first thought too. If I was the plow driver I would be pissed at that Bronco owner.

Looks cool for your followers on Instagram, but screws over the common working man. Not sure why people think that is acceptable, let alone thinking it is cool.

Full disclosure: I used to own a snow removal company. Here is a pic of my fleet.

Ford Bronco Was it anybody here who made the wanker list? IMG_0832
"The common working man"...? As if this person wasn't another common man (or woman)? This snow 'pile' may exist because the plow operator had already been there and was done. Hard to tell from one pic.

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

"The common working man"...? As if this person wasn't another common man (or woman)? This snow 'pile' may exist because the plow operator had already been there and was done. Hard to tell from one pic.
Exactly. The snow plow driver failed to complete the job properly and the Bronco driver was just trying to be considerate of fellow shoppers by using a space they couldn’t and leaving other spaces open for them.

OP
OP
HPNQ420

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's the problem with GOAT modes??
It is a gimmick, especially with a manual transmission. About the only thing it does is allow you to lock the rear differential in Sport mode in 2wd. They should have had the modes simply affect throttle response, automatic shift points, etc. and left it to the user to shift to 4wd, lock the differentials, etc.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a gimmick, especially with a manual transmission. About the only thing it does is allow you to lock the rear differential in Sport mode in 2wd. They should have had the modes simply affect throttle response, automatic shift points, etc. and left it to the user to shift to 4wd, lock the differentials, etc.
GOAT modes do way more that allow you to lock the rear in 2wd. While the user should be selecting drives and lockers based on conditions and not dependent on computer, those items can be activated/de-activated once a GOAT mode has been selected. I disagree that they are gimmicky and having the shift points (yes, useless on my MT), throttle response, and steering input tailored to conditions is a great option and otherwise not something that can be changed by the driver. However, I do think they should be treated more than a "set it and forget it" option and can be very beneficial if used correctly.
Sponsored