Sponsored

What do you see from your office window?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When I was living on a family farm my BIL and I took down and sawed several thousand bf of poplar, cherry, walnut, hard and soft maple along with some custom sawing for other folks. Have not had the mill running for several years but still do some veneering/wood butchering when I have time. I really appreciate unique and figured wood, especially in softwoods. Neat how diverse the careers of members are. Never figured bigmeats for a wood guy.
Yes we try to provide alot of highly figured quilt and fiddleback veneer logs for guitar companies. Curly Walnut too. Tough to find. I think gold might be easier. I do enjoy all the crazy new places I go weekly to find them tho.
Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is near Sanderson
Nice! I knew that terrain looked familiar. I've done a lot of flying out in that area for ranchers, mostly between Dryden/Pandale/Langtry. One of the ranchers gave me permission to take my Bronco wheeling on his place, haven't taken him up on the offer yet, would like to get her in shape for that kind of rugged terrain. Some really awesome scenery and history crammed into that tiny bit of land. There's a guy out by Dryden that's an excellent flintknapper, he makes ridiculously nice twisted Pandale points from agates and anything else knappable he finds.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes we try to provide alot of highly figured quilt and fiddleback veneer logs for guitar companies. Curly Walnut too. Tough to find. I think gold might be easier. I do enjoy all the crazy new places I go weekly to find them tho.
If I was born 150 years ago, this would be my career field. Not great at grading lumber but throwing a log on the mill and opening it up is akin to gold panning, never know what you're going to see. We got a few butt and second cut white oak from a cemetery a long time ago that were about 48". Knew there was metal in them due to the staining but we quartered them with a chain saw and after about 6 bands, were getting the most beautiful 24" wide quarter and rift boards. We counted rings before cutting and came up around 200-225 years old.

Sponsored

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice! I knew that terrain looked familiar. I've done a lot of flying out in that area for ranchers, mostly between Dryden/Pandale/Langtry. One of the ranchers gave me permission to take my Bronco wheeling on his place, haven't taken him up on the offer yet, would like to get her in shape for that kind of rugged terrain. Some really awesome scenery and history crammed into that tiny bit of land. There's a guy out by Dryden that's an excellent flintknapper, he makes ridiculously nice twisted Pandale points from agates and anything else knappable he finds.
I was between the airport and Dryden south of 90 when I took that picture I think. The terrain there is hell on tires if you do take your Bronco.

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was between the airport and Dryden south of 90 when I took that picture I think. The terrain there is hell on tires if you do take your Bronco.
Most of the ranchers out there just buy a lot of cheap tires because even the best tires are trashed way before you get any mileage out of them. I counted 7 plugs in a single tire on a local's truck in Sanderson LOL

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs