First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't find a better place to put this, but, I know this is a topic that needs a thread! I originally was going to put it in one of the engine tech threads, but, which one? If there is ONE single off road problem which is likely to turn your new Bronco from darling of the trails to smoldering pile of junk in seconds it is water/mud hole fording. I have a fair amount of experience in this area! I have SAVED swamped engines on the trail...multiple times, and I have cpr procedures that I try to drill on, because, like spanking off, after swamping your motor, you will feel ashamed...but you KNOW its not the last time you will ever do it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, how about that local sports team? They are playing well, or could be paying better...

JK, live in an area with heavy clay, so completely agree that this is a top fear vs. body damage from rocks.

What are thoughts on how to combat specifically with the snails on everyone of these things?
I originally wanted to post this in one of the 2.3l threads because after the reveal my 1st thought was I didn't want a 2.7 for fear of swamping it...I didn't want a v engine at all. Inlines are way better in this situation, and better a 4 than a 6...but i6 would be ok! When it turned out u could only get 2.3 w/manual trans I thought...all the better in a swamped situation!