Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t usually post long reviews but since there is very limited info on this I figured I would.

10/10 - Packaging - the rack came packed in two boxes with strapping. Inside, the pieces were covered will bubble wrap and packed very tightly to prevent damage. In fact, this rack set outside in the boxes for a week (with rain) and was perfectly fine when opened.

8/10 - Value - I purchased directly from Westin. At the time of my purchase there was a 10% off which bought the price down to $899 with free shipping. I think that it is still expensive for what it is, but is overall a good value when you compare it to Trailrax or Prinsu. Westin is a larger company than these small guys, so support down the road should be better. I appreciate the 3YR warranty as well.

8/10 - Quality/Fit/Assembly
- Quality is excellent. All powder coating is nicely done. Instructions and labeling of the parts are a bit lacking.

- For example, in the parts list, they show 70ct of M6 button head screws. What they don’t tell you is that there are 2 sizes. The longer ones are for the feet that mount to the roof.​

- Also, there are no extras included so at the end I am missing one M6 nut and it would be nice to have some extra T nuts included for attaching accessories​

- many similar products have stickers on the larger parts to let you know which is which. The instructions say “start with the driver side rail” but it isn’t labeled and the diagram is not very clear, so it’s easy to make a mistake that requires you to disassemble everything.​

9/10 - Features - everyone is making these platform racks now. Some use off the shelf hardware and extrusion. Westin uses nice custom spring loaded T nuts and custom extrusion tor the cross bars. The side bars are custom extruded vs laser cut panels (RCI and prinsu) which means you can easily take the front and middle panels off or reach under to install a tent. Also unique to Westin is the removable faring cover that allows you to install and wire lights up.

Hopefully they create some accessories for the rack such as pack rack style side panels or other attachments.

Noise (subjective) - I didn’t notice an increase in noise from my Mabet rack. Very little if any.

Pics - the two different screw sizes.
Ford Bronco Westin Mesa Platform Rack - Review and Pics IMG_4867

Ford Bronco Westin Mesa Platform Rack - Review and Pics IMG_4868
Ford Bronco Westin Mesa Platform Rack - Review and Pics IMG_4873
Ford Bronco Westin Mesa Platform Rack - Review and Pics IMG_4874
Sponsored

Last edited:

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very nice, thanks for sharing. Are the rails adjustable?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice write up.

Are the T-slots on the side rails (top and sides) usable?

eurofocus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the mesa on my bronco recently, gotta agree with you... the lack of extra hardware was frustrating. I was missing the two spacer washers for the windshield mount. I ordered it through a vendor on amazon so when I contacted Westin directly, they said I should deal with the seller because they don't deal with Canadian customers and I may be responsible for duties. They shipped the parts and a couple days later the package was at my house. They not only sent the washers but more clamps etc... good thing they did because there was a misaligned welded nut on the last clamp when I was securing it to the roof... frustrating! Great customer service, no duties... yet, and the rack does not whistle like many other racks i've had on previous vehicles. There is substantial wind noise now, but that is to be expected. Also, the bronco definitely feels top heavy now. Overall, price point and quality wise i'm pretty impressed so far. I do however need to figure out a solution for adding wider crossbars to accomodate a canoe and kayak. I was not willing to lose the ability to remove front and second rows of the roof panels, it was the trailrax or mesa, glad I went this route!

Sponsored

Icypu

Everglades
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I really like mine. I just installed it this weekend. There are a lot of m6 screws. I also had a poorly aligned rear rack bracket but Westin provided me some replacement ones that worked. Everything seems solid when its tight.
20240209_152336.jpg

20240209_151445.jpg

Larry Heath

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the height that the rack adds to the top of the Bronco?
Sponsored