Sponsored

what are the features of the Modular Hard top on a 2 door?

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Edit -found the answer to my question after posting it.... Oops
https://thebronconation.com/bronco-modular-hard-top-design/

and thanks to @F OR D for posting the good video below too.

OK, stupid question, but I didn't reserve until July 2021 so I never really researched the modular hard top features (decided in July 2020 that the Bronco was cost prohibitive and didn't want to commit until I sat in and drove one....)

I've been searching threads and trying to figure out what features the 2 door modular hard top boasts over a regular Mic top besides being painted. The problem is that - mod top and modular hard top features - are pretty widely used terms on this board.

I "think" the side windows might be removable, but other than that, I am clueless.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, I think I found an answer to my question on the "other" forum. Oops. premature thread warning!

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can't even see the modular hard top option on the Ford website. Where are you seeing it?

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't even see the modular hard top option on the Ford website. Where are you seeing it?
It's only available on the Heritage and Heritage Limited editions if I'm reading it correctly.

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't even think the side windows are removable anymore with the MOD top. Only available in white for HE & HLE.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Edit -found the answer to my question after posting it.... Oops
https://thebronconation.com/bronco-modular-hard-top-design/

and thanks to @F OR D for posting the good video below too.

OK, stupid question, but I didn't reserve until July 2021 so I never really researched the modular hard top features (decided in July 2020 that the Bronco was cost prohibitive and didn't want to commit until I sat in and drove one....)

I've been searching threads and trying to figure out what features the 2 door modular hard top boasts over a regular Mic top besides being painted. The problem is that - mod top and modular hard top features - are pretty widely used terms on this board.

I "think" the side windows might be removable, but other than that, I am clueless.
It also adds the removable sunroof or hatch for easy access your 50 caliber machine gun on the roof

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't even think the side windows are removable anymore with the MOD top. Only available in white for HE & HLE.
Correct. Windows are fixed now. For the 2-dr, they gain the turret/port hole in the rear clam shell. Of course, the actual construction of the top is different than the MIC and it will be much heavier/sturdier than the MIC.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, stupid question, but I didn't reserve until July 2021 so I never really researched the modular hard top features
As a human who has been waiting for YEARS for the mod top, this portion of your post makes me think things better left unsaid.

RIP MOD top. RIP.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

look for it in 2024!

You know what would be "convenient" for customers? MAKE THE DANG MOD TOP, friend. Sorry. I'm very mad/sad that I've been waiting for my order for years and Ford STILL does not have my top available.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Correct. Windows are fixed now. For the 2-dr, they gain the turret/port hole in the rear clam shell. Of course, the actual construction of the top is different than the MIC and it will be much heavier/sturdier than the MIC.
Thanks, was wondering about that, iirc there was a post months ago and it didn't show the removable windows in the diagram. Honestly I'm good with it though, not really a feature I felt I'd ever use. Now if the aftermarket would design some sliders I'd be all over that.
Sponsored