First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I find an Amazon Ford acquisition scenario extremely unlikely since Amazon is heavily invested in Rivian(at least 700 million)
I think ford is also invested in rivian. I thought I heard to the sum of about $500M

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you think if Amazon bought Ford , we could all get our vehicles sooner with free delivery. Living in a digital world and ordering on line. No details,no test drive.Book one year in advance and still no delivery date. You can’t fix stupid , but you can put a down payment on a vehicle you have never seen with no delivery date and $60,000. price tag. We could be Lemurs heading for the cliff.
This is not a Ford problem. This is a world problem. My neighbor owns a commercial electrician firm. With the fact that we live in a electronic time everyone is affected. He can’t get commercial light controllers, boiler controls, refrigeration controls. You get the idea. Even as big as Ford, Chevy and Dodge are they are all affected. I afraid we are infor a wild ride on this one.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is not a Ford problem. This is a world problem. My neighbor owns a commercial electrician firm. With the fact that we live in a electronic time everyone is affected. He can’t get commercial light controllers, boiler controls, refrigeration controls. You get the idea. Even as big as Ford, Chevy and Dodge are they are all affected. I afraid we are infor a wild ride on this one.
Seems kinda stupid that Ford would release another vehicle and start a whole new reservation system with all these problems.

Sponsored

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Seems kinda stupid that Ford would release another vehicle and start a whole new reservation system with all these problems.
Despite the fact that people assume the opposite for some reason modern electric cars probably don't use more chips then gas ones.

I get that the lightning announcement is bad PR timing for customers affected by shortages, but I don't think Ford has not realized this. Ford's investors were expecting them to announce an electric truck before Rivian and Tesla start delivering. If they hadn't Ford would likely face a stock crash.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know, right?!? I blame silly customers like the one below who keep ordering these new vehicles despite knowing first-hand the problems Ford is having with the Bronco! 😅

eh, f**k it. Reserved one. Can always get my money back and it's only $100. Lets see if I get the lightning before my bronco 😅

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Despite the fact that people assume the opposite for some reason modern electric cars probably don't use more chips then gas ones.

I get that the lightning announcement is bad PR timing for customers affected by shortages, but I don't think Ford has not realized this. Ford's investors were expecting them to announce an electric truck before Rivian and Tesla start delivering. If they hadn't Ford would likely face a stock crash.
Yea they don't want the $13 stock to drop anymore 😅. Think they have to worry more about GM and Volkswagen then Rivian and Tesla. Even if electric doesn't use more chips there are still probably a decent amount of them and if they have to keep regular f150's in a parking lot waiting to be completed then it doesn't look good for the electric unless they are planning the situation being solved by next year.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know, right?!? I blame silly customers like the one below who keep ordering these new vehicles despite knowing first-hand the problems Ford is having with the Bronco! 😅
Damn right 😅. One of these reservations have to work eventually

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea they don't want the $13 stock to drop anymore 😅. Think they have to worry more about GM and Volkswagen then Rivian and Tesla. Even if electric doesn't use more chips there are still probably a decent amount of them and if they have to keep regular f150's in a parking lot waiting to be completed then it doesn't look good for the electric unless they are planning the situation being solved by next year.
Being serious for a moment, the Renesas Naka plant in Japan — where the March 19th fire destroyed the 300 mm silicon wafer manufacturing line that Ford relied on so heavily for its automotive chips — has re-started production and will be back to 100% within weeks. The global chip supply chain will remain constrained through the second half of this year, but most of the issues will be resolved by next year before the Lightning is scheduled to ship.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Being serious for a moment, the Renesas Naka plant in Japan — where the March 19th fire destroyed the 300 mm silicon wafer manufacturing line that Ford relied on so heavily for its automotive chips — has re-started production and will be back to 100% within weeks. The global chip supply chain will remain constrained through the second half of this year, but most of the issues will be resolved by next year before the Lightning is scheduled to ship.
Let's hope that is true, but then again no one expected covid to last as long as it has and have such an impact on the world.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find an Amazon Ford acquisition scenario extremely unlikely since Amazon is heavily invested in Rivian(at least 700 million)
I thought Ford had partnered with Rivian?