Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not yet, but I hope you didn't order a Hard Top Cactus Grey Big Bend. I haven't removed the downtown plate frame yet. I paid over MSRP for it off the lot and it had a green sticker.

PXL_20220403_161856909.jpg
Curious, how much over did you pay? B.A. your sales guy?
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Carmax was a game changer when they came out. Usually $1-2k higher but you could literally find the exact used car you wanted. My family bought several vehicles from them in 2005-2010 time period.

Now it's the same as other used car dealers and dealerships. Warranty and used junk.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious, how much over did you pay? B.A. your sales guy?
I paid $52.5k OTD and Hannah was my sales person. Ruffly $6k ADM and found it on Facebook Group (Hannah listed it as available). It's an odd spec, Big Bend 2.3 auto, brown interior and no options other than hard top. Weird someone would order a Big Bend without mid package.

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Really, though? Are people going to actually stop doing business with a dealership that has the gall to take advantage of the free enterprise system? Why does everybody *love* capitalism - until it's time to spend their own money on something?

Yes, really. I am in the market to buy 3 trucks for work and upgrade a personal truck. Will not do business with dealers who pull this BS. That IS capitalism. We don't need laws that make sure someone bakes a cake, if the market doesn't appreciate a business practice, the market will self correct.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Almost every dealer in almost every area of the country is marking up new vehicles above MSRP. Which model and where determines the markup. There are still some dealers that just wont mark their vehicles up like that (kudos to you), but I'm in an area with a ton of different dealers and the practice is common throughout.

Even used cars are routinely selling and trading at above normal value, and the best you can hope for is a dealer to get rid of the Doc Fees.

Houses are doing the same thing. Routinely selling for $20k-60K above market value, often with all contingencies waived.

I'm not saying its right, but its just the times we live in. It's a seller's market out there.

Sunchaser99

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just walk away. Nothing worse than a huge depreciating asset. Wait it out a couple of years, worst time to buy a bronco.

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who is paying the wild prices for any car? My local Ford dealer has had some used Jeeps for sale for MONTHS that no one has bought. They aren't even crazy markups like new Broncos I'm reading about here, just too much for their mileage/age. You'd think after months of nobody buying them, they'd go back to normal prices.
Many people, younger generation mostly, do not care what the bottom line of the sheet says. They want to know "What's my payment going to be?", and see if that fits in their budget. In their mind they'll sell it before paying it off, or needing tires, etc. ... It is exemplified by many millennials (not all, so let's not start a bashing on that) that live in the same place and rent for years. They have no maintenance costs when the hot water heater goes, or it needs a new roof. They want one payment that "fits" their life. Ferrari has suffered from this new sales hit, when Lambo and others started leasing programs. It's a high priced, specialized example, I admit, but it's a sign of the changing mental picture. Our parents, or grandparents never looked at it like that.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just walk away. Nothing worse than a huge depreciating asset. Wait it out a couple of years, worst time to buy a bronco.
This is all vehicles technically, we like to say a few brands hold there value better but on average vehicles are a bad investment. For some reason right now a vehicle is actually worth more after you drive off a lot. I am in the inflation is going to cover the difference.

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The days of these high ADMs will be coming to an end soon. I was watching the Mecum auction in Houston and a 2022 Wildtrak 2 dr hammered at I believe 63 or 64k. It was highly optioned unit with like 32 miles on it so I figured they paid less than 8000 over sticker, a couple of months ago they were in the 80s. Between low inventory and high inflation the customers are going to be giving up and waiting as we begin to tighten the ol belt on finances, no sense in wasting money in an unsure economy. I for one am looking forward to it.
100% - Saw that. My exact thoughts.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Went to a local Ford dealership today to possibly purchase a new Bronco that was their Demo Bronco. A little of the backstory, I called last weekend to go take a look at this and they said it was in service for a shock for the back of the soft top And because it’s the Weekend service is closed and we are unable to get the Bronco out of the service Bay. The salesman I talked to on the phone That Day said that they are getting 10 K over sticker for their Broncos. However this was a used demo bronco so it was advertised at 56k and some change.
well I went Today and it’s 82,699. On the print for the window that lists all the options it has, it says “Not a misprint” $82,699
I left before even talking to a salesman. Then 15 minutes later on pure coincidence, Salesman I talked to last Weekend calls me.
he said you had some interest in a bronco last weekend I just want to let you know it’s available to look at now, I said I already came in about 15 minutes ago and looked at it but now it’s 82,000, you have it listed online for 56,000 he said OK well have a nice Day!

https://www.livermoreford.net/used/...rmore-ca-82ab9e770a0e09b1633e216ac8eefa0c.htm
In Cali they have to sell it to you for the lowest advertised price by law.

They Call Me Bacon

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Pony, 99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It amazes me that the whole country is salivating over deals that are "Not 1 cent over MSRP!!". Before the pandemic, paying MSRP meant you got ripped off by the dealer.

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It amazes me that the whole country is salivating over deals that are "Not 1 cent over MSRP!!". Before the pandemic, paying MSRP meant you got ripped off by the dealer.

Yes, but your trade in value has gone way up as well. I paid MSRP for my Bronco, but I still got a good deal, even by 5 years ago standards.

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had two recent experiences. First was on a 2021 big bend that was at a 17k ADM, negotiated them all the way down to 2k ADM with added accessories, went in to sign and they tried adding 6k back in. Walked away from that and grabbed an outerbanks from a dealer that only had a 2.5% ADM and was willing to negotiate down. A big part of the issue is, in addition to regular customers, dealers are getting 20-30k over msrp offers from big wholesale and relocation companies that are then adding a mod or 2 and reselling in their area of the country. but, there are dealers out there willing to work. I have seen up to 35k ADM is some areas.
Sponsored