First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Again, it’s NOT a design flaw. The driver exceeded the stated limit set by the manufacturer. That’s NOT a design flaw. Are you expecting it to drive through 6’ of water? Then but a vehicle with THAT limit.
Well if the rumor that ford is planning to move the alternator turns out to be true, then even Ford must disagree with you.

Since Ford also markets a variant of this truck specifically for water crossings, your obsession with arguing over this topic makes no sense.. The alternator location is apparently a weak point in the design, and raising it will improve the Broncos capability.

Again if it's true that Ford identified the alternator location as a weak point all the way back during early design and purposefully decided to delay moving it until a mid-cycle refresh... do you know what that's called? A compromised (or flawed) design.

If you're happy with the Bronco as is, that's cool, but the rest of us are going to continue discussing how to improve and raise the limits of this amazing vehicle.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

but what truly is the likelihood that water could get past the airbox through the turbo through the intercooler and up maybe 24 inches to the intake?

I do wonder if it’s more likely to just snuff the engine out like here. Then it can be restarted. Hopefully with continue driving it would dry out components. Probably not the nicest on your turbo though.
High but depends on the intrusion. A little bit of muddy water gets by the air filter and settles in the intercooler then dries and the left over mud dirt sandblasts the turbo and engine. Good slug of water will easily get pulled through all of that and get you a bent rod. How many ounces or CCs that is, I don't know. Even with the intercooler low in the system and long tubes, the air velocity is more than enough to pull whatever moisture through. Ford had a TSB a few years ago on F150s with the ecoboost developing a running issue in certain types of driving. Boiled down to condensation accumulating in the intercooler.

These conclusions are based on my particular experience and legitimate concern about the crap that made it into my airbox. Don't want to freak people out but those like myself who don't off-road much need to be aware of this possibility. What happened on mine could've easily turned into a trashed engine. Locking an engine, even if below the fording limit, isn't going to get the repair covered by Ford even though they set depth claim. This isn't one of those types of repairs you have leeway on to get covered. Hell, if you have the modem activated and it croaks out in the middle of stream or mud hole, Ford definitely can pull up a google map view and see where it was at.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
He is not being dramatic at all. Did you read this whole post where several people wrote something about it being Florida?! So actually a lot of people knew or thought it was florida. Several bronco owners have distanced themself from events/groups because of the negativity and drama. People need to stop making excuses for these types of influencers who make videos to line their pockets, with incorrect and misleading information. The video is not to help or create awareness. It's to cause drama and get clicks. The whole “one bronco didn’t go through that puddle and seemed to have taken in water" seriously? A lot of the ride her group took was hitting water. The video makes us look stupid. Makes it look like none of us there know what happens when you trail ride or put a vehicle through water/mud….and most of the people out there were very knowledgeable on the subject! The issues that happened that day were not “bronco issues” they were issues with people putting their vehicles through mud and water. I know the limits of my vehicle, I’ve been off-roading for years. I don’t dog my bronco till it has issues and then make videos bashing or blaming it for failing! And while Florida may have millions, the bronco community is still on the smaller side. But thanks 👍🏽

OK, here's the flip side.

Like it or not, social media is here to stay, we are using it right now on this forum. And like every platform ever made, going back to newspapers there is always going to be good and bad but both can be used to learn from. Yea, the guy plowed his way into water and screwed up, but how many people clicked on this thread and leaned the better way to go through water?
Learning happens in many forms and so does the dissemination of information.

And yes I know, her Bronco was the one that had the alternator problems and she said she didn't go through that specific puddle, but we all saw what it looked like when they popped her hood open - dried muddy water everywhere, we don't know yet, but most can guess what went wrong , hopefully she will report back and let her followers learn from it.

Nobody can make you look bad except you. You can't take credit for the good someone else does and you can't take the bad either, we are all responsible for our own actions. No one person can make everyone in the state look bad, it just doesn't work that way.

And on another note, people don't have to just ride with other people with the same vehicle.

CBWAR1

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F250 Custom 4X4; Pending: Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This post reminded me of the over the hood submerged D50 that I rescued out of a waterhole in Camp Springs MD back in 1983 with my 1972 Calypso Coral (AKA Code-Orange) F250 Sport Custom.
Ford Bronco Bronco vs Deep Water ... 3 Broncos Down (Exceeding Maximum Water Fording Depth) 1972 F250 Sport Custom

(no digital cameras then :p)

Sponsored

Melwatson

Badlands
First Name
Malena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 door; 1969 GMC C-15;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, here's the flip side.

Like it or not, social media is here to stay, we are using it right now on this forum. And like every platform ever made, going back to newspapers there is always going to be good and bad but both can be used to learn from. Yea, the guy plowed his way into water and screwed up, but how many people clicked on this thread and leaned the better way to go through water?
Learning happens in many forms and so does the dissemination of information.

And yes I know, her Bronco was the one that had the alternator problems and she said she didn't go through that specific puddle, but we all saw what it looked like when they popped her hood open - dried muddy water everywhere, we don't know yet, but most can guess what went wrong , hopefully she will report back and let her followers learn from it.

Nobody can make you look bad except you. You can't take credit for the good someone else does and you can't take the bad either, we are all responsible for our own actions. No one person can make everyone in the state look bad, it just doesn't work that way.

And on another note, people don't have to just ride with other people with the same vehicle.
Let me start with this: I ride with everyone. Jeeps, Toyota, etc. 👍🏽 I included a photo
for reference. And, before you respond with “then don’t ride with her.” It wasn’t her ride. Wasn’t her event!

Your response was very compelling, especially the part about social media being here to stay! The ride was suppose to be with friends, not content for someone’s YouTube! You actually proved my point. Some people will continue to make excuses and exceptions (you call it “the flip side”) for these videos of misleading and incorrect info. I don’t have an issue with social media or someone making money off of it. I do, however have an issue with bullshit!

I don’t remember you being out there but if you were, sorry I missed the introduction. I was in the second group and was wearing the shirt that says “strong female lead.” 👋🏽

Ford Bronco Bronco vs Deep Water ... 3 Broncos Down (Exceeding Maximum Water Fording Depth) 06D9264F-DC47-4B2F-90E0-7EEA3F690312

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Let me start with this: I ride with everyone. Jeeps, Toyota, etc. 👍🏽 I included a photo
for reference. And, before you respond with “then don’t ride with her.” It wasn’t her ride. Wasn’t her event!

Your response was very compelling, especially the part about social media being here to stay! The ride was suppose to be with friends, not content for someone’s YouTube! You actually proved my point. Some people will continue to make excuses and exceptions (you call it “the flip side”) for these videos of misleading and incorrect info. I don’t have an issue with social media or someone making money off of it. I do, however have an issue with bullshit!

I don’t remember you being out there but if you were, sorry I missed the introduction. I was in the second group and was wearing the shirt that says “strong female lead.” 👋🏽

Ford Bronco Bronco vs Deep Water ... 3 Broncos Down (Exceeding Maximum Water Fording Depth) 06D9264F-DC47-4B2F-90E0-7EEA3F690312

That's a very legitimate point about not wanting to be made content. I would have assumed anyone recording anything for publication would have asked first. And if your argument is that she just shows up and turns a fun day into a media event, I get it. Not only is that fair, I would feel the same way. I was under the impression she organized meet ups with the intention of filming and people understood that - for example LiteBrite organizes trail runs and fans know it's for their YouTube channel.

I was just making an argument for the legitimacy of media in all its forms. There is nothing wrong with creating content and making money doing it, but not at the expense of others.

And no I wasn't there, I'm in NJ, but I'd gladly say hi if our paths ever cross.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a very legitimate point about not wanting to be made content. I would have assumed anyone recording anything for publication would have asked first. And if your argument is that she just shows up and turns a fun day into a media event, I get it. Not only is that fair, I would feel the same way. I was under the impression she organized meet ups with the intention of filming and people understood that - for example LiteBrite organizes trail runs and fans know it's for their YouTube channel.

I was just making an argument for the legitimacy of media in all its forms. There is nothing wrong with creating content and making money doing it, but not at the expense of others.

And no I wasn't there, I'm in NJ, but I'd gladly say hi if our paths ever cross.
Well she has nice legs so there’s that

Melwatson

Badlands
First Name
Malena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 door; 1969 GMC C-15;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I legitimately was introducing myself from the heart. There was 2 groups and I wasn’t able to meet everyone. So I wanted to make sure I wasn’t being rude to you.

you are correct. It was not her event and no one knew it was for content. Or at least we were not told. I get it, she shows up and people should assume it’s going on YouTube but everyone should be made aware and given the option to be in a video. That’s a big issue for me…making content at the expense of others is not cool. The guy in the water is her friend. Instead of jumping in and helping, she started recording for her channel. Not cool and I know part of the world we live in.
Again I don’t want to start drama. Trust me I’ve had enough. Most of the bronco owners I have met have been awesome!
I appreciate the time you took to have a decent debate with me. When you are in Florida, we would love for you to hit the trails with us! I am Mel…nice to meet you!

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

gee...put a truck into water, let it set for a while. Then when it doesn't start it is a design issue. I understand there are better things that could/can be done. BuTT...

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife went thru a creek crossing at rubicon. No issues

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol at people trying to defend this.
Buddy went in mud, maybe 16” deep. Alternator trashed. Bronco down.

This truck has problems.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs