RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you think if Amazon bought Ford , we could all get our vehicles sooner with free delivery. Living in a digital world and ordering on line. No details,no test drive.Book one year in advance and still no delivery date. You can’t fix stupid , but you can put a down payment on a vehicle you have never seen with no delivery date and $60,000. price tag. We could be Lemurs heading for the cliff.
Sponsored

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I find an Amazon Ford acquisition scenario extremely unlikely since Amazon is heavily invested in Rivian(at least 700 million)

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Amazon stock would tank...massive new liabilities come with that purchase...

Sponsored

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ohhhh! They can bring me mine on the Treasure Truck!!!!!

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find an Amazon Ford acquisition scenario extremely unlikely since Amazon is heavily invested in Rivian(at least 700 million)
Ford and Amazon are actually partners in Rivian. Ford invested $500 million in Rivian in April 2019 and likely more since then. In fact, Ford reported a noncash gain of $902 million on its own investment in Rivian in Q1 2021 from Rivian’s Series F funding round in January.

However, I agree that Amazon is not a likely suitor for Ford. Tesla could use the worldwide manufacturing footprint, but Tesla’s customers are a cult that love heaping disdain on traditional automotive competitors, and Elon typically likes to roll his own, so even that is an unlikely scenario.

Sponsored

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would be a huge hit to the auto workers union and motor city. That’s for sure. Amazon would fire up manufacturing in right to work states or overseas. They would undercut the competition, run on narrow margins and the prices for a similar vehicle would be about half of what they are now. Don’t see it happening though because it would be an astronomical task and they aren’t set up to get into that level of manufacturing and deal with all the politics that would bring.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Elon typically likes to roll his own, so even that is an unlikely scenario.
Agreed. Tesla has a near terminal case of "Not Invented Here Syndrome". They tried and failed to leapfrog traditional automobile manufacturing processes then had to double-back and do things the standard way anyway. They should have just copied Toyota like everyone else in the industry does.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I for one can't wait for my new Lex Luthor and talking speaker overlords. If it pleases the talking box I would like to ride my prime automobile to my prime residence for my prime meal so I can get some prime sleep to ensure I can be rested for prime employment in the morning. Oh whats that? I've been fired and replaced with a robot? Well I guess I'll just have to charge everything to my Prime card and hope the other dystopian megacorp will hire me.
Sponsored