Sponsored

What’s a fair Dealer Markup for a purchase from the lot?

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, I wouldn't pay anything above the MSRP. To me, that is fair to the dealer and fair to the purchaser at this moment. As far as negating ADM with trade in value, that's the same as cash coming out of your pocket. The difference is that cash is in the form of an asset that you own. That dealer is willing to pay that trade in price because they are going to mark it up again. Take that trade in value and be patient. What you are looking for is out there for MSRP or will be very soon. Have your cake and eat it too... Just my opinion and ymmv.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fair markup, if you are not willing to pay MSRP is $500 over invoice.
$500 over invoice would be more than MSRP for some of us.

On my build the spread between MSRP and invoice is around $427.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
$0.00
Say no to dealers Mark up!

That's should be a huge campaign

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It depends what you want to afford. $10k is an absurd ADM normally but in 21' its just slightly higher than average. If you can cover it and really want the car go for it. Don't listen to some of the people on here, they're the same ones every year when the cost of going to the Superbowl comes out comment about how they'd rather watch from their couch on their big screen because the beer is cheaper and the bathroom is closer.

OP
OP
Mgro

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll give you a $10 for two $50s…SMH

if you’re seriously asking what a ‘fair’ ADM is, followed up with you have the money and are willing to pay it, then why bother asking the question in the first place?

Do you require group validation before deciding to take a dump as well?
no, but a lot of people in this forum have a seemingly better read on production than I do. You care about my question as much as I care about your childish insult. It’s more a market question, I was describing the situation as I see it (higher prices on cars overall, that’s why I mentioned my trade in) and using the group on this site, who have seriously impressive “behind the scenes” knowledge on production and the like, to see if if I might be mistaken. It’s strange that you are on a forum, yet are so upset by someone using the forum for what it’s made for…. The title isn’t misleading, you clicked it and read this far, nobody made you.

Sponsored

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

0$ ADM is fair. Even in this market there are deals, you just have to look for them. Ive said it here and in the JL Forums. I ordered a 392 from Chapman in Horsham PA for 11-12% MSRP when other dealers in my local area were charging 15-30k over sticker. Do your research and compare.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, you’re an idiot. It’s just a car, practice some patience.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
0$ ADM is fair. Even in this market there are deals, you just have to look for them. Ive said it here and in the JL Forums. I ordered a 392 from Chapman in Horsham PA for 11-12% MSRP when other dealers in my local area were charging 15-30k over sticker. Do your research and compare.
I sold my car for 9K in profit and saved 9K on my Gladiator. Paying more for a car makes you stupid.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, like has been said. I know 2 dealers who have Broncos on their lots with the stickers removed and them putting go to market prices. They still have them to this day and I will not pick up the phone to make an inquiry into just how much over MSRP they want. I could care less if they sit there for 10 years and they eventually close their doors. I have no idea how some dealers survive on selling 5-10 cars a month right now but guess they do.

I am holding out for the EV or Hybrid Bronco which the President of Ford said should be out sometime in 2022. The price of gas is ridiculous and under the current administration will do nothing but increase. When I do put my order in it will be from the one dealership that I trust the most and it will be the 1k off MSRP deal.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s more a market question, I was describing the situation as I see it
And you're seeing it correctly. I haven't been watching the sales closely, but it "feels" like median Bronco markups are in the 5k to 10K range.

You read this forum and you'll see lots of comments like "you won't see your Bronco until 2024!" and "I just sold my 2019 car for more than I paid for it", so you know it's a sellers market and everyone here seems to understands that. Why they bash someone who pays a markup to get their Bronco now is beyond me.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know 2 dealers who have Broncos on their lots with the stickers removed and them putting go to market prices. They still have them to this day
If they had them at market prices, they would not still be sitting there. They would be sold. The market price is whatever they will sell at.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$500 over invoice would be more than MSRP for some of us.

On my build the spread between MSRP and invoice is around $427.
That is absolutely NOT true. Having been a sales manager at a very large Ford dealership in Colorado: NOPE. No way- unless you are NOT a private party (consumer) buyer and are bragging about some form of insider sale.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If they had them at market prices, they would not still be sitting there. They would be sold. The market price is whatever they will sell at.
Nope the market price is whatever a person is willing to pay. I could buy any Bronco I wanted too for any amount that would make me an idiot. I could care if I have one now or in 2 years from now. I will not pay anything more than MSRP, and the only reason I have not pulled the trigger on one now is because I want the EV/ Hybrid they have been promising the market.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope the market price is whatever a person is willing to pay.
No, that's just your price. All you have described is what YOU are willing to do. The market is everyone. When a buyer and seller meet, that's a market. You can stay all day long at MSRP, but if Broncos are being bought and sold at 5K over MSRP, that's the current market price. If a dealer puts too high of a price on a Bronco, it will just sit there (as you said) because he's asking an "above market" price and can't find a buyer. If he lowers his selling price, he will eventually find a buyer. We already know that you will buy it at MSRP, so that's the floor. Now would someone be willing to pay $500 over? $1,000 over? $2500 over? Who knows.