Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was just installing mine this afternoon. I don’t have all the lights and winch yet, and I didn’t buy the add on bars, but may, will see. I recently put 2.7 SAS shocks on my 2.3 and my front had actually lifted and when I mounted this bumper it dropped about 3/4”.

What slim LED’s did you go with?

Also I need to remove the bumper again and trim the frame ends where the come through the factory mounting plate. The as the bumper will not pull up flush. The sensor hole plugs are a question as well. I have round foam sticky’s but the are the exact size of the sensor hole? Don’t really see a “plug”.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The LED fogs were a challenge for me. I wanted all Baja Designs for all my lights but Baja did not make a light to fit the open slits in wings of bumper. The best fit I could find were the Westin ones but they only came in clear. I wanted amber so I got the Weston ones, took them apart and applied yellow tent to inside of lens. Fogs really don't have to be that bright so the Westin ones are fine I think and not very expensive.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The LED fogs were a challenge for me. I wanted all Baja Designs for all my lights but Baja did not make a light to fit the open slits in wings of bumper. The best fit I could find were the Westin ones but they only came in clear. I wanted amber so I got the Weston ones, took them apart and applied yellow tent to inside of lens. Fogs really don't have to be that bright so the Westin ones are fine I think and not very expensive.

Did you have the issue where the mount can’t sit flat against the factory bumper plate? Also did you have sensors or sensor plugs.

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have the issue where the mount can’t sit flat against the factory bumper plate? Also did you have sensors or sensor plugs.
Haven't mounted it yet as I don't have Bronco yet. It is my understanding that you use the factory sensors that came in your stock bumper. They are held in by a provided clamp. If your rig did not have sensors, then I am guessing you have some type of hardware to plug sensor holes. I think the OP of this thread may be able to help with mount situation.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Rwhite692 how did you get around the frame protrusion and the new bumper pulling flush against this plate?

Also I do not have parking sensors and the kit says it has plugs but I have only found 4 little round sticky disc that are the exact same size as the sensor holes. Trying to figure out how this works with no front parking sensors.

9A9F0279-0704-4934-ABD8-3536E8C9CBB9.jpeg

Sponsored

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure Rwhite692/OP will have a better answer on mounting and if he had plugs in his supplied hardware. I am out of town for Thanksgiving or I would go check my box of supplied hardware out. I will be back home on Tuesday and check it out. When my bronco comes in, if the mounts aren't flush, I will take my grinder and grind it flat. Then spray paint the flats. That looks to be an easy fix. As for as the sensor holes, if none are provided after calling Weston, I would see if I could find a round top bolt size of sensor, cut it right length like thickness of sensor, paint it black and install. Not sure that would work but an idea. See bolt below:
Ford Bronco Westin XTS Front Winch Bumper installed 1669260365321

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure Rwhite692/OP will have a better answer on mounting and if he had plugs in his supplied hardware. I am out of town for Thanksgiving or I would go check my box of supplied hardware out. I will be back home on Tuesday and check it out. When my bronco comes in, if the mounts aren't flush, I will take my grinder and grind it flat. Then spray paint the flats. That looks to be an easy fix. As for as the sensor holes, if none are provided after calling Weston, I would see if I could find a round top bolt size of sensor, cut it right length like thickness of sensor, paint it black and install. Not sure that would work but an idea. See bolt below:
Ford Bronco Westin XTS Front Winch Bumper installed 1669260365321
Good idea on the bolt, may try that tomorrow. The frame I don’t want to grind because you would be grinding where the plate is welded to the frame at the factory. I think I’ll just fab a spacer the thickness of the frame stick out so it will be flush.

Here is a pic after wiring today. Looking for a Black Friday deal on a winch tomorrow.😀

I decided to fill the thin slots with black grill mesh as I’m not crazy about the Westin thin led and really don’t want to cut up the bumper to fit a different pod. Tomorrow I’ll finish mounting my pillar lights as well. Wiring with the Aux switches is a dream. 👍🏻

5CB900FF-B193-4A15-88D7-87B166D9E885.jpeg

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The spacer makes a lot of sense. It looks great.

OP
OP
Rwhite692

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry for the delay in responding, have been busy with work (always seems to get in the way, lol)

I can't speak to the sensor hole-plugging thing, for those that do NOT have parking sensors (I DO have the sensors, and they went right in and are secured with little "L" brackets that come in the kit). There are also little foam discs that come with the kit, but honestly I can't see how those would work too well to plug the holes, for those that do not have parking sensors. You would have to find a better solution. I would definitely call Westin and push them on that point.

As to the frame horns/protrusion at the faces of the bumper mounts, it was very minimal on mine, and didn't present any problems, so I left it alone.

Someone asked about the small horizontal LEDs that I used that are are out towards the ends of the bumper. I used the RIGID ones, with LAMIN-X film on the lenses to make them yellow, which worked great. It is specifically made for this purpose.

For all of the RIGID LED mounting brackets in the bumper, I had to modify the brackets to get the lights to sit exactly right in the openings. It is clear that WESTIN built the bumper with the mounting of their own house brand of Chinesium lighting, in mind. I have a small fab shop so I sectioned and re-welded the RIGID brackets, which was no big deal.

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed the Westin XTS winch bumper on my Wildtrak yesterday, and a few lights... Front camera relocation kit is on its way. (Would have liked to have done that first, but it has been on backorder for a while now).

Winch_1.jpg

Winch_2.jpg

Winch_3.jpg

Winch_4.jpg
Hi, I just wanted to give you an FYI on the Wes
Installed the Westin XTS winch bumper on my Wildtrak yesterday, and a few lights... Front camera relocation kit is on its way. (Would have liked to have done that first, but it has been on backorder for a while now).

Ford Bronco Westin XTS Front Winch Bumper installed 5CB900FF-B193-4A15-88D7-87B166D9E885

Ford Bronco Westin XTS Front Winch Bumper installed 5CB900FF-B193-4A15-88D7-87B166D9E885

Hey, just want to give you an update on the Westin Bumper. Westin has added a couple of brackets to beef up the mounting of our bumpers. I read and saw a video or two on how the aftermarket bumpers bent up and pushed the winch into grill when being towed or used to winch at certain angles. I got concerned and found that DV8 has started making a bracket set to beef up mount on aftermarket bumpers. I decided to check out the Westin instructions on line to see if any changes had been made with the mounting hardware and what do you know, the new bumper now includes new hardware for mounting. Pull up the instillation instructions on line at the Westin website and take a look. I called Westin and they sent me a set of the missing hardware for free. I am going to install this weekend. Doesn't look like that big a deal. Hope this helps.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rwhite692

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi, I just wanted to give you an FYI on the Wes

Hey, just want to give you an update on the Westin Bumper. Westin has added a couple of brackets to beef up the mounting of our bumpers. I read and saw a video or two on how the aftermarket bumpers bent up and pushed the winch into grill when being towed or used to winch at certain angles. I got concerned and found that DV8 has started making a bracket set to beef up mount on aftermarket bumpers. I decided to check out the Westin instructions on line to see if any changes had been made with the mounting hardware and what do you know, the new bumper now includes new hardware for mounting. Pull up the instillation instructions on line at the Westin website and take a look. I called Westin and they sent me a set of the missing hardware for free. I am going to install this weekend. Doesn't look like that big a deal. Hope this helps.

Hey man, thanks. I didn't think that there was really any deficiency in how the XTS bumper is mounted and constructed, ie. the thickness of the steel, etc etc, but, additional reinforcements certainly can't hurt! I will reach out to them as well. Thank you!

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey man, thanks. I didn't think that there was really any deficiency in how the XTS bumper is mounted and constructed, ie. the thickness of the steel, etc etc, but, additional reinforcements certainly can't hurt! I will reach out to them as well. Thank you!
You bet! Glad to help. It is the thin flats on the end of frame that lacks in strength. The new brackets and flat steel spacer fixes it. Westin sent me two brackets, two steel flat spacers, and the hardware to mount.

Krak-A-Pat

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks awesome! I have one in my garage all set up just waiting to get my Bronco. Great to see one on your rig.
What ambers did you ise in the side pockets?

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Krak-A-Pat

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Every light I put on my rig is Baja Designs with the exception of this one. This Weston in the link below is what I used. I bought some amber film, disassembled lights, put film on inside of lens and reassembled. They fir great and you don't want too bright on your fogs anyway. Good luck! See link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VO5JGEG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ahh ok i got the same ones. And i got some Bd pods for where the ACC is. Now just wondering if i got light bar on the too or two rounds 🤔
Sponsored