Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, β€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Of course I valet'd my Bronco last night at a very upscale restaurant (Only option, but super professional valets).

Get on the highway, RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE

The loudest rattle I've ever had, like something was about to fall off. It was pitch black, and the noise seemed to be coming from my hardtop.

The parking deck was 6'8" which I clear, I didn't see any scraps on my roof rack, but I just took it off and will drive on the highway to check if the noise still persists.
Sponsored

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I got a new set of Methods and prefer flush-style center caps to what I refer to as ice cream cone center caps. It's just a cleaner look, IMO. The problem is Method only makes black flush caps and I went with a silver wheel. So I Frankensteined parts from two different center caps and made my own.

Before and after:

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_1415

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_1416

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, β€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Of course I valet'd my Bronco last night at a very upscale restaurant (Only option, but super professional valets).

Get on the highway, RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE

The loudest rattle I've ever had, like something was about to fall off. It was pitch black, and the noise seemed to be coming from my hardtop.

The parking deck was 6'8" which I clear, I didn't see any scraps on my roof rack, but I just took it off and will drive on the highway to check if the noise still persists.
Update: I didn’t see any damage but the noise definitely was from the roof rack.

Reinforcing to be very careful valeting a rig with a roof rack. I knew this already, but knew I cleared the deck by several inches. I bet the valet backed in and smacked a low hanging pipe or something.

Sponsored

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Attached a Factor 55 ProLink original shackle mount to my winch, as well as their Hawse Fairhead 1.5" to my winch mount.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0637
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0638
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0639
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0640
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0641
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0642

Last edited:

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_1566

wired my @DV8offroad license plate thanks to the JCR relocation YouTube help, a T - connector, and a tasty 🍺 from Alpharetta, GA

by way I don’t hear any rattle in my sub area with the trim off…I think all that put the kill Mat on may be wasting time if it’s the trim itself making the rattle

Last edited:

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_1566

wired my @DV8offroad license plate thanks to the JCR relocation YouTube help, a T - connector, and a tasty 🍺 from Alpharetta, GA

by way I don’t hear any rattle in my sub area with the trim off…I think all that out the kill Mat on may be wasting time if it’s the trim itself making the rattle
The Kilmat killed my rattle but I put it everywhere that the trim panel comes in contact with.
That license plate relocation is on my list of future upgrades .

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Kilmat killed my rattle but I put it everywhere that the trim panel comes in contact with.
That license plate relocation is on my list of future upgrades .
Ahh..that make more sense thanks! Hey did you put Polyfill in your sub? I might do that while I have this taken apart

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

by way I don’t hear any rattle in my sub area with the trim off…I think all that out the kill Mat on may be wasting time if it’s the trim itself making the rattle
Question about the lic relo: where does the wire pass from the exterior to interior. I have the RC kit and instructions aren't clear.

Sponsored

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahh..that make more sense thanks! Hey did you put Polyfill in your sub? I might do that while I have this taken apart
Yes I did. I have no idea if it made a difference or not since I did it all at once but all the rattle is now gone. I also put kilmat on the outside panel too to stop the enclosure from rattling it too.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question about the lic relo: where does the wire pass from the exterior to interior. I have the RC kit and instructions aren't clear.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_1565

this is how I did it, I came thru the rubber boot on the gate, and was not going to go through the vent flap that most do because that’s how you get 🐁 and 🐝 in your tailgate IMO when that flap is propped open

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

BD Squadron Pros on A pillar, DD SS3 Amber Pro fogs, DD 6" Amber bar chase light. BB Bushing and Billet housing. Accutune Kings with Icon Tubular UCAs and tie rods.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_1565
So tell me... How does it ride compared to the Blisteins???

I see Accutune talked you into the ICON UCA as well. They were telling me that they had better success with alignment using the ICON vs their other offerings. I have the package sitting in my garage and I would love to here how you like them and how you think they ride differently.

MikeOBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aprilia V4 Tuono
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So tell me... How does it ride compared to the Blisteins???

I see Accutune talked you into the ICON UCA as well. They were telling me that they had better success with alignment using the ICON vs their other offerings. I have the package sitting in my garage and I would love to here how you like them and how you think they ride differently.
Well, unfortunately I've only driven it 50 miles of freeway since the swap, so not much data to.give any kind of meaningful review. Initial impression is the ride is not a whole lot different from Bilsteins (that's a good thing). Accutune used a softer Eibach spring in front of my fairly light 2 dr Bronco, so it may be different from the 4 dr. I had already purchased the Icon UCAs before deciding on Accutune based on info I gathered on this forum.
Hopefully I'll get some off-roading in over the Holidays to test out the Kings

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well, unfortunately I've only driven it 50 miles of freeway since the swap, so not much data to.give any kind of meaningful review. Initial impression is the ride is not a whole lot different from Bilsteins (that's a good thing). Accutune used a softer Eibach spring in front of my fairly light 2 dr Bronco, so it may be different from the 4 dr. I had already purchased the Icon UCAs before deciding on Accutune based on info I gathered on this forum.
Hopefully I'll get some off-roading in over the Holidays to test out the Kings
I too have a two door.... and well they talked me into (lots of questioning on my part) the ICON UCAs because they felt they had a much easier time with alignments (camber and caster) when pairing the Kings with the Icons. So according to them you made a wise choice on the UCA.

I heard all of the Kings are now using Ebach springs... ( a rumor I heard) because they were having some durability issues with the springs they were making in house. I do not know if that is true or not.

So you are saying that Accutune specifically went to a softer spring for you? Mine is one of the heavier 2 doors but I am not loaded out with aftermarket weight (bumpers, winch, etc.)

It will be a little while before I get mine installed... waiting on some additional parts that I hope will be shipping soon. Would prefer to tear it all down one time and go through only one alignment.
Sponsored