First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big week for the Bronco. Ceramic coating and new stereo. Stereo was an absolute must with the base system. Now it rocks! Under the lights at the detail shop I was shocked at the several defects in the paint we found. Several 'splotches' under the clear coat. Pretty sloppy from the factory, especially for an 'upgraded' color.

I have some AR DNA badges that will go on in a week or two. Just want to give the ceramic extra cure time.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  tempImageuHViSC

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  tempImagerKzOVa

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  tempImageworpGo
Sponsored

therealsteffenj

Black Diamond
First Name
Steffen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Added the matte black β€œtuffskinz” lettering to my grille. I like the way it mutes the white and makes almost like a 3D effect. β€œRaptor” grille lights are next then the front end will be done for a while. At least that’s what I told my wife .. lol

IMG_3671.jpeg

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big week for the Bronco. Ceramic coating and new stereo. Stereo was an absolute must with the base system. Now it rocks! Under the lights at the detail shop I was shocked at the several defects in the paint we found. Several 'splotches' under the clear coat. Pretty sloppy from the factory, especially for an 'upgraded' color.

I have some AR DNA badges that will go on in a week or two. Just want to give the ceramic extra cure time.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3671

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3671

Beautiful! Looks really sharp. I didn't think I was into the red but yours looks great.

Curious - will the AR DNA badges "stick" on the ceramic well? I assume they go on with 3m tape or something similar. How will you prepare the surface? Did you think about putting them on first and then the ceramic around them? Presumably they worked around the "Bronco horse" on the tailgate?

Thanks.

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are these no longer available?

Sponsored

Dover

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Beautiful! Looks really sharp. I didn't think I was into the red but yours looks great.

Curious - will the AR DNA badges "stick" on the ceramic well? I assume they go on with 3m tape or something similar. How will you prepare the surface? Did you think about putting them on first and then the ceramic around them? Presumably they worked around the "Bronco horse" on the tailgate?

Thanks.
I appreciate it. I actually haven't been a fan of red vehicles but this 'Hot Pepper Red' is such a cool color with how much it changes in the light I ended up pulling the trigger. I've never had a vehicle where I've had so many people walk up and the first comment is a complement on the color.

As far as the AR badges the instructions say that they stick to any surface to include ceramic. I decided I would rather have the ceramic on the paint then put the adhesive over it. The hardest part was having the patience to not put them on. And they go on each side front quarter panel just like the old broncos.

Dover

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

aramirez1465

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20230929_132817

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20230929_132817

Be careful, if you try to install an emblem or decal or something with double side tape the ceramic coat don't let them stick or bond strong and you can loose you emblem. Ask to where you buy this and ask if you can install over ceramic coat.

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Are you going to get the paint defects fixed under warranty? I only ask because I have an area of β€œfish eyes” on the bottom of one of the doors that’s definitely a factory thing. Also some panels don’t line up perfectly, but overall these things are relatively minor and I’m not sure it’s worth the trouble of having it repaired. Especially if they make things worse.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3747

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3753

therealsteffenj

Black Diamond
First Name
Steffen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you going to get the paint defects fixed under warranty? I only ask because I have an area of β€œfish eyes” on the bottom of one of the doors that’s definitely a factory thing. Also some panels don’t line up perfectly, but overall these things are relatively minor and I’m not sure it’s worth the trouble of having it repaired. Especially if they make things worse.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3753

I thought my β€œthread/hair” was bad when I got my paint correction done. But I wasn’t aware anything could be done about it. Also the tailgate has bubbles under the paint as well as a few minor spots too! Following…

IMG_3590.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 10.58.41 AM.jpeg

Dover

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably not. I thought about it initially but realize I only found it because of the amazing lights in the detail garage. When I've tried to capture in pictures it's hard to get due to the depth of the paint. My guess is I will be the only person that notices it.

Yours looks like a bit more than what I have though!
Sponsored