Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Everyone,
First post here, just joined.

I am an owner of a 4DR Base Bronco. A while back I tried "fixing" the window rattle by adjusting the glass lean using the bolts on the underside of the door panel. When I went to remove the rubber "stoppers" quite a bit of water came out. I recently had a my dealer do some work and had them look into it. They also saw water come out. They said they blew it dry, tried to re-create water getting inside the door panel, but could not. So, I'm worried that over time, water will still seep into the door panel and start rusting the inside of the door.

Anyone else experience similar?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In addition to the plugs there are drain holes in the bottom of the doors which are supposed to allow water to drain. Sometimes these drain holes will get plugged up with dirt/debris allowing water to build up. A quick shot of compressed air should clean them out. As mentioned, you can also remove the rubber plugs.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey Everyone,
First post here, just joined.

I am an owner of a 4DR Base Bronco. A while back I tried "fixing" the window rattle by adjusting the glass lean using the bolts on the underside of the door panel. When I went to remove the rubber "stoppers" quite a bit of water came out. I recently had a my dealer do some work and had them look into it. They also saw water come out. They said they blew it dry, tried to re-create water getting inside the door panel, but could not. So, I'm worried that over time, water will still seep into the door panel and start rusting the inside of the door.

Anyone else experience similar?
Hi Jonas! I can look into your bronco's leak concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your bronco's VIN?
Sponsored