Sponsored

Will the Everglades Edition have an increased water fording depth?

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was told that the safe fording depth on non-Everglades models is 33 inches. Above 33 inches and you risk frying critical electronic components regardless of whether you have a snorkel or not.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without a substantial amount of lift highly doubtful it will be increased due to electrical components and possible exhaust flooding. The snorkel is for clean air intake in dusty conditions more than it is for water fording.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Without a substantial amount of lift highly doubtful it will be increased due to electrical components and possible exhaust flooding. The snorkel is for clean air intake in dusty conditions more than it is for water fording.
The snorkel is for looks more than anything.

OP
OP
TXscooterguy

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The snorkel is for clean air intake in dusty conditions more than it is for water fording.
Hmm, I'm betting some marketing dude got a phat check as part of his Executive Incentive Program for coming up with the sexy "Everglades" name. And yet if there's one place you're NOT going to find dust -- it's in a swamp. Let's rename it the "Pogo Edition". Maybe Ford will design a special insect repellant dispenser for the dash. As for badging, I'd include either a huge mosquito or gator in keeping with its name.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TXscooterguy

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good for any depth. Once.
Depending how wide the water crossing is. Winch attachment points are sparse in the middle of good-sized rivers. Maybe an option for inflatable air bags that can be deployed so you'll eventually float to the other side. Do you think Ford will sell extended warranties that cover water damage for the Everglades Edition? I think I'm going to try to sell an aftermarket Everglades "Fording Tool." It'll be a yardstick with the last 3 inches taped up. The instructions with it will read, "Walk in front of your Everglade Edition holding the tape portion of the tool. Push the tool to the river bottom. If the tape gets wet, turn around."

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that Ford will neither improve advertised fording depth nor sell any kind of special water warranty for the Everglades edition.

Maybe they are hoping people assume the Everglades is more water capable because of its name and styling. Or maybe they genuinely are improving something about how it handles water, although what form that takes is still unclear to us, based on what we've seen of the vehicle.

sergk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Curiously, the spec sheet water fording figure is the same for both 33" (badlands) and 35" (sasquatch) tires. My understanding that the sasquatch package adds a small lift (plus the inch of tire difference). That should make the water fording figure different by couple of inches.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're going full Facebook here once again...
….in case anyone’s wondering, I deleted my just preceding post (poor taste)
Sponsored