Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
:ROFLMAO:

@Ryno thanks for the post update!!! That was freakin hilarious.

As a manual reservation holder, I was sad that there weren't some videos with the manual for ride-a-longs! But you're write-up was good enough to get a decent understanding.

If you read this thread before OP's edit and update, go re-read post #1. Definitely worth it.

Ideas on the rattles in the back...

-Tire changing tools in "trunk"
-Tailgate
-Bottle caps sucked into roll bar bottle opener black hole from too many cold ones...
Sponsored

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are two things I've learned this week. Reports of 2 new broncos revealed at KOH is false. And there are little to no race fans here at 6G. Any king of hammers race post gets 5 pages of posts over a week's time. Yet an unconfirmed speculation of the color green gets 70+ pages of posts.

Carry on.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the first hand review. What's your thoughts on the spicy Funyons? Are they that much hotter?🥵:p

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
any chance you have any more 2 door pics?

These are great.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the write up on the MT! I still haven't put my order in because I was waiting for the updated B&P. I thought my excitement had peaked months ago... You just reignited it. I'm convinced if I STILL want it after 6+ months of waiting without a test drive, I'll have no buyer's remorse. And your write up just validated my build: 2 door Badlands, 2.3L, manual transmission. I have a family but damn, dad his needs his toy! Mom can have the people-mover.

Also you're descriptive humor is great! What's your build going to be?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ryno

Ryno

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for the write up on the MT! I still haven't put my order in because I was waiting for the updated B&P. I thought my excitement had peaked months ago... You just reignited it. I'm convinced if I STILL want it after 6+ months of waiting without a test drive, I'll have no buyer's remorse. And your write up just validated my build: 2 door Badlands, 2.3L, manual transmission. I have a family but damn, dad his needs his toy! Mom can have the people-mover.

Also you're descriptive humor is great! What's your build going to be?
Thank you. I was fortunate enough to reserve an early First Edition so now I'm playing the stock market like a slot machine hoping to help with the purchase 😀.

I ordered an Area51 4 door

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting... can you share some example side-by-sides?

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Interesting... can you share some example side-by-sides?
I found this image from one of the ride threads.
Ford Bronco More Bronco pics from KOH and manual transmission short ride review bronco-33-inch-vs-35-inch-factory-oem-wheels-1-

I noticed it, but never thought about it until it was mentioned here.
You can see the Wildtrak has a bigger gap between the bumper and the panel just below the grill.
It could be camera angle and shadows trickery, but it does look like the Badlands has a smaller gap.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found this image from one of the ride threads.
bronco-33-inch-vs-35-inch-factory-oem-wheels-1-jpg.jpg

I noticed it, but never thought about it until it was mentioned here.
You can see the Wildtrak has a bigger gap between the bumper and the panel just below the grill.
It could be camera angle and shadows trickery, but it does look like the Badlands has a smaller gap.
That’s the picture I thought was being referred to... and I just don’t see it. They legit look exactly the same to me.

I think the difference is just a deeper shadow because of sun angle and the shade of the red is darker than the A51.

But I’m fully prepared to be proven wrong!

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s the picture I thought was being referred to... and I just don’t see it. They legit look exactly the same to me.

I think the difference is just a deeper shadow because of sun angle and the shade of the red is darker than the A51.

But I’m fully prepared to be proven wrong!
Look out towards the edges of the bumper and fender. I thought I was seeing things, also, then I magnified the picture a bit more. It doesn't look like shadows are playing tricks with us on the Badlands.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look out towards the edges of the bumper and fender. I thought I was seeing things, also, then I magnified the picture a bit more. It doesn't look like shadows are playing tricks with us on the Badlands.
I mean, I hear what you’re saying... but man... we sure the angles aren’t distorting things?

Is this a valid theory? That squatch uses different body mounts?

I’m all on board for theories... but I want more evidence.

Ford Bronco More Bronco pics from KOH and manual transmission short ride review 0081D5A8-0764-4E74-BBD4-FE44031416FE
Ford Bronco More Bronco pics from KOH and manual transmission short ride review 0E8C872B-BA8D-4925-8C0B-AD76D4EBF1C3

::EDIT::

New pictures...

Okay, I’m listening.

;)

Ford Bronco More Bronco pics from KOH and manual transmission short ride review 7031C267-9670-48A7-A314-51A13631CC13
Ford Bronco More Bronco pics from KOH and manual transmission short ride review 304AE560-88F7-4BF3-B3D5-5D8F87E4DB7E

Last edited:

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I mean, I hear what you’re saying... but man... we sure the angles aren’t distorting things?

Is this a valid theory? That squatch uses different body mounts?

I’m all on board for theories... but I want more evidence.

Ford Bronco More Bronco pics from KOH and manual transmission short ride review 304AE560-88F7-4BF3-B3D5-5D8F87E4DB7E
I've wondered for a while now, since no one can pin down what the differences are between Sasquatch suspension and Badlands suspension. I mean, a small, reasonable body lift wouldn't seem out of place, would it?
Also, this isn't the first time I've noticed a gap size difference, I think I caught it once or twice in some of Stig's pictures.

I've been thinking that the only thing different in the suspension itself is the longer bump-stops on the Sasquatch. The extra height difference, after you figure in the Sasquatch 35's, could be coming from .500 thicker body mounts. (I'm just tossing theories out at the moment.)

We will only know for sure once the OEM parts catalogs become available.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've wondered for a while now, since no one can pin down what the differences are between Sasquatch suspension and Badlands suspension. I mean, a small, reasonable body lift wouldn't seem out of place, would it?
Also, this isn't the first time I've noticed a gap size difference, I think I caught it once or twice in some of Stig's pictures.

I've been thinking that the only thing different in the suspension itself is the longer bump-stops on the Sasquatch. The extra height difference, after you figure in the Sasquatch 35's, could be coming from .500 thicker body mounts. (I'm just tossing theories out at the moment.)

We will only know for sure once the OEM parts catalogs become available.
Yeah. At first I was like “Pfffff this is crazy talk” but now the more I think about it, the more sense it’s making.

Warning. Wild speculation coming...

Shares Body Mounts:
1. Base - BL
2. Anything Squatched

Shares Suspension:
1. Base - OB
2. BL and anything Squatched.