dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Introducing the new CYBER BRONCO! IT ONLY COMES IN CYBER ORANGE! DON'T WORRY BRONCO NATION WE'LL GET THIS ONE OUT ON TIME.... JUST IGNORE THE PANEL GAPS!
Don't forget that Tesla's cameras record every mile you drive, including the interior cameras, and then upload the video with the sensor data every evening. This is how they feed their self driving AI.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My Amazon stock would tank...massive new liabilities come with that purchase...
I think it would fix F stocks pesky performance.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One model ony. The Amazon Bronco Base(ics).

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know, right?!? šŸ˜‚

Oh, wait! :oops:

Ford Bronco What if Amazon bought Ford 52FEB694-2AFD-402A-A7D7-16FE03E6A4E8
You can always cherry pick your charts to make any point. I was referring to long term. Stretch it out 10-20yrs and youā€™ll see the problem.

Dzrt1st

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch, Toyota Tundra, RX7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ā€œYou can get any color you want as long as itā€™s Area51ā€ - Jeff Bezos

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can always cherry pick your charts to make any point. I was referring to long term. Stretch it out 10-20yrs and youā€™ll see the problem.
Understood, but I am investing for the future, and what happened decades ago is not really relevant when a company is pursuing a different strategy under new leadership. My financial focus on Ford has been over the last year, which is why I showed that comparison chart. Most people are aware that Amazon greatly outperformed Ford over the last two decades, but not many people realize how much Ford has outperformed Amazon in the last 12 months.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I find an Amazon Ford acquisition scenario extremely unlikely since Amazon is heavily invested in Rivian(at least 700 million)
Ford also invested $500 million in Rivian and planned to build something joint with them then built the new Lightning on their own.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless Amazon has been secretly manufacturing microchips and hardtops then about the only thing that would change is a smiley face badge instead of a blue oval.
you right but sense that the people who drive there big rigs think they own the freeway and back up traffic then there be more of that

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm still trying to figure out why Amazon hasn't been sued in a class action lawsuit for taking $119 from customers who are PROMISED IN WRITING to receive 2 day shipping for their money...I haven't received Amazon 2 day shipping in years now.

From Amazon

Free delivery
Free and convenient ways to get millions of items.
Need a last minute gift? Canā€™t get out of the house? Realize you forgot to pick up something? With FREE Two-Day Shipping and more from Amazon Prime, your shopping problems are solved. You get unlimited deliveries with no minimum order size, and with millions of eligible items, the options are practically limitless.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tesla or Subaru will first. In Elon Musk we trust.
Not too keen on Subaru, but Elon Musk is definitely the smartest guy in any room.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford and Amazon are actually partners in Rivian. Ford invested $500 million in Rivian in April 2019 and likely more since then. In fact, Ford reported a noncash gain of $902 million on its own investment in Rivian in Q1 2021 from Rivianā€™s Series F funding round in January.

However, I agree that Amazon is not a likely suitor for Ford. Tesla could use the worldwide manufacturing footprint, but Teslaā€™s customers are a cult that love heaping disdain on traditional automotive competitors, and Elon typically likes to roll his own, so even that is an unlikely scenario.
I think Elon would rather crush Ford than buy it. Iā€™m not crazy about Teslaā€™s cars, more like appliances without a soul, but I love the technology. I donā€™t think it will be long before Ford offers a fully electric Bronco. I just hope it looks like a Bronco, not like some of the other electric offerings.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is not a Ford problem. This is a world problem. My neighbor owns a commercial electrician firm. With the fact that we live in a electronic time everyone is affected. He canā€™t get commercial light controllers, boiler controls, refrigeration controls. You get the idea. Even as big as Ford, Chevy and Dodge are they are all affected. I afraid we are infor a wild ride on this one.
One of the problems is that most OEMā€™s are assemblers, not manufacturers. Tesla is probably the most vertically integrated manufacturer in the world. That being said, even Tesla is having a hard time procuring the parts they donā€™t make themselves. Ironically, when Old Henry ran Ford, he was totally vertically integrated. Thatā€™s progress I guess.
Sponsored