First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Lakelife36 .... The "location" of the bump stop plays a factor. "If" the bump stop contact point is out close to the kingpin/spindle, then, yes, you'd be correct. Now... "if" the bump stop contact point is located ..... say .... a third of the way back from the kingpin/spindle... then... the size of the bump stop doesn't have to be as large as the vertical travel that it limits.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ryno

Ryno

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The naked/slurpee/funyuns story was great, but the Ice Cube reference to lead in to the sway bar disconnect was downright genius.
Haha, thanks.

Sapper5

Base
First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer XLT & 2004 Ford Ranger FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Ryno, @Stevegp
Manual doesn’t get trail turn assist or 1 pedal drive , did you run the steep descent in crawl gear ?
Was there any descent assist or was it simply crawl ?
Does it stall if you come to a full stop in crawl ?
You’re the first person I believe to give any real feedback on the MT.
Any and all info you can give will be greatly appreciated.
Trying to get a better understanding of how goat modes work with a MT. My understanding was in most auto cars that any kind of driving mode mostly adjusted shift points in the transmission. I'm sure that goat modes in bronco also affect the engine and transfer case, but I can't wrap my head around how goat modes in a MT have any real effect on driving outside of 4x4 engagement. wondering if the driver explained any of this

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

https://youtube.com/shorts/7D0fChpnKpA

I make no claims about being a good (slightly buzzed) videographer. The video was more obligatory rather than a solid attempt at great TV but hear ya go.
boy thats some good music there! LOL Got any video of the MT shifting through the sands? I would like to hear the motor a bit.

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Ryno, @Stevegp

Trying to get a better understanding of how goat modes work with a MT. My understanding was in most auto cars that any kind of driving mode mostly adjusted shift points in the transmission. I'm sure that goat modes in bronco also affect the engine and transfer case, but I can't wrap my head around how goat modes in a MT have any real effect on driving outside of 4x4 engagement. wondering if the driver explained any of this
Switching to one GOAT mode or another activates 4 high or 4 low, sway bar disconnect, rear locker etc. But yes I get your point w the MT I know in my truck the difference in shift points and RPM drop is noticeable in say sport mode w an auto. Perhaps it holds the RPM up a little longer when you push in the clutch before it drops..therefore if you shift fast enough the RPMs will still be up keeping the turbo spooled up. Or maybe there is no effect on RPM, mealy an more idiot proof way to off road basically all you need to do is turn the dial the computer will activate what 4x4 mode and features would work best for the type of terrain.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I'm understanding your post correctly, you're adding credence to the body lift theory?

I think I follow you and I like your train of thought. I'm going to try to explain this back to you to make sure I'm getting it.

Assuming the tires are true to size, you'd have the extra 1" above the axle as you stated...

Limiting travel by 10mm wouldn't be enough to counteract that 1" difference... because lifting the suspension just get's the center diff off the ground, it doesn't lift the body away from the wheels... you've got another 15mm of tire diameter still to worry about.

So to make room for larger tires, if you're limiting travel by an amount smaller than the increase in tire diameter, either you'd have to lift the body. (Or there's more clearance baked into the BL suspension to begin with and the 33s were never that close to rubbing.)

Man... I can't wait until we actually just know these things for sure.
Yes that's my contribution to the poorly informed conjecture around here, but then His Holiness comes by and puts actual context to numbers and the whole thing flies right back out the window!
@Lakelife36 .... The "location" of the bump stop plays a factor. "If" the bump stop contact point is out close to the kingpin/spindle, then, yes, you'd be correct. Now... "if" the bump stop contact point is located ..... say .... a third of the way back from the kingpin/spindle... then... the size of the bump stop doesn't have to be as large as the vertical travel that it limits.

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"Minimalistic dash" is never a problem. What is a problem is cheap plastics. That is the issue, not the minimalist aesthetic.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hang tight guys didn’t they only say that it was 10mm less travel, and not specify how? So the theory still stands?
Sponsored