First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This was on Bring a Trailer yesterday. Bubble is about to burst. Window Sticker was $56740. After tax and license little money made.
36-Mile 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands V6 2-Door
Sold for $64,500 on 4/2/22
1649019566156.png
I agree, this can’t go on forever and all signs are pointing to the music stopping this year. Most of the ADM crowd is going to flock to the Bronco Raptor.

Dealers raking ADM now weren’t your friend before this supply crisis either, it’s just become incredibly obvious now that they have to write the f u on the sticker 😆
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If someone buys it at that price their markup may appear to have been justified. I say may because they just might enrage enough people that they will lose a lot of future sales on other vehicles that they might have otherwise had. They are risking much more than the sale of one vehicle when they do large markups like that.
Which dealers are selling their Bronco inventory at MSRP? Is there a dealer not selling their Bronco inventory at current market rate? I'm not talking about adding ADM to orders, but abandoned, inventory, or demo units...why shouldn't they mark them up?

As far as I know, every person selling their used car is also maximizing the current market pricing. Nobody is saying "no thanks, I'm going to sell my car at the 2019 rate, for $10k less, because I think the market is inflated".

I'm just not sure what world people are living in where they expect prices to remain static.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to a local Ford dealership today to possibly purchase a new Bronco that was their Demo Bronco. A little of the backstory, I called last weekend to go take a look at this and they said it was in service for a shock for the back of the soft top And because it’s the Weekend service is closed and we are unable to get the Bronco out of the service Bay. The salesman I talked to on the phone That Day said that they are getting 10 K over sticker for their Broncos. However this was a used demo bronco so it was advertised at 56k and some change.
well I went Today and it’s 82,699. On the print for the window that lists all the options it has, it says “Not a misprint” $82,699
I left before even talking to a salesman. Then 15 minutes later on pure coincidence, Salesman I talked to last Weekend calls me.
he said you had some interest in a bronco last weekend I just want to let you know it’s available to look at now, I said I already came in about 15 minutes ago and looked at it but now it’s 82,000, you have it listed online for 56,000 he said OK well have a nice Day!

https://www.livermoreford.net/used/...rmore-ca-82ab9e770a0e09b1633e216ac8eefa0c.htm
When I lived in Livermore, I got kicked out of their store because they had taken 1k from me and had me sign some paperwork for a new 2013 Ford Explorer, then couldn’t sell it to me. When they said it would cost more due to a miscalculation on the shipping from Los Angeles, I told them what I thought and was asked to leave. The worst dealership I’ve ever dealt with.

Then in 2016 they had a printed up deal that was too good to be true for a 2016 Ford Edge that I wanted to buy for my parents. They didn’t remember me and when I showed them the two discounts and 0 percent financing they advertised, they couldn’t tell me “No”. Even after the GM approved it, the finance guy stopped the paperwork because he said that he never saw that kind of deal before. So yes, he checked and they sold me the car. Still think they are the worst dealership I’ve ever walked into.

BTW: I just forwarded my buddy that same add showing him the Bronco and said it’s a decent price for a Badlands. Doesn’t surprise me now!

Sponsored

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The days of these high ADMs will be coming to an end soon. I was watching the Mecum auction in Houston and a 2022 Wildtrak 2 dr hammered at I believe 63 or 64k. It was highly optioned unit with like 32 miles on it so I figured they paid less than 8000 over sticker, a couple of months ago they were in the 80s. Between low inventory and high inflation the customers are going to be giving up and waiting as we begin to tighten the ol belt on finances, no sense in wasting money in an unsure economy. I for one am looking forward to it.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was it actually a first edition? They are commanding more even tho I think that’s a ridiculous amount. I didn’t think any dealers were using a first edition as a mannequin.

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really, though? Are people going to actually stop doing business with a dealership that has the gall to take advantage of the free enterprise system? Why does everybody *love* capitalism - until it's time to spend their own money on something?
I would 100% avoid a dealer who does this. Wouldnt trust them

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was it actually a first edition? They are commanding more even tho I think that’s a ridiculous amount. I didn’t think any dealers were using a first edition as a mannequin.
Yup customer ordered and backed out .

Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This was on Bring a Trailer yesterday. Bubble is about to burst. Window Sticker was $56740. After tax and license little money made.
36-Mile 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands V6 2-Door
Sold for $64,500 on 4/2/22
1649019566156.png
If this one was a Lux it was a deal.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The real going price is $5-15k over. Hardtops add a premium and so does locker/sasquatch.

ADM for dummies
$5k for Base-Big Bend
$7.5k for Black Diamond Outer Banks
$10k for Badlands
$15k for Wildtrak

Add another $2.5k for hardtop or 2.7 Ecoboost

This based on making offers over the last 60 days.
V6 Base Squatch pulls 20k over. (Long as it’s a 2 door)

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people are just straight dumb and like that feeling of having something first to make them think they are a better person. Most of these people will regret that decision unless they just have FU money, all they are doing is feeding the problem that is going on.

Dealerships that charge this hopefully it bites them in the butt one day.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hate to say it, but my buddy still sees First Editions at dealer auction going for low 90s high 80s. Whats crazy to me is that is selling to another dealer that likely plans to flip for a profit. But then again, I live in a town with people that have the money to pay that.
*sigh*
Sponsored