Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's refreshing to read that many of you are seeing past the unnecessary dividing lines that Fords marketing team decided to fabricate, specifically between Broncos and Jeeps.
This isn’t a new Jeep/Bronco thing. It’s been there since before I joined the Early Bronco community 20 plus years ago. It is the ultimate diss to a Early Bronco owner to call his Bronco a Jeep. Most people don’t take it that seriously. Its like calling a Mustang a Camaro or vice versa. Everyone wants to think they bought the “better” vehicle.

Thats the problem with being ducked. Someone basically called your Bronco a Jeep.
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This isn’t a new Jeep/Bronco thing. It’s been there since before I joined the Early Bronco community 20 plus years ago. It is the ultimate diss to a Early Bronco owner to call his Bronco a Jeep. Most people don’t take it that seriously. Its like calling a Mustang a Camaro or vice versa. Everyone wants to think they bought the “better” vehicle.

Thats the problem with being ducked. Someone basically called your Bronco a Jeep.
I don't see it like that...
I felt more like being welcomed into the off-roading fraternity 😊

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I’m pretty sure who ever did this knew I didn’t own a Jeep. And I don’t see it as a sign of disrespect. Actually I see it as an acknowledgment that the Bronco is relevant. The Jeep owners I have encountered have been cordial, curious, and impressed. Maybe that will change but I’m not feeling any animosity or hate.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Except a Camaro, and even Barracuda which beat the Mustang to market are called "pony" cars. I might be in minority but I am not that stuck up that I would get so bent out of shape if peeps mistake my Bronco for a Wrangler

Bothers me more when they call it black

Sponsored

Captain Howdy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I didn't say it was anything new. It's the same tired crap that never ends, because theirs always someone breathing life into it. Like how you're filling large gaps and coming to your own negative conclusion.

Also, it pays to remain focused in this specific thread to the here and now. This post, not to mention this whole forum, is dedicated to the 6th and latest generation of Broncos and the OP was parked next to by a current generation JL. Couple that to this whole duck thing being new, starting mainly because of covid social distancing, it's best to keep it on the here and now. Fords marketing team could learn a lot from that rubber duck. There's a lot of ways they could've approached things, and they chose the most classless of them. I'll say it again, that I'm glad to see so many members here who aren't perpetuating the unnecessary dividing lines that Fords marketing team foolishly decided to center their campaign around.

A quick personal experience from the 1st time I saw a Bronco traveling in the same direction on the highway in the middle of the day in light traffic. He was in the right lane and I was slowing passing on the left. When we 1st made eye contact, I could clearly see the look on his face like he was thinking "here's my sworn enemy". I simply smiled while nodding and giving the thumbs up, and he lit up like a kid on Christmas morning. He quickly returned the smile and thumbs up, and we both parted ways in a better mood than before we ran into each other. That's the way it should be!

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Except a Camaro, and even Barracuda which beat the Mustang to market are called "pony" cars. I might be in minority but I am not that stuck up that I would get so bent out of shape if peeps mistake my Bronco for a Wrangler

Bothers me more when they call it black
It's not black?:p

I am not stuck up. Wasn't trying to come across that way.

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m pretty sure who ever did this knew I didn’t own a Jeep. And I don’t see it as a sign of disrespect. Actually I see it as an acknowledgment that the Bronco is relevant. The Jeep owners I have encountered have been cordial, curious, and impressed. Maybe that will change but I’m not feeling any animosity or hate.
I don't know I guess it would make more sense to me if it was something other than a duck. Since that's a Jeep thing, that I don't understand.(get it?)

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn't say it was anything new. It's the same tired crap that never ends, because theirs always someone breathing life into it. Like how you're filling large gaps and coming to your own negative conclusion.

Also, it pays to remain focused in this specific thread to the here and now. This post, not to mention this whole forum, is dedicated to the 6th and latest generation of Broncos and the OP was parked next to by a current generation JL. Couple that to this whole duck thing being new, starting mainly because of covid social distancing, it's best to keep it on the here and now. Fords marketing team could learn a lot from that rubber duck. There's a lot of ways they could've approached things, and they chose the most classless of them. I'll say it again, that I'm glad to see so many members here who aren't perpetuating the unnecessary dividing lines that Fords marketing team foolishly decided to center their campaign around.

A quick personal experience from the 1st time I saw a Bronco traveling in the same direction on the highway in the middle of the day in light traffic. He was in the right lane and I was slowing passing on the left. When we 1st made eye contact, I could clearly see the look on his face like he was thinking "here's my sworn enemy". I simply smiled while nodding and giving the thumbs up, and he lit up like a kid on Christmas morning. He quickly returned the smile and thumbs up, and we both parted ways in a better mood than before we ran into each other. That's the way it should be!
Look I didn't create this Jeep/Bronco hate. I was just saying it been around a while. Don't get bent out of shape on me. Your comment made it sound like it was a new thing. That all I was trying to say.

I honestly don't care if you own a Jeep, Toyota, Bronco, Land Rover, etc... A cool vehicle is a cool vehicle.

This is about 6 gen Broncos. I won't mention any other vehicle again.

Let's try a little bit nicer interaction next time.

Sponsored

Gooskie

Black Diamond
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Battle Bee duck on mine and will gladly hand out horse ducks to other fellow Bronco owners or place them on their tire, not touch their paint or any surfaces. It's just a kind hearted thing to do during these negative times.

Fathom

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen II Ford Raptor, '22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No ducking here but I did have a close encounter of sorts. I drove a Wrangler JK 2 door for 12 years and I really enjoyed the "Jeep wave" every time I gave or received one. 2 days ago, I received a wave from an approaching Wrangler and though I fought it (and I really did fight it) reflex muscle memory won over will and I waved back. I did feel all tingly afterward!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think you should behead the duck, cutting the neck in a jagged pattern, and post it on top of your antenna or some
place prominent such that future duckers are warned off.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

At the risk of sounding sexist. A lot of women that do this can't actually tell a Bronco from a wrangler. Then again some of them may not care and just like both.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly think that's overthinking it. Getting ducked in the normal context is someone appreciating your vehicle. I wouldn't never assume someone is trying to be a dick by putting a duck on my car when its normal gesture is respect.
Sponsored