Sponsored

What aftermarket speakers does everyone recommend ?

Mikedanalexa1

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Adding a kicker key, mabett 6.5 rear pods , 8” kicker powered sub. What speakers does everyone recommend ?
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hertz is a good brand.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Depends on your budget. But Kicker and Alpines are very solid. You can go way up from there in price. I bought Alpines for speakers and Kicker for subs. I have a soft top and knew I wanted clear and loud…. especially with top Off. I didn’t go high end because I figured the soft top wouldn’t work too well with high end speakers. However, I bet they would still sound really good.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A good set of quality Audison speakers will take your sound to the next level. They will cost you more than your typical middle of the road speakers, but they will definitely provide you with an unbelievable sound.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kicker, Alpine, Hertz, or JBL Infinity.

I wouldn’t go super high quality. The Kicker Key 200.4 is good, but it isn’t that good, and if you get top-of-the-line speakers the Kicker Key will have a hard time driving them. Particularly the front speakers since they share a channel.

Each brand is kind of different in how they structure their product lines, but if we are talking Kicker speakers I would pick either the Kicker CS or the Kicker KS coaxials. The Kicker QS series is a little too high on the totem pole for the Kicker Key 200.4.

Sponsored

SlpybearTX

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Race Red Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Regardless of which top you have, or if you have it off, the Bronco is a LOUD soundstage on the road. Whatever you choose, it’s going to sound much different on the highway than in your garage. With that much road noise I would suggest you can go with good solid Alpine, Ininity, etc. replacements to get it done. You can certainly spend much more on Focals and others, it I think you may get into dimenishing returns considering the road noise.

I opted for Alpine S-S40’s to replace my dash speakers. Kicker RT Sun in the Factory enclosure. I’m very happy.

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed Skar, very good price and great sound.

Last edited:

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Kicker KS speakers and am pretty happy with them - especially the 6.5s.

I have kind of come to the realization that you can dress this system up as much as you want, but at the end of the day its only going to sound so good (unless you really go ALL in). The accoustics, road noise, wind noise, speaker placement, etc just don't provide a super great listening experience.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Adding a kicker key, mabett 6.5 rear pods , 8” kicker powered sub. What speakers does everyone recommend ?
i went with co axle alpine deck & back pods and 6" alpines in kickers down low
mti tailgate box with 10" kicker sub box to small for 12" i thought
a 5 channel amp with processor
and its clear and loud with top and doors off and real affordable

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I am not expert but I believe Hertz and audison are the same company anf Infinity and JBL are the same company. They may have slightly different speakers like the tweeters are a different material but otherwise the same.

Sponsored

amurphy9276

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did a full DS-18 build on my ram 1500. It has been the best sounding system I have ever had. I am looking at doing this build in my Bronco, just the door speakers alone so loud and clear.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did a full DS-18 build on my ram 1500. It has been the best sounding system I have ever had. I am looking at doing this build in my Bronco, just the door speakers alone so loud and clear.
Kick panels😉, there aren’t any speaking in the doors.

Wizbangdoodle

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've always been a fan of JL Audio gear. Great sounding and not astronomical prices.

halpy28

Black Diamond
First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus gs 350 f sport, acura ilx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am in the process of redoing my whole audio system. JL audio C2-400x top of dash & pods, JL C2-650X kick panels, MTI sub box with JL 12TW3-D4 sub in tailgate. JL amp with DSP. Will bi-wire speakers to make into component for better channel separation and sound stage. I would have preferred Focal speakers but they do not make a 4 inch coaxial. The issue I am told is if you go 6.5 component in kick panels and tweeter up top is there is too big a gap to get it time aligned with the DSP, that is why I am going coaxial and bi-wiring, this is as close as you can get to component sound. For less money plugnplay kits has a system for $1770 that will give you a nice set up. MTI has stage 1-2-3 for the bronco that i think is very good except they do it all with component speakers.
Sponsored