Sponsored

What’s the best route I should go for my lift?

Aaron james

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 22 badlands sas 2.7 and I do a lot of off-road on the beach and some around trails
, looking for a lift to give me a little more height but at the same time have good ride quality any recommendations I don’t wanna go higher then 4 inch lift kinda new to this lol.
Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In similar shoes. At first I was thinking King. But then I thought overkill. Then thought Fox, again overkill. Same reason as King. Way too expensive for what I would be doing (trails, overloading, slight rock crawling but nothing where I would be smashing the vehicle). Then thought Icon. Slightly cheaper than King and Fox but still, overkill.

At this point I am between three options. Actually use the stock sas suspension for a bit...or one of the two below...

Eibach Pro-Truck Coilover Lift Kit
Belltech Trail Performance 0-4" Coilover Lift Kit

They are affordable and will accomplish my use cases. Will not have to upgrade the UCA but can at a future date if I have/find a need for the extra performance. From what I have read on the forum, people with the Eibach kit are extremely happy. Have not ready any personal reviews for the Belltech but they are supposed to be similar/comparable if not mistaken. Hope that helps. You might have different use cases/needs.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Icon stage 3 is worth looking into, on sale right now and was on the more affordable side for a coil over setup with uca's. I also added the rear track bar and really happy with it.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can the Eibach be installed in the driveway by a fairly competent a well equipped DIY'er ?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can the Eibach be installed in the driveway by a fairly competent a well equipped DIY'er ?

Any coilover can be swapped out by yourself in the driveway with no problem. The problem happens when a certain lift requires you to disassemble and reassemble your coilovers. Most people don't have proper spring compressors and there is no way I would use the cheap part store loaners.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aaron james

Aaron james

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In similar shoes. At first I was thinking King. But then I thought overkill. Then thought Fox, again overkill. Same reason as King. Way too expensive for what I would be doing (trails, overloading, slight rock crawling but nothing where I would be smashing the vehicle). Then thought Icon. Slightly cheaper than King and Fox but still, overkill.

At this point I am between three options. Actually use the stock sas suspension for a bit...or one of the two below...

Eibach Pro-Truck Coilover Lift Kit
Belltech Trail Performance 0-4" Coilover Lift Kit

They are affordable and will accomplish my use cases. Will not have to upgrade the UCA but can at a future date if I have/find a need for the extra performance. From what I have read on the forum, people with the Eibach kit are extremely happy. Have not ready any personal reviews for the Belltech but they are supposed to be similar/comparable if not mistaken. Hope that helps. You might have different use cases/needs.
Literally was just looking at bell tech to didn’t see many reviews on them icon I’ve heard a lot of people running them ,do I have to worry about tie rods and CVs looking to run 37s as well

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any coilover can be swapped out by yourself in the driveway with no problem. The problem happens when a certain lift requires you to disassemble and reassemble your coilovers. Most people don't have proper spring compressors and there is no way I would use the cheap part store loaners.
Yeah, so funny story about that. Getting one apart was fairly easy, but putting it back together... Thought we had a few more threads on, and now the apartment complex has what appears to be an additional bullet hole in the brick exterior. Took me, the owner, and the owners girlfriend (which outweighed both of us combined) to compress that enough to try again. We did it, and thanked every higher diety we only needed to do one.

Be smart kids. Right tool for the job makes life suck less.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Literally was just looking at bell tech to didn’t see many reviews on them icon I’ve heard a lot of people running them ,do I have to worry about tie rods and CVs looking to run 37s as well
I think that if your going to 37s then UCA are highly recommended. If your staying 35, then you can get buy with the factory UCA.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 22 badlands sas 2.7 and I do a lot of off-road on the beach and some around trails
, looking for a lift to give me a little more height but at the same time have good ride quality any recommendations I don’t wanna go higher then 4 inch lift kinda new to this lol.
Go with the ford performance 2” suspension lift.
have an off-road shop install it. Pretty much perfect for your application
Sponsored