Sponsored

What’s a fair Dealer Markup for a purchase from the lot?

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw a Decked out wildtrack for sale locally so I decided to stop in and check it out. $30k markup, there’s no way. I spoke with one of the salesmen, told him I was a late order (June ‘21) and that if I saw one in inventory at a reasonable price I might buy early. He said he’d look into trying to sell it to me at only $10k markup. Sticker was $59k and some change, would put the purchase price in the $69k range. Would I I be crazy to pay that much?

my gut says, absolutely, I’d be a nut to pay that. On the other hand, car prices are soaring, I can trade my 4Runner in for $10k more than I paid for it (verified true), maybe this is just the direction we’re headed for the next couple of years. Any thoughts from the bronco community? Standing by to be told
I’m an idiot for even considering it… meme for tribute…

Ford Bronco What’s a fair Dealer Markup for a purchase from the lot? 3F42B233-CB63-4AFC-BB71-1B933B052EAD
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOL.... What's fair... No markup, that's what's fair. He's the one with it stuck on his lot. He doesn't want to keep it, he wants to sell it.

He's not your friend, he's not doing you any favors, and he doesn't want you to leave without emptying your pockets as much as possible. Try remembering that.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I mean, if you can afford it, and don't mind the wallet rape. go knock yourself silly man.

But know that every single time someone like you does this, it reinforces the ADM model directly, and confirms that much more to a dealer that they can get away with it.

...thus fucking everyone else who either 1) refuses to take part in this, or 2) can't afford to.

To each their own, but know that your actions in this scenario affect more than just you.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In addition to anyone that pays msrp.
It just means you can’t negotiate.
In regards to Bronco I feel like MSRP is acceptable but fortunately I have an early reservation and am buying at a below invoice dealer. It's saving me about $4000.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In regards to Bronco I feel like MSRP is acceptable but fortunately I have an early reservation and am buying at a below invoice dealer. It's saving me about $4000.
When will you get your Bronco?

I really believe that MSRP is fair to both seller/buyer. I am sympathetic to dealers selling less cars with the same overhead. I am also 10000% orders going for anything but MSRP or below.

The spread between "invoice" "Xplan" and MSRP isn't much these days. Its like $1400-2000 on a fully loaded Badlands/WIldtrak/FE. I did and feel 100% comfortable going with at MSRP large dealer and I have two Broncos built in 2021.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As other's have said, $0 markup is what I would consider "fair". BUT that's just not realistic in this market. Probably going to be an unpopular opinion on this forum... but it really isn't realistic to find a Bronco on the lot with zero markup. I wish it was... but it really isn't.

If you can get it for a markup of $2,000 or less, it's honestly a pretty good deal right now. For a lower trim (Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond), my cutoff would be $3,000 markup. For upper trim (Outer Banks, Badlands, Wildtrak), my cutoff would be $5,000. And if I'm paying markup it has to be close to the Bronco I actually want.

But for the majority of us that ordered their Bronco and didn't pick it off the lot... don't settle for anything other than $0 markup. Most of us will be waiting for 8 - 18 months for this thing, and paying dealer markup for a vehicle that took around a year or more to arrive is insane.

OP
OP
Mgro

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As other's have said, $0 markup is what I would consider "fair". BUT that's just not realistic in this market. Probably going to be an unpopular opinion on this forum... but it really isn't realistic to find a Bronco on the lot with zero markup. I wish it was... but it really isn't.

If you can get it for a markup of $2,000 or less, it's honestly a pretty good deal right now. For a lower trim (Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond), my cutoff would be $3,000 markup. For upper trim (Outer Banks, Badlands, Wildtrak), my cutoff would be $5,000. And if I'm paying markup it has to be close to the Bronco I actually want.

But for the majority of us that ordered their Bronco and didn't pick it off the lot... don't settle for anything other than $0 markup. Most of us will be waiting for 8 - 18 months for this thing, and paying dealer markup for a vehicle that took around a year or more to arrive is insane.
Thank you, I agree with you 100%, wouldn’t pay over for my reservation, but it is tempting, knowing the market will allow me to recoup my
Losses on my trade in. I think it is a total crapshoot whether or not the supply Chain catches up within the next two years

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, if you can afford it, and don't mind the wallet rape. go knock yourself silly man.

But know that every single time someone like you does this, it reinforces the ADM model directly, and confirms that much more to a dealer that they can get away with it.

...thus fucking everyone else who either 1) refuses to take part in this, or 2) can't afford to.

To each their own, but know that your actions in this scenario affect more than just you.
this-ukodor.gif
Sponsored