Sponsored

Moonroof / donut hole on the 2 door hard top at Celebration?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What? When/where?
So Ive looked into this. My source was a guy on Facebook who said a Ford rep told him at the media day the removable glass was for the 4 door only. Your source was a guy on here who said a Ford rep told him it was for both. The guy who works at the top maker isn't sure. I'm going to file this under not verified yet. Looking at the two tops, its easy to see why the two door might not be removable, its is pretty damn big. Without the removable glass on the 4 door they would have nothing to call it "modular", the molded plastic and painted tops would function the same. Hopefully it is removable on the 2 door, and with a couple differences between the molded and modular top, calling it modular would make more sense.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Ive looked into this. My source was a guy on Facebook who said a Ford rep told him at the media day the removable glass was for the 4 door only. Your source was a guy on here who said a Ford rep told him it was for both. The guy who works at the top maker isn't sure. I'm going to file this under not verified yet. Looking at the two tops, its easy to see why the two door might not be removable, its is pretty damn big. Without the removable glass on the 4 door they would have nothing to call it "modular", the molded plastic and painted tops would function the same. Hopefully it is removable on the 2 door, and with a couple differences between the molded and modular top, calling it modular would make more sense.
Like a lot of Bronco things, this one will get filed under "we'll see" for the time being. (y)

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nice eye; I glossed over those pictures. Aren't the other panels, like the front two, just pivoting latches?
I am actually with you in this one, I’d prefer a full (One piece with hinged rear window)removable top with a power sunroof.

The front t tops on the Wrangler are a pain to remove, so they don’t get removed much. The Bronco’s just has dog latches so may be easier.

That gunner hatch screw latch thing looks like a head knocker to me.

Does the two door have the convertible front section thing from Bestop?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the two door have the convertible front section thing from Bestop?
It should fit 2-door and 4-door like on a Jeep. I can't imagine Ford would use different freedom panels for each.

But on the other hand, Ford used different doors for each...

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I didn't read through all 4 pages for this thread, but I asked this question through a Bronco Nation rep attendee at Super Cel W and they said the "gun turret" or hatch on the 2-door comes with the modular Black Shadow painted roof. However, the hatch cannot be taken off with the Trail Rig or Yakima roof rack.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is not true. The 2-door will have removable windows on the modular roof. So much disinformation on this site. :rolleyes:
Hey there skippy, any “disinformation“ is coming from Ford, not me.

Like a lot of Bronco things, this one will get filed under "we'll see" for the time being. (y)
Not looking good fo removable glass on the 2 door, from today’s Q&A:

Q. Rear windows in the modular top for the 2-door, are they removable as shown in the 4-door modular hard top?

A: No, the rear windows in the 2door are not removable.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Q. Rear windows in the modular top for the 2-door, are they removable as shown in the 4-door modular hard top?

Yeah, I saw that. Bummer for the 2-door folks :(

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yeah, I saw that. Bummer for the 2-door folks :(
Well, if Ford doesn't offer the mod top in white or at least body color for the 2 door then they just saved me $1900. I don't ever see myself using the hatch (or really the side windows either). If the MIC top can be painted white somehow that would be the easiest way to go.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, if Ford doesn't offer the mod top in white or at least body color for the 2 door then they just saved me $1900. I don't ever see myself using the hatch (or really the side windows either). If the MIC top can be painted white somehow that would be the easiest way to go.
Or maybe some white LineX

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not true. The 2-door will have removable windows on the modular roof. So much disinformation on this site. :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree. This was asked today at the Q&A....

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I apologize. I was told the exact opposite by the rep I spoke to. The 2-door I saw did not have removable windows, but the rep insisted that they would be in the production model. The new information does not bode well for this.

Sorry for coming off like a jerk.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I apologize. I was told the exact opposite by the rep I spoke to. The 2-door I saw did not have removable windows, but the rep insisted that they would be in the production model. The new information does not bode well for this.

Sorry for coming off like a jerk.
Hey it’s all good bro. No need to apologize, don’t blame you one bit if they told you that directly. And I believed what they said in a media interview. It’s annoying the different information and lack of information on some of this stuff.

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope there is a painted, non-modular top available.

Two door Broncos getting screwed again.
Sponsored