still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone who doesn't think the current dealer sales model will be obsolete in the next 10 years is simply blind. People don't like haggling about prices anymore. You can check on the internet if a price is good by comparing it to local, state, and national averages. What the dealer says is a good price anymore doesn't matter. The dealer does hold one thing and that is you still have to purchase directly through a dealer. Inexpensive car transportation companies are going to start making your local dealer more and more obsolete.

Car manufacturers can already see the popularity of Tesla's sales model, Carmax, Carvana, etc. People are comfortable ordering things online at a set price and having it delivered or delivered to a location and picking it up.

The market will dictate the sales model and the market detests car salesmen.
thank you. 100% agree.
Sponsored

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not to beat a dead horse..BUT.. This 156 mile Badlands just sold for $56k on BaT. And the last bid was early this morning.
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4-Door 7-Speed
Sold for $56,000 on 4/5/22
Ford Bronco Went to buy a Bronco Today, got the old Bait and Switch 1649184082223

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it is simply foolish to pay over sticker for a Bronco, for any vehicle You intend to drive.
You mean sticker price which is the suggested price? Itā€™s foolish to dictate how to buy a car when you donā€™t really understand the concepts behind it.

e92miami

Outer Banks
First Name
Noby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
thank you. 100% agree.
Anyone who doesn't think the current dealer sales model will be obsolete in the next 10 years is simply blind. People don't like haggling about prices anymore. You can check on the internet if a price is good by comparing it to local, state, and national averages. What the dealer says is a good price anymore doesn't matter. The dealer does hold one thing and that is you still have to purchase directly through a dealer. Inexpensive car transportation companies are going to start making your local dealer more and more obsolete.

Car manufacturers can already see the popularity of Tesla's sales model, Carmax, Carvana, etc. People are comfortable ordering things online at a set price and having it delivered or delivered to a location and picking it up.

The market will dictate the sales model and the market detests car salesmen.
I would love to be on your side of this but not happening because the dealership lobbyists are huge in DC but more in local state governments. Tesla and some other EV companies are getting away with it but so far no (new) gas powered vehicles are sold this way. I say (new) because all those companies you mention are only for used cars.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's concentrate

Good lord do you guys read what you write? Look on line to compare to local, state and national averages? If you can only buy from the manufacturer then there will only be a National Average price since the manufacturer will set the price for the vehicle for the Nation. Lol.

The internet is full of companies selling the same exact product at competing prices. They are called Retailers (i.e. Dealers). Lol.
You really don't make sense or are intentionally not understanding for the sake of continuing the argument. You seem fail to understand anything outside of your bubble.

If I don't have to buy from a dealer national market/demand sets the price. I don't have to deal with bull shit mark up that varies within the same town.

There are manufactures I can purchase their product directly from. It has a set price, often at MSRP, and doesn't' fluctuate much. There are also resellers selling the same product. This works because the reseller buys the product at bulk, gets a discount, and then tries to undercut the manufacturer a little bit. They do this to add on follow on services or just get some profit, depends on the product.

This means that the manufactures MSRP is a hard cap on the price of the item because if the reseller/retailer/dealer goes above MSRP I will just buy from the manufacturer UNLESS they offer some service the manufacture can't.

This is why the auto dealership model is failing and will become obsolete. The manufacturer sets a MSRP but since you cannot buy direct from them the MSRP doesn't mean shit. The dealers can sell it for whatever they want, add no extra service or support, and turn a profit. Car dealerships are essentially scalpers to compare it to other markets.

What is more important is that Amazon has set precedence that all retailers have had to follow. People prefer to order online and not haggle. Carmax and Carvana have embraced this and people enjoy that experience. As more people in younger generations, say under 30, are able to afford new cars they are going to realize they don't like the car dealership model and turn towards other places to buy. You don't want to end up like Blockbuster when a Netflix shows up.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would love to be on your side of this but not happening because the dealership lobbyists are huge in DC but more in local state governments. Tesla and some other EV companies are getting away with it but so far no (new) gas powered vehicles are sold this way. I say (new) because all those companies you mention are only for used cars.
I believe Rivian is doing the straight to consumer too. Yes the lobbyist are a hold up but I think dealerships are going to realize the current system is doing more harm than good to them.

David H

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You mean sticker price which is the suggested price? Itā€™s foolish to dictate how to buy a car when you donā€™t really understand the concepts behind it.
Not what i am saying (and it is not really that difficult a concept). I am referring to paying dealer premiums - not for any added equipment but because new cars are scarce. I paid full sticker for my Bronco based on what I ordered on-line - no additional dealer markup. Dealers adding $10-$20K to the manufacturers SR is not uncommon (they do not have to be competitive right now) and apparently what you experienced -a used vehicle costing more than what you can buy new online with a reputable dealership?

I mean no disrespect - I am just saying there are smarter options than paying that kind of dealer markup.

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe Rivian is doing the straight to consumer too. Yes the lobbyist are a hold up but I think dealerships are going to realize the current system is doing more harm than good to them.
^^^ Yes. Iā€™m just sayin I think this is the future. Anyone is free to disagree. I could be wrong. Just a guess.

e92miami

Outer Banks
First Name
Noby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, Rivian will fall under "other EV companies".

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ever hear of any horror stories at Downtown Ford Sacramento? That's where my order is in at.
Not yet, but I hope you didn't order a Hard Top Cactus Grey Big Bend. I haven't removed the downtown plate frame yet. I paid over MSRP for it off the lot and it had a green sticker.

PXL_20220403_161856909.jpg

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a signed DORA sheet from over a year ago but hanging out here reading all the horror stories, I asked my salesperson and the new car manager yesterday if I could use my iPhone to record our conversation about no ADM or extra fees other than the $125 doc fee they charge. They agreed, lol.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Which dealers are selling their Bronco inventory at MSRP? Is there a dealer not selling their Bronco inventory at current market rate? I'm not talking about adding ADM to orders, but abandoned, inventory, or demo units...why shouldn't they mark them up?

As far as I know, every person selling their used car is also maximizing the current market pricing. Nobody is saying "no thanks, I'm going to sell my car at the 2019 rate, for $10k less, because I think the market is inflated".

I'm just not sure what world people are living in where they expect prices to remain static.
Reminds me of times of ammo shortages. If Iā€˜m going into the sporting goods store looking for 9mm so I can plink tomorrow then I either pay dynamic prices or else I donā€™t go plinking. Simple as that.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who is paying the wild prices for any car? My local Ford dealer has had some used Jeeps for sale for MONTHS that no one has bought. They aren't even crazy markups like new Broncos I'm reading about here, just too much for their mileage/age. You'd think after months of nobody buying them, they'd go back to normal prices.

Coach4088

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not yet, but I hope you didn't order a Hard Top Cactus Grey Big Bend. I haven't removed the downtown plate frame yet. I paid over MSRP for it off the lot and it had a green sticker.

Ford Bronco Went to buy a Bronco Today, got the old Bait and Switch PXL_20220403_161856909
OH SNAP!! Sounds shady!! LOL.... But no, I ordered a Carbonized Gray Badlands SAS LUX. Still waiting on it.
Sponsored